What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 5/22/2021 at 11:13 PM, junkyarddog said:

This afternoon I was transported back to 1981,when I was an impressionable car mad 8 year old lad.

My cousin had bought a bright orange 1979 Fiat 131 mirafiori sport,it was amazing,especially compared to my dad's Hillman hunter and indeed most of the daily porridge that abounded at the time.

Fast forward 40 years. 

It was a nice afternoon today,so I decided to go for an amble out in my Golf,passing my cousins farm yard gate a glint of bright orange caught my eye,followed by me bringing my Golf to an abrupt halt!!

FUCK ME!!!!

20210522_145654.thumb.jpg.fd2c052369851630d832eae2b43d48c5.jpg

What a stunner.....

:mrgreen:

You might remember this ad campaign....

The weird thing about Mirafioris was that you could find a 7 year old that was ready to be scrapped, but there were some that stayed rust free. I suppose the Soviet steel was very inconsistent, and you would get terrible batches and sometimes really good ones.

39 minutes ago, artdjones said:

The weird thing about Mirafioris was that you could find a 7 year old that was ready to be scrapped, but there were some that stayed rust free. I suppose the Soviet steel was very inconsistent, and you would get terrible batches and sometimes really good ones.

Does that apply to Lancia Betas and Fulvias? A question that has occasionally troubled my brain.

When I was in school,all those years ago, the lad in my year, who was the first to pass his driving test had a yellow Mirafiori. He was very popular for a short time, until in a triumph of enthusiasm over ability he put it on its roof and wrote it off.

He had to retake his driving test and it was quite a while before his parents trusted him with a car again.

23 hours ago, andy18s said:

Fancy outdoing  the Stolly at Chumley?

Withams have a sale on

Screenshot_20210524-143426_Outlook.jpg

It'll go for double that or more; CVR(T)s, especially the ones with turrets that look like tanks despite not being tanks, are very popular due to being driveable on the road and not being 60 tonnes.

2 hours ago, artdjones said:

There was probably also the pleasingly-random element of build quality brought in by the assembly line workers.

3 hours ago, artdjones said:

My gran had two Supermirafioris, had to get them Ziebarted and they lasted a surprisingly long time. She only kept cars for 2 years at the time, mind.

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A210 or something. It's shiny and sleek, and has an iridescent blue rear panel. 5!?! cameras apparently too.

And...

It's also fucking annoying me already. I just want my phone to be like my PC.

I want the shit I want.  And the shit I don't want, can go away.

I don't want to download and sign up for Tik Tok, I don't want Netflix, I don't want Samsung Galaxy store.

We'll get there, eventually.