What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Bought a new desk as mine collapsed today. Measured all the loadspaces on the fleet and the Civic Sedan was the candidate for going to Ikea. 

If I hadn't bought the sedan, I couldn't have done this l, as the R8 400 was never offered with a folding rear seat. It's one of the reasons I bought the Sedan. I love it dearly, it's my forever car for sure.  It drives like it's new. 

20210908_201640.jpg

20210908_201743.jpg

It thunderstormed yesterday, the last little brass doodad I needed for the regulator is installed, a test run completed proving it welds nicely and I'm just waiting for my new mask to charge.  Here's hoping I can make decent progress on the Maestro before the weather gets too scorchio today.

IMAG6043.thumb.jpg.b35940d908387b301c9c80531375e67b.jpg

I'm pretty certain this welder originally came from @Ratdat who kindly provided it when I was skint and needed a welder.  I then did the same favour for someone else who likewise passed it around until eventually it came back to me just as I was looking to buy another welder.  It's been in the wars and hasn't always been stored in a manner conducive to keeping a welder happy and it has just shrugged it all off.  Maybe one day it'll get a new torch handle thingy.  Maybe one day it'll get a new grab handle on the front.  Maybe one day I'll clean it.

No more structural socks!  Not my finest welding, I'll admit.  What matters is there's no rust and it's nice and solid, another pass with the flapwheel when the grinder has recharged, and a smear of seam sealer, will see this up to a perfectly decent standard for what this car is.  Not sure if I'll get the arch lip done as well today, I'm still figuring out the best way to use what I've got for that job.  Still, it's progress and that's what matters.

IMAG6045.thumb.jpg.007221991184b0d0a144af815051ee47.jpg

Not perfect, but perfectly good enough.  A couple of small pieces to finish, the grinding, sealing, and painting to finish it all off.  A very big job that would have been easier if I could have got the proper repair panels for this side instead of making do with front wings.

IMAG6047.thumb.jpg.48f1da9392ae43719aeba84e8b10328b.jpg

9 hours ago, castros_bro said:

So due to supply chain issues we are advised to use parts from used vehicles. What a bizarre idea, it'll never catch on here.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/can-repairing-cars-with-green-used-parts-save-money-and-time-online-giant-ebay-joins-forces-with-insurers-to-help-battle-the-supply-chain-crunch/ar-AAOfv7K

They had to utter the fing B word.

So due to supply chain issues we are advised to use parts from used vehicles. What a bizarre idea, it'll never catch on here.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/can-repairing-cars-with-green-used-parts-save-money-and-time-online-giant-ebay-joins-forces-with-insurers-to-help-battle-the-supply-chain-crunch/ar-AAOfv7K
As long as we call them 'Green Parts' .

11 hours ago, castros_bro said:

Price-gouging profiteering shites can get in the fucking sea; the day internet monopolists are charged a decent rate of tax will not come soon enough.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:26 PM, Minimad5 said:

Looks like DVLA have changed the B+E entitlement .

939550422_Screenshot_20210910-190848_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b7a1d57139920add51c9a6cdd324e625.jpg

This is a win for me 🥳

Unless you are over 70, then BE goes to 2,600kg and you lose some other categories,  such as D1, & C1, and others,  whenever you passed your test. I passed  in 1969. To get them back, you must have an expensive medical.  Look for  more  DVLA trailer changes coming soon.