What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Woman out the back of mine has an RCZ that appears to be very reliable indeed.  Replaced her Crossfire that was a miserable thing.

It's her second RCZ so can't be too bad.

Apologies for the photo, too lazy to actually go outside and do a proper job.

AA090461.JPG

17 hours ago, iainrcz said:

I've upset an angry person on the RCZ forum.

He posted about 309 pictures going on about internal engine corrosion, and what to do .

I merely said "looks expensive, I'd skip it"

Apparently I'm crass and need to moderate my life amongst other things.

I'm still debating if I should ban him 🤣

Yep. I knew when he got all aggressive that he was a plum.

Turns out he chucked £3700 at it getting parts replaced and the engine rebuilt.

On a 2013 200 that's probably worth about 5k...

8 hours ago, myglaren said:

Woman out the back of mine has an RCZ that appears to be very reliable indeed.  Replaced her Crossfire that was a miserable thing.

It's her second RCZ so can't be too bad.

Apologies for the photo, too lazy to actually go outside and do a proper job.

AA090461.JPG

Nice street furniture.

47 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Nice street furniture.

Someone keeps piling crap out there.  The council takes it away.  It may be fly tipping or possibly not.

One of the flats has recently been renovated and It looks like detritus from that - most of that heap is rolled up strips of new carpet offcuts.  The chair just appeared today.

9 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Many years ago I was extremely bored at work so spent a fun filled few hours memorising Pi to 22 decimal places.  I can still remember it too, which is quite sad.

One of my schoolmates was employed at Fylingdales BMEWS.  There were the most up to date computers installed, that six seconds after launch could identify a soviet missile, where it was launched and it's target.

One night he was there alone and set the computer to work out Pi to as far as it could go.

Several hours later it had chugged out the result onto fanfold paper using the dot matrix printer.

I forget how many places but it was a hell of a lot of paper.

Good job the Russians didn't launch any nukes while it was busy.

16 minutes ago, myglaren said:

One of my schoolmates was employed at Fylingdales BMEWS.  There were the most up to date computers installed, that six seconds after launch could identify a soviet missile, where it was launched and it's target.

One night he was there alone and set the computer to work out Pi to as far as it could go.

Several hours later it had chugged out the result onto fanfold paper using the dot matrix printer.

I forget how many places but it was a hell of a lot of paper.

Good job the Russians didn't launch any nukes while it was busy.

66C2FB3D-D2FB-467B-BC52-5687299C3787.jpeg

9 hours ago, myglaren said:

.....Several hours later it had chugged out the result onto fanfold paper using the dot matrix printer.

I forget how many places but it was a hell of a lot of paper....

Was the sudden increase in the consumption of printer paper marked down as an aberration?

On 09/06/2021 at 19:19, Remspoor said:

Nice street furniture.

I kept hearing odd noises during the night (Thursday).  Not unusual in this house, but different.  Sounded as though there was an animal or bird in one of the bedrooms.  Strange clattering and scuffling.

I did find a cat in a few days ago and all the windows had been open.

Went to investigate and fond nothing.

It occurred several times, still nothing to see.

Yesterday the council did indeed turn up and remove the heap of crap - most of it anyway.  The chair is still there.

It must have been an animal digging about in the heap of crap - hedgehog perhaps, or a fox.  There were a few odd 'animal' sounds as it got light, hard to say what.

Anyone want a nice chair? The legs are only about four inches long, not much better than sitting on the floor.

AA120468.JPG

AA120467.JPG

Sick of living in a flat above what used to be a nice pub. Now full of scrapey scum shit people. The police have named the pub as a place renowned for drugs, and I was mentioned by name as a drug dealer by them to the landlady.

Fuck you police. I have never sold drugs ever.

I move in to a property next to the police station next week.

I'm going to start by putting a bike rack outside their front door for me and my children's bikes,  I have the rack and some concrete bolts and some resin, then decide what to do with their garden area, I will probably fence a bit off. 

the actual drug dealers drive AMG mercedes a45s and have never had jobs.............. 

Just had cause to pop into Liverpool Town Centre , scantily clad beauties as far as the eye could see. I had to bail out lest my blood pressure escalate to dangerous levels.

Seriously though it was nice to see so many people out enjoying themselves in the sun after such a bloody miserable year