What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, omegod said:

My vicar brother was yesterday regaling me about how he got delayed at the crematorium last week as the previous funeral was over running, a mourner had dropped dead during the service!   

It's a risk , my mother in law is 96 , when she goes she has a 92 year old sister, a 72 year old daughter who had a serious heart attack a couple of years ago and neighbours she's known for 60 years who are in their late 80s  so there might be three nines dialed on the phone ready to hit go

On 6/5/2021 at 6:43 AM, Wack said:

New customer, I'll get my van washed 

It does show what's wrong with people today though , they could see what was going to happen but instead of looking for an emergency stop button or telling the operator they watched him drive in and recorded it 

7 hours ago, Wack said:

Just read something that made me grin 

Trying to understand a woman is like trying to understand what the colour seven smells like 

I think after 25 years of marriage I'm at that stage :D

And just at the point when you think you are starting to understand the menopause will kick in. 

Just filling in a form on our work system to add the SLK to the expenses system.

Suspect in the world of hybrids and electric cars someone is having a dicky fit before accepting the change..

Engine size 3199 co2 254....

Will be able to drive the Merc into Brum and avoid clean air tax but not C4GP 1.6HDi

Awaiting a message... 🤣

11 hours ago, Wack said:

Australian doesn't like his new Toyota :D

I'd happily pay a few grand, travel for 24 hours and risk contracting Covid19, just for the opportunity to track down and glass that nasally, whining cunt.

I've upset an angry person on the RCZ forum.

He posted about 309 pictures going on about internal engine corrosion, and what to do .

I merely said "looks expensive, I'd skip it"

Apparently I'm crass and need to moderate my life amongst other things.

I'm still debating if I should ban him 🤣

58 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

He posted about 309 pictures going on about internal engine corrosion, and what to do .

Why is he posting pictures of 309s on an RCZ forum?

1 hour ago, iainrcz said:

They look like a French alternative to an Audi TT.  Are they any good? . Seem a bit pricey for a megane,  like the TT seems to be pricey for a golf. 

30 minutes ago, New POD said:

They look like a French alternative to an Audi TT.  Are they any good? . Seem a bit pricey for a megane,  like the TT seems to be pricey for a golf. 

Yes and no. I liked mine, it was  decent looking and well equipped.

Downside it was the least reliable car I've ever had, and I've owned a Fiat Panda made of filler that liked snapping clutch cables.

Coilpacks, coolant temp sensor, timing chain and the straw that broke the camel's back was a loud ticking noise. I had it checked out and it was the DMF popping its clogs.

So it went. I'd owned it around 16/17 months. It had about 50k on when I traded it in. They're based on a 308, built in Austria by Magna Steyr.

I now own a slightly slower, not as nicely equipped Toyota GT86 that has not batted an eyelid in nearly 3 years.

It gets no special treatment and it has never missed a beat.

35 minutes ago, Garythesnail said:

"Because Toyota"

This is how I've found the experience of running the four Subarus we've had - they just work.

I've literally had no murmurs. I've had a few little bits to do, the bonnet slam panel trim rusts on them. As does the metal on door window outer seals. I've just taken them off and tarted them up. No big issue. Both are black, so easy job.

37 minutes ago, New POD said:

Magna Steyr ? The same people who bmw contracted out the build of the Cuntyman to (in Austria).  

Yep. Those folks.

4 hours ago, New POD said:

Had an RCZ-R on an extended test drive (Before Covid, I was doing a lot of long-ish term test drives for work). The engine is proper bonkers.

If you'd told someone 10 years ago that they could get 300BHP out of a 1.6 turbo, they'd tell you to give your head a wobble. Same engine as the 308 GTi (which again, is a fun car - nearest thing to a 205 GTi Peugeot ever made)

On 6/6/2021 at 10:05 PM, beko1987 said:

@BorniteIdentity what milage is your Toyota on again?

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/high-mile-club/

I'm about to get the 150k one, which is quite extraordinary for an MR2 Roadster. They normally start burning oil around £100k.

This one didn't. Last owner was a lady owner who paid for anything and everything that it needed. Serviced without fail every year. Engine is really sweet. Shame I'm getting it swapped out.