What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

17 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

There was a G reg (copy) outside work on Friday. Sounded immense at idle!

That car sounds nice and has under floor pipes fitted. I did 50 miles later that day in a Shelby with race side pipes and my ears felt like I had been at a Motorhead concert!

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Does anyone remember wondering what a ‘trombelise’ was in 1997? 

ha! I thought it was that for years until someone told me it was actually 'strong beliefs'. I pretended that I knew it was that all along...

I assumed it was some sort of French musical instrument, possibly a small trombone or something involving tiny cymbals.

I mentioned to my wife that I wanted to buy this 4x4 kei truck off ebay.

Image 11 - SUZUKI CARRY 4x4 ( not ATV, quad, MULE, UTV, etc.)

And she said it was a good idea 😮

I think I was just laying the groundwork, as I would rather have an automatic one direct from japan and put some sort of strange camper body on the back. Pulling the fibreglass bit off a rotten romahome would be perfect.

3 hours ago, Stanky said:

ha! I thought it was that for years until someone told me it was actually 'strong beliefs'. I pretended that I knew it was that all along...

I assumed it was some sort of French musical instrument, possibly a small trombone or something involving tiny cymbals.

An ex colleague used to sing " My brothers got some money - he got it from the leeds."

13 hours ago, cobblers said:

I think I was just laying the groundwork, as I would rather have an automatic one direct from japan and put some sort of strange camper body on the back. Pulling the fibreglass bit off a rotten romahome would be perfect.

My wife would love a romahome 

I suppose age and rot has saved me from owning one ....

15 hours ago, cobblers said:

I've seen 2 of those here. Both broken.

Here they're used as utility vehicles, much the same as you'd buy a lawnmower or shovel, they're used for hauling tools and junk around the farm

On 7/7/2021 at 8:45 PM, catsinthewelder said:

It's two polar opposite channels JM is a complete twat but Laurie, the long haired chap with a beard who used to appear on his channel was excellent.  Ian is ace but it's far better without the hairy twat 😂

I wouldn't say he's a complete twat, there are definitely elements of his game that could be improved upon for him to get to the proper twat element - as demonstrated by that Hoovie clown.

Huggy had a visitor today...

1071827027_HB036.thumb.jpg.fde3ae73f2bf87dcfa856ae9df993b08.jpg

756248244_HB035.thumb.jpg.1a3da1d9c1daa5f5074f5cfa65215462.jpg

1991 Buick, brought along by our old friend Junkman.  He had got wind of my plastic kit sale, and ordered some; today he collected, and took away some diecasts too.  It was great to see him again!  (And his Buick is gorgeous!)

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

Huggy had a visitor today...

1071827027_HB036.thumb.jpg.fde3ae73f2bf87dcfa856ae9df993b08.jpg

756248244_HB035.thumb.jpg.1a3da1d9c1daa5f5074f5cfa65215462.jpg

1991 Buick, brought along by our old friend Junkman.  He had got wind of my plastic kit sale, and ordered some; today he collected, and took away some diecasts too.  It was great to see him again!  (And his Buick is gorgeous!)

Not seen him for ages, last time I spoke to him at Cholomonoondey he hadn't a clue who I was 😅 ... bearing in mind I've sat co-pilot in his P6 when we were visiting Jon and his Amazon

9 minutes ago, dome said:

I've got that too, great little tool. Yeah, the M18s are more powerful but this can get in places they can't!

Exactly why I picked it. It'll be more useful getting to awkward stuff, than a bigger one that could break your wrist.

7 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

Exactly why I picked it. It'll be more useful getting to awkward stuff, than a bigger one that could break your wrist.

The M12 system also lets you get one of their cordless ratchets which is rapidly becoming one of my favourite tools.