What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

My internet was very poor for most of last week, switching off for long periods. Really was pissing me off as it seemed to be off just when I needed it.

So I sent a WhatsApp message to the company to see if they knew what the issue was.

15 minutes later one of their vans is at my front gate. Technician comes in, plugs my router into his laptop, says the router has an issue, and pulls a new one out of his bag, plugs it in, and all good.

The big grin is that I sent the message at 19.40 hours. On a Friday. Some services here are crap, but others restore my faith in moving here.

21 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

My internet was very poor for most of last week, switching off for long periods. Really was pissing me off as it seemed to be off just when I needed it.

So I sent a WhatsApp message to the company to see if they knew what the issue was.

15 minutes later one of their vans is at my front gate. Technician comes in, plugs my router into his laptop, says the router has an issue, and pulls a new one out of his bag, plugs it in, and all good.

The big grin is that I sent the message at 19.40 hours. On a Friday. Some services here are crap, but others restore my faith in moving here.

Service exactly as it should be!  I thought it was extinct.

Had to go to Peterhead which is about 30 miles from me, mostly on A roads.  Took the Mustang, just because, and discovered that it's quite quick.  Turns out LHD is not such a hindrance on well sighted roads and overtaking is quite easy with sufficient power at your disposal.    

Of course the penalty for all this sound and fury is that it converts petrol to noise at 22mpg but I'm definitely not complaining.

TL;DR: Buy a Mustang, they're great.

Despite an enormous phobia of needles and medical procedures in general, today I finally got two ticks on my covid vaccination card. Has NOT been an easy journey to this point, but here I am. 

20210826_115706.thumb.jpg.37531cdca7805450e029dc532be7b8c6.jpg

enter ECP.

'hi, I'd like some TFR' 
'ah we're out of 5 litre bottles, we only have it in a 20 litre container. the 20 litre works out cheaper anyway - 5l is like £20-25'
'Is the 20l the concentrated stuff?'
'yes'
'How much is it?'
'£14.99'
'I'll take one of those'.

Not gonna need cleaning supplies for a while methinks.