What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I always choose the right cigarettes for customers! And funnily enough, they normally choose the 'premium brands'. I wonder how many other people who work in front of a fag gantry know where the Senior Service are.

And Angry Dicky, here is another photo of your excellent looking Maestro.

5507553010_50e168454a_z.jpg

1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base Hatchback. by bramm77, on Flickr

Pulling away from a traffic light on the pushbike on the way home from work this evening (yes, I do stop at red lights when I'm cycling), I heard a slightly incongruous noise behind me. At first I thought it was one of those Secma buggy things, or a cheap Chinese imitation thereof, but it was too quiet and refined-sounding for that. It actually turned out to be an immaculate T-reg Honda CB400A - I haven't seen one of those on the road for donkey's years. Proper bikeshite. :D

Maybe it's just me, but I have NEVER found a shop where they get my fag choice right first time. Whatever I say, they'll reach for something else and I have to direct them along using hand gestures and grunts of encouragement/ discouragement. I foresee placing them under the counter resulting in my tabacco transactions doubling in length as they repeatedly bring up one packet and have to down again to replace it with the correct brand....

I don't smoke, but I often find myself in a queue behind somebody who does and I've noticed that too. It'll be even worse if the idea of plain packets comes to anything.

motorway cops - watching the 93 year old maestro driver who'd driven the wrong way down the M40 in the snow say 'bollocks' when he'd been caught - it was the Fast Show all over again!

Lol, yeh I saw this! Great little moment that, when the cops got out, whilst on his own he uttered 'bollocks' :lol:

Apparently, the old fella had his licence revoked. I did a bit of checking on his car, RAC say its an Austin Maestro L.

The vehicle details for G274 EJW are:

Date of Liability 01 06 2011

Date of First Registration 01 08 1989

Year of Manufacture 1989

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1598CC

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour BLUE

So, its still taxed (hopefully) but for how long?

OMFG POSITIVITY.

1. Got Piazza interview back. Got 73. Highest mark in class.

2. Did some test filming for idiot lecturer. Rushes came out OK.

3. Upgraded to the latest version of VLC player and the footage I thought had been scrambled by the IX 20 hadn't been! It's useable! VLC 1.03 didn't like the camera's codec and was dropping frames all over the place.

Anyone want to recommend a decent piece of freeware editing software? I have a copy of a well known piece of editing software [***d], but it's so willfully illogical it's doing my tits in.

MERCI WORLD I LUV YOU LOADS

4ROM WAT

Got caught taking photos of a car today, for the first time, whoops.

But he was a friendly chap, and only 27 years old, which probably helped. Seems he is really into MKII Fiestas, the car I got caught snapping being one (modified, although all reversable), and we got into a lengthy chat about them, and even about old cars in the area. Weirdly, as we were talking, an old woman came over and mentioned that she had two laid up in her front garden. What on earth are the chances of that?!

Guest Leonard Hatred
WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER

I USED WMM AN ITZ WELL GAY

SOZ LENRD.

Since you're "creative" now, shouldn't you buy a Mac for £1k and use its video editing suite? I bet it's called something wanky like iLife.

That picture of the beige beast makes me grin. Thanks Brammy :D

Speaking of what makes you grin, its always nice to find picture of your car online taken by enthusiasts. it makes all the hard work worthwhile :)

i see you spotted my 1600 in the car park on a previous occasion (its now tucked up safe and dry in a garage)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38389354@N ... 721133548/

and someone else my EFi

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8165854@N08/5345562997/

(it now has maestro alloys back on it)

photoee.jpg

OMFG POSITIVITY.

1. Got Piazza interview back. Got 73. Highest mark in class.

2. Did some test filming for idiot lecturer. Rushes came out OK.

3. Upgraded to the latest version of VLC player and the footage I thought had been scrambled by the IX 20 hadn't been! It's useable! VLC 1.03 didn't like the camera's codec and was dropping frames all over the place.

Anyone want to recommend a decent piece of freeware editing software? I have a copy of a well known piece of editing software [***d], but it's so willfully illogical it's doing my tits in.

MERCI WORLD I LUV YOU LOADS

4ROM WAT

Have you tried Adobe Premiere? I didn't have a clue, and watched a 3 minute video tutorial on Youtube and I'm clued up on it now. You can do everything with it, it even does 1080 HD etc.

WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER

I USED WMM AN ITZ WELL GAY

SOZ LENRD.

Since you're "creative" now, shouldn't you buy a Mac for £1k and use its video editing suite? I bet it's called something wanky like iLife.

Yeah, I wouldn't spend £100 on an Apple product. I'd rather bank the majority of my loan for next year and spunk the bursary the University gave me on wheels and spares for the Amazon (and a 480).

If they insist on employing shit lecturers, I will spend their money stupidly on things I want.

I'll go and see Mahmoud who does my pay-as-you-go phones to see if he can get me a copy of Premiere on the slant. He gets me most of the stuff I need. I've since established with the head of year and technician that it matters not what you edit the damn film on, so long as you meet the requirements on the sheet (which she didn't write).

I hope she likes my song about Jesse Birdsall (Eldorado era) that I wrote yesterday. Sample line: 'ARRROOOOOOGGHGHHHHHHHHH, TR7 AND COINS, URRRRGHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOGGGHHJHHHHHHHHH'

Right, this is a very old grump.

At the end on 1988 or beginning of 1989 my parents recorded a film. Unfortunately it was shown on the same night as either the Lockerbie bombing or the Kegworth air crash. This resulted in there being a newsflash in the middle and I missed the end of the film as i had programmed the video to record the exact length of the film like a numpty.

I am trying to find out what film it was. I don't remember who was in it, but it was an American film from the 80's about a girl and a guy who sold people cars and then stole them back again in order to sell them on to another punter. Thats all I remember.

Not a lot to go on I know. I remember really enjoying the film and it has just popped in my head as I saw this on B3ta. I am pretty sure its not this but it might be.

I am sure the people in the one I watched were a bit more 'street' and less 'Suit Jackets and Quiffs'. Tried finding the TV listings for those dates but to no avail. Might buy some radio times from e-bay if needs must (although did the radio times do all 4 channels in those days or was it just BBC).

Can anyone on here help?

Might buy some radio times from e-bay if needs must (although did the radio times do all 4 channels in those days or was it just BBC).

Radio Times was just BBC then, you had to buy the TV Times for ITV/C4.

You should be able to find a newspaper from that day at your local library, that would have TV listings in it.

It's not Grand Theft Auto is it? I have that still in cellophane, you can have it for nothing if it turns out to be that.

I am trying to find out what film it was.

I know you said 80s but could it be the original Gone In 60 Seconds from 1974?

The lead characters did practice lots of dodgy car theft and insurance scams.

No, but that looks ace. Just ordered a copy of it from Play for £2.99. I think it might have to be the TV listings or i can forget about it for another 20 years.

I am trying to find out what film it was. I don't remember who was in it, but it was an American film from the 80's about a girl and a guy who sold people cars and then stole them back again in order to sell them on to another punter. Thats all I remember.

Can anyone on here help?

Where's Hirst when you need him? :lol: