What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I needed some cheering up so I re-ran the Micra's insurance quotes as renewal's next month:

image.thumb.png.2530368815ed7e7fe96d10126d6ecedc.png

That's rather good. I paid £1800 last year for black box insurance alone.

EDIT: Ran the numbers on the BX as well and insurance dropped by £600 to £1411. Nice!

2 hours ago, HarmonicCheeseburger said:

Micra started sputtering, surging and running like general shit the moment it tried to idle, was really worried something else was bloody wrong with it's throttlebody, thankfully fresh Shell Vpower and some RedEx has returned 100% normal driving, over 50miles today without a problem.  Bloody thing is really picky on fuel it seems. 

Things will only be getting worse with E10 and vehicles doing low mileage. I am seeing the backlash of lockdown with some high end classics not being used as the fuel is going off.

I had a smile today getting fuel in a Cobra, a lovely 1966 D reg Moggy in front with a rack on the boot and a wee picnic basket. The owner said hello walking back to his car then came back as he read the 1965 C rec plate on the Cobra and asked if it was original or a kit car. We had a good chat and a look under the bonnet much to the disgust of the cashier. I admired his Morris and he knows my friend with the stretched V8 split screen. 

Happy days.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:26 PM, Minimad5 said:

Looks like DVLA have changed the B+E entitlement .

939550422_Screenshot_20210910-190848_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b7a1d57139920add51c9a6cdd324e625.jpg

This is a win for me 🥳

There are already Special People signing a petition to have the rule put back; I'm not familiar with larger caravans, are there really ones that weigh 3.5t? I'm thinking that even 7m long ones don't weigh that.

6 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

There are already Special People signing a petition to have the rule put back; I'm not familiar with larger caravans, are there really ones that weigh 3.5t? I'm thinking that even 7m long ones don't weigh that.

That may be a caravans weight, but there are other trailers that carry (up to) that weight. New weight regs useful for those drivers, but I dont object to taking a test.

9 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

I'd like to see the road stats showing number of towing accidents before B+E became a mandatory test & after.

Yes they'll be lower due to no fucker on the road during lockdown, but I don't think there will be much difference in reality.

When I was looking on AS Earlier at work on break , A child wanted to ask something ,but instead they chose to look at my computer ( My personal one that I take for Uploading work) they said "whats that dodgy page"

I said " A car Club"

Child " P***Hub  sir , ?!"

I said NO , its a car forum! lol

1 hour ago, 2cvspecial said:

When I was looking on AS Earlier at work on break , A child wanted to ask something ,but instead they chose to look at my computer ( My personal one that I take for Uploading work) they said "whats that dodgy page"

I said " A car Club"

Child " P***Hub  sir , ?!"

I said NO , its a car forum! lol

Are there pron websites with beige colour schemes? And how would the cherub know a sexy picture if they saw one? Or do they have cloth ears?

1 minute ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Are there pron websites with beige colour schemes? And how would the cherub know a sexy picture if they saw one? Or do they have cloth ears?

cloth ears and no , dont think its beige , only AS

Spent the entire day on this:

72C6783C-2317-437C-9087-0B3577D7DDA1.thumb.jpeg.27490f5b082c0ecf6be3ce83bfe7c455.jpeg

I’m in Kefalonia. Used to come regular and my folks lived here for ten years. First time back in 12 years.

I’m exhausted as quads demand 100% attention 100% of the time. They are constantly trying to chuck you off. Great fun though. I left at 10:30 and got back to my room at 6:30. Got the machine until next Saturday.

I have been to most places here more than once but I saw a little cove online in the north east of the island, so went there. On the latter part of the journey, I didn’t see a car or human being for 35 minutes. Anyway, here’s the cove, with the tiny village that was destroyed and abandoned in the 1953 earthquake:

Ithaca in the background:

4F6464BF-9010-444F-8D62-FDC4AD537440.thumb.jpeg.95ed77155290060bbe4bad697345837b.jpeg