What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

20 hours ago, myglaren said:

I kept hearing odd noises during the night (Thursday).  Not unusual in this house, but different.  Sounded as though there was an animal or bird in one of the bedrooms.  Strange clattering and scuffling.

I did find a cat in a few days ago and all the windows had been open.

Went to investigate and fond nothing.

It occurred several times, still nothing to see.

Yesterday the council did indeed turn up and remove the heap of crap - most of it anyway.  The chair is still there.

It must have been an animal digging about in the heap of crap - hedgehog perhaps, or a fox.  There were a few odd 'animal' sounds as it got light, hard to say what.

Anyone want a nice chair? The legs are only about four inches long, not much better than sitting on the floor.

AA120468.JPG

AA120467.JPG

Could be a Victorian/Antique Nursing Chair. They can be offered for purchase at quite a bit of money according to the Fleabay

It's not going to be older than late 80s, there's a big label on the base that looks like the sort of thing you see post-fire safety regs.  The fabric is very 1990s/early 2000s too, that sort of chintzy reproduction Victorian look.  Definitely looks to be a nursing chair, pretty comfy if you've got the matching stool.  Prices are a bit funny on second hand nursing chairs for some reason but it does seem a shame to throw out what looks like a reasonable condition bit of furniture.

23 hours ago, SherpaMog said:

Sick of living in a flat above what used to be a nice pub. Now full of scrapey scum shit people. The police have named the pub as a place renowned for drugs, and I was mentioned by name as a drug dealer by them to the landlady.

Fuck you police. I have never sold drugs ever.

I move in to a property next to the police station next week.

I'm going to start by putting a bike rack outside their front door for me and my children's bikes,  I have the rack and some concrete bolts and some resin, then decide what to do with their garden area, I will probably fence a bit off. 

the actual drug dealers drive AMG mercedes a45s and have never had jobs.............. 

Under GDPR regulations, you could ask the police what information they hold about you.  I think.

I know Comedian and left wing him an rights act Activist did that with both the police and MI5 and Nestle.  

3 hours ago, New POD said:

I know a Comedian and left wing human rights act Activist

He sounds a right fucking laugh

My Mother Person who lactates and bears children in law has got no nose....

000000000000000000.jpg

37 minutes ago, Wack said:

When the client says , do what you want 

I bet he'll never say that again 🤣

Screenshot_20210613-152737_TikTok.thumb.jpg.6035a387de88874c07501c0dc534c004.jpg

I have at least 5 times said to my barber. 

You are the expert. You cut 40 heads of hair a day at least. What do you suggest for a bloke my age.  I have an interview next week. I'll be wearing a suit and talking ballocks. 

Guess what. Blank looks. We end up with agreeing short back and sides and a Hitler fringe. 

Well fuck that. I bought clippers in lockdown and it's 2 mm  all over. 

10 hours ago, New POD said:

Under GDPR regulations, you could ask the police what information they hold about you.  I think.

I know Comedian and left wing him an rights act Activist did that with both the police and MI5 and Nestle.  

Mark Thomas wasn’t it?

12 hours ago, New POD said:

I know Comedian and left wing human rights act Activist Mark Thomas did that with both the police and MI5 and Nestle.  

That's what I didn't say. 

On 12/06/2021 at 14:43, omegod said:

Just had cause to pop into Liverpool Town Centre , scantily clad beauties as far as the eye could see. I had to bail out lest my blood pressure escalate to dangerous levels.

Seriously though it was nice to see so many people out enjoying themselves in the sun after such a bloody miserable year 

The MILS house is on a preferd route to the beach from the station  , all today was girls with  tits , arses and long legs going past in skimpy clothes  , and lads carrying cases of drinks , i have never worked so long on a job in the front garden  ..........

4 hours ago, inconsistant said:

Two grins from yesterday, the first was this:

IMG_3207.thumb.JPG.84136c30755640feb6fc7cd184588b1d.JPG

YES!!! Finally a bunch of old cars parked together in a field next to a pub.

Second grin was on the way home this happened:

IMG_3269.thumb.JPG.a323d2580921f509439275ab5a0af03d.JPG

Still grinning about both today!

Why has the Allegro sunk into the ground?

2 hours ago, Amishtat said:

I think that's the one on a Beetle floor pan. 

2 hours ago, inconsistant said:

IMG_3233.JPG

Found it after going down a rabbit hole I wish I had not taken.

With so many changes I would have thought that would have ended up as  Q plate.