What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Today had been a good day,nah a great day.

When I started working in my current job I joined the car draw, x amount of money deducted from my wage and evey month a Nissan Micra was drawn.

When Sunderland Nissan stopped producing the micra, it turned into a cash draw.

Well today I won the cash draw, I found out at 9.30 this morning I had a production trial meeting at 10.00. I have no idea what was said in the meeting to busy buzzing..It's also our summer shut down, so i'm on holiday for 2 weeks

I have an electric toothbrush - I knocked it off the shelf this morning, picked it up and gave it a rinse before use but halfway through brushing I found out the hard way that it'd picked up a hair off the floor, which vibrated against the back of my throat and make me instantly violently vomit and half fill the sink. It was absolutely magnificent!

54 minutes ago, cobblers said:

I have an electric toothbrush - I knocked it off the shelf this morning, picked it up and gave it a rinse before use but halfway through brushing I found out the hard way that it'd picked up a hair off the floor, which vibrated against the back of my throat and make me instantly violently vomit and half fill the sink. It was absolutely magnificent!

Why do they make them (Oral-B, looking at you here) so easy to topple over and, usually, onto the floor?

All set to help my son fix  the rocker gasket on his Lupo GTI yesterday which is no where near as straightforward as it sounds when my son informed me he had sorted it himself,

He traced the oil leak to the bolt to the left of the sensor  (the dirty bolt) which was loose, this was tightened and no more oil leak.

just got to pressure wash the engine bay and underneath now 

*edit he sent me this pic after he cleaned it *

4B4646FF-7A07-4D48-B012-048FC32210D0.jpeg

It was my sons 15th birthday a few weeks ago, and we bought him a young drivers experience for it. Today was the day. Up to the Norfolk Showground for an hours instruction in a new Corsa.

He loved it, I grinned proudly throughout and we got a video as a keepsake. He was also a natural, and will make a great driver in a couple of years.

https://www.youngdriver.eu

1 hour ago, anonymous user said:

I raise you a Lotus 7 on that. Although when it was my only car I managed, but passenger definitely not allowed.

I was once stopped by plod for taking my 3 kids to school in a Caterham. Two in passenger seat and one stood in boot holding rollbar. Copper was an old school friend “Rich, you twat, I can’t always ignore this y’know!” … let off with it. 🤣

9 hours ago, motorpunk said:

I was once stopped by plod for taking my 3 kids to school in a Caterham. Two in passenger seat and one stood in boot holding rollbar. Copper was an old school friend “Rich, you twat, I can’t always ignore this y’know!” … let off with it. 🤣

As an 18 year old, I met up with some mates in a pub, who were already pissed, and as I was in the Spitfire, on my eay home from working in a petrol station, I just had a coke, before last orders. 

At which point they decided to gho to the chippy.  I fancied a bag of chips for supper, so i went in the car. About 1/4 mile..Top down. 

On the way there was a railway crossing. Last train from Liverpool had closed the gates, so i was sat waiting and 3 of them decided to stand up in the back whilst waiting. 

Then a police car pulls up and my mates piss off over the bridge. 

I am.told to pull over. 

Erm I'm already stopped officer.

When the gates open, drive forward and park in front of the shops. 

So I wait for the gates to open and drive to the chippy. 

Where I am accused of being over the limit, and carrying 3 passengers whilst they are standing on the back parcel shelf. 

But he decides that his shift finishes shortly, and he's got his eye on me. 

My mates come out of the chippy, and offer him some of my chips. 

I really didn't see the funny side, and neither did he. 

Fucking twats didn't get me salt or vinegar. 

Despite my grumpiness noted in the Grumpy Thread, in a conversation with MrsReb last night we realised that between the two of us and our respective brothers we actually have the skills (if not necessarily the experience) to set up a technology company/game development company/various different industries really. All four of us are autistic and actually quite good at a variety of things, we all do much better when doing something we genuinely enjoy rather than working a 9-5, so given all of us are presently unemployed what better time to start working on something?

What to work on I'm not entirely sure yet, but I'm sure we'll find something, we might even make some money out of it with any luck!

I've had my security camera a while now. It's got a 128 gig card in it.

I set it up, using a storage calculator online to get about 10 days of footage.

I'm at a loose end, killing time before work. I just scrolled back to see where the footage recording loop restarted.

16:15 on 28.05.21

I think that's more than 10 days. There's still 34 gig left of recording space on the card too..

16 hours ago, reb said:

Despite my grumpiness noted in the Grumpy Thread, in a conversation with MrsReb last night we realised that between the two of us and our respective brothers we actually have the skills (if not necessarily the experience) to set up a technology company/game development company/various different industries really. All four of us are autistic and actually quite good at a variety of things, we all do much better when doing something we genuinely enjoy rather than working a 9-5, so given all of us are presently unemployed what better time to start working on something?

What to work on I'm not entirely sure yet, but I'm sure we'll find something, we might even make some money out of it with any luck!

I've always said, you should look.at the last ten items or services you purchased. 

Could you do.it better, cheaper etc. ?  If so you are *half-way there.