What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I found out for the first time in my life today that my father owned in his youth a Lotus Cortina 😀 It solves the mystery of the MK1 taillight in our garden shed. My Dad could drive! And he taught me everything he knew. He once broke his arm in the sea and was driving a Rover 800 Vitesse manual. And to get from Devon to Birmingham I changed gear and he did the clutch. I really wish he was alive so I could tell him I bought a truck.

Screenshot_20210508-092301_eBay.thumb.jpg.356f26600933856dafbf78fff8904cfc.jpg

19 hours ago, Low Horatio gearbox said:

The fact I'm finally 7-14 days away from having my own place again with  garage I can get 2 motors in, plus a workshop space with electric and water in it and a hard standing in the garden for 2 maybe 3 more cars. And wont have to dick around to play with  fix cars in the street outside my parent house,  weather  allowing (or drive to Reading for the Jag) I'm going to celebrate with a shonky car purchase and quite likely  something V8 and American as well.  Supreme joy.

11 hours ago, cort1977 said:

Can recommend 

Can HELP! ;)

This made me grin  

Phil Collins has spent decades buying up original Alamo artifacts for his collection , in 2014 he donated all of them to the Alamo museum so everyone could enjoy them 

They've built a new wing to house them , much better than many things that get passed about amongst those  rich enough to afford them and shut away in drawers 

https://www.thealamo.org/visit/whats-at-the-alamo/phil-collins-collection 

349887157_Screenshot_20210510-115709_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f9ab2ff8dd266ab363c033fdbe3a154e.jpg

5 hours ago, Wack said:

This made me grin  

Phil Collins has spent decades buying up original Alamo artifacts for his collection , in 2014 he donated all of them to the Alamo museum so everyone could enjoy them 

They've built a new wing to house them , much better than many things that get passed about amongst those  rich enough to afford them and shut away in drawers 

https://www.thealamo.org/visit/whats-at-the-alamo/phil-collins-collection 

349887157_Screenshot_20210510-115709_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f9ab2ff8dd266ab363c033fdbe3a154e.jpg

When I went to the Alamo I was shocked to see it in the Down Town area. That was in back in the 1980s before I could research on the internet.

A shop front window near the entrance to the fort had a Mini in it. That was covered in copper coins. I cannot remember if they were cents or half cents.

On 5/8/2021 at 8:51 PM, Floatylight said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/business/popular-stoke-trent-taxi-firm-5378169

Hope they've done their due diligence,  good chance they've paid millions for a fleet of very leggy Avensis and Almeras..

David Hunter, CEO at Take Me Group, said:

This presents a huge opportunity for continued growth for the transportation vertical within the MBH portfolio which we’re proud to be a part of.

Cunt.

3 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

WTAF is "transportation vertical"? Did the eejit just imagineer that?

Going forwards he's looking to team seamlessly across nodalities, synergistically leveraging flexible platforms to deliver joy.

Taxis are going to take people from where they are to where they want to go, hopefully the seats won't be sticky.

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

David Hunter, CEO at Take Me Group, said:

Cunt.

Our local council had the brilliant* idea of buying the freehold of an out-of-town retail park. Recently. Then no Maplin, and Office Outlet failed. Great* decision. Then, covid.

16 hours ago, wuvvum said:

7520ca1abc9055a2e9981b16ab51b772.jpg

Our council bought Bootle New Strand. 

Fuckwittery beyond stupidity. 

https://tonyrobertson.mycouncillor.org.uk/tag/bootle-new-strand/

https://www.sefton.gov.uk/miscellaneous-pages/bootle-strand-investment-improvement/

To put that into context and no offence to anyone that lives in Bootle.  It's a shit hole, in a shit hole. The demographic of the likely customers of its facilities are not erm great. Given much better shopping just 10 minutes away in Liverpool, and the benefit class demographic of the locals, I feel my council tax has been wasted somewhat. 

If you are not from the area: 

On 12th Feb 1993 it became famous for all the wrong reasons. 

(Also my 26th birthday) 

My former employers had an office in the Triad building in Bootle. I had to attend a meeting there and found it to be a horribly depressing  place. I was told many staff suffered from "Sick Building Syndrome" and the building itself had concrete cancer.

They are moving to the India Building in Liverpool, but that seems to be blighted with asbestos. Out of the frying pan...