What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

15 hours ago, omegod said:

Popped into RAF Cosford today after going down to sort a new purchase nearby, TSR-2 is bloody amazing, always wanted to see it in the flesh

Is it a recent addition?

It's a while since I was last there but don't recall seeing it.

10 hours ago, myglaren said:

Is it a recent addition?

It's a while since I was last there but don't recall seeing it.

The TSR-2 used to live at Duxford, didn’t it? I’m sure that’s where I saw it, many years ago. And yes, it is fantastic.

Took Memphis for her evening walk last night, and we walked past the chippy where we always go on a Saturday (they're quite happy for her to come in, in my arms).  She's been in there almost every Saturday for nearly nine years now.  The ladies beckoned her in and, as they usually do on a Saturday, gave me a sausage for her!  (Wrapped up, to take home, of course.)

My wife's grandparents were due to come down to see us a couple of weeks ago, but cancelled at the last minute. He is ex navy and rather outspoken so we'd gone to town cleaning the house, tidying the garden, cleaning the windows etc to avoid snipey comments being made.

The reason they gave was the grin though. "We can't come because the car battery is low on charge, so we'd have to drive slowly on the way over".

Ummm I don't think it works like that? If anyone gets tangled up behind a Vauxhall insignia doing 35mph in the middle lane of the M27, there is a good chance it's them! Make sure you toot the horn and wave!

16 minutes ago, Stanky said:

My wife's grandparents were due to come down to see us a couple of weeks ago, but cancelled at the last minute. He is ex navy and rather outspoken so we'd gone to town cleaning the house, tidying the garden, cleaning the windows etc to avoid snipey comments being made.

The reason they gave was the grin though. "We can't come because the car battery is low on charge, so we'd have to drive slowly on the way over".

Ummm I don't think it works like that? If anyone gets tangled up behind a Vauxhall insignia doing 35mph in the middle lane of the M27, there is a good chance it's them! Make sure you toot the horn and wave!

Fuck me , ex navy , what was he in charge of , making sure nobody pulled the big bung in the bottom of the hull 

A guy I worked with came to work , asked the maintenance guy to have a look at his car because the oil light wouldn't go out 

First thing to check , oil level , only he couldn't get a reading 

Have you put oil in it 

Yes but it didn't go out 

It was full , and I mean 5 litres over the top of the dipstick

I get easily distracted by clickbaity news stories appearing in my feed, especially the MSN comments section. Found this gem commenting on an article about rising sea levels this morning;

by John Grimley (for it is he)

Rising sea levels?
Has any o these scientists actually looked at some of the ships being floated these days? Fleets of enormous container ships not only loaded with containers but stacked dozens high above the decks. Cruise ships that make the titanic look like a 2 berth pleasure steamer on the Norfolk Broads etc etc. Putting all these behemoths onto the sea won't affect the sea levels at all will it?

3 hours ago, warch said:

I get easily distracted by clickbaity news stories appearing in my feed, especially the MSN comments section. Found this gem commenting on an article about rising sea levels this morning;

by John Grimley (for it is he)

See also kids throwing stones into the sea on beaches. got to add up at the macro level, right?

14 hours ago, Wack said:

Fuck me , ex navy , what was he in charge of , making sure nobody pulled the big bung in the bottom of the hull 

A guy I worked with came to work , asked the maintenance guy to have a look at his car because the oil light wouldn't go out 

First thing to check , oil level , only he couldn't get a reading 

Have you put oil in it 

Yes but it didn't go out 

It was full , and I mean 5 litres over the top of the dipstick

Saw that happen once - a teenage driver in Halfords carpark, tipping a full 5 litre bottle of oil into his Corsa B.

The car made it about 200yds down the dual carriageway before there was a wet 'pop' and a lot of white smoke...

50 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Saw that happen once - a teenage driver in Halfords carpark, tipping a full 5 litre bottle of oil into his Corsa B.

The car made it about 200yds down the dual carriageway before there was a wet 'pop' and a lot of white smoke...

This guy was a 50 year old welder , a teenager I could understand , he said he couldn't see it on the dipstick so kept pouring expecting the light to go out 

It was a faulty switch