What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Absolutely loved Mohammed Al Fayed's statement on 5live this morning, regarding the new statue of Michael Jackson(!!!!!), unveiled today at Craven Cottage.

“If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift they can go to hell.â€Â

The man is fuggin radio rental... :lol::lol:

sold an xm today - now what can I spend the money on?

Vauxhall Corsa automatic. Your missus will be so happy you'll be indulging in some red hot horizontal jogging action whenever you please. If she doesn't like it then you can cruise past Maccy D's all night wolf whistling at spotty birds instead. It's a win-win situation.

If he had the Caymen he wouldn't have to worry about a hair transplant as it appears to me the majority of people who drive cars like that are baldy, middle-aged gangsta wannabes.

I needed a back brake backing plate and handbrake shoe mounting kit for this e46 BMW I've got. Eurocarparts wanted £19.99 for the mounting kit but didn't do the back plate so I just got them both from the local main BMW dealer and was expecting a tiger bumming in the price department. It turns out mounting kit from was £12 and the back plate £12 and I didn't have to go up to Glasgow to get it or pay to have it delivered.

Quite chuffed really as it now means i can put it all back together again.

Went with a mate to pick a van up today (a dangerously cheap vw T5) to Dorset. 250 miles each way.

We drove down in his volvo estate (this shit mitsubishi charisma type), and since the van we bought had a tow bar, we put the A frame in the boot and much to the sellers amusement used the van to tow the volvo home to save diesel :lol:

Did 38mpg on the way back. Van was GR8. Felt good to get in a fast small car after 500 miles driving big old buses all day!

A while ago I wrote an article on the Top 10 Worst Aircraft of WW2 and sent it to Listverse. Completely forgot about it until I log on today and it's been published!

http://listverse.com/2011/04/04/top-10- ... rld-war-2/

Except I suddenly noticed some typos in it which has annoyed me no end.

while hiding some ebay purchases from swmbo i found a suitcase in the loft full of 1950s, 60s and 70s newspaper clippings, mostly local news stories but including kray twins murder trial, charlie richardson torture trial, a faximile of 1909 west stanley pit disaster (168 minors died in an explosion caused by unsafe lamps), a gruesome local murder or three, great train robbery (and trial, escape and possible sightings of the escapees), apollo 13 'disaster', and alleged moon landings. plus all the incidental stuff like local court reports or driving offences and drunkeness and 100s of adverts for 2nd hand cars & motorbikes.

i have just spent almost 8 hours reading them all :D

Oil, fuel, wood, skin.... Hydrazine Hydrate is nasty stuff. Also, seeing as the other tank was full of hydrogen peroxide, accidental mixing of the two fuel components was a big problem too.

NC, that was an excellent list, and a really good read! My only nit-pick is that .303 and 7.62mm are not the same calibre, 7.62mm is .308 ;)

Finally, today turned out to have a better day than expected, whilst most of it is pretty insignificant in others eyes, it was nice to have some good stuff happen today, no matter how small or insignificant.

Had a cooker delivered today, a day earlier than expected, the blokes who fitted the cooker were smashing, a joy to talk to, the cooker looks great. At the garage I found myself driving an '01 Mercedes S600L V12, nice. Got the 820e fixed for nothing and treated it to some new sun-visors. Wonderful.

Car insurance surprisingly. My 'usual' insurers have quoted me £118 fully comp on the Cortina (5,000 miles p/a ungaraged) which seemed very fair so I didn't arse about getting other quotes, aside from one of £120 which was TPFT.

Finally got my Dan Gurney-signed 6-ft x 10-ft shop banner of the 1967 GT MkIV en route to victory at LeMans. Over the moon with it. That's Dan's scribble below the car...

1967LeMansMkIV1Gurney-FoytBanner6x10.jpg

I Bought about thirty autographed F1 programmes from the 1960s and 70s for about £6 each - included Bruce Mclaren (2), Tom Pryce (x3), Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, Francois Cevet (x2), Ronnie Petersen, etc. and Dan Gurney.