What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Rich Rebuilds gets hold of a Danish produced electric 3 wheeler, on a UK "Q" plate, and puts a bigger electric motor in it, powered by drill batteries.

Standard 2 hp and about 25 mph. Now 10 hp and 65mph (so far), with more to go, and an 80 mile range

Makes an Invacar look stable. 

I must admit his idea of driving to the nearest Home Depot store,removing the Milwaukee batteries to claim replacements then driving on was "inspired"

11 hours ago, Chas4545 said:

I am so happy! After years of carrying an injustice  having been judged guilty until proved innocent by my then employer the P.O.  ,

The then boss has today  resigned from her current board positions and her church role ( and isnt that church role predictable).

Perhaps she would like to serve a month for every year that P.O. employers wrongly served.

Too much?

I've been following this in the Private Eye for some time. Funny how it's only relatively recently got into the Mainstream Press. I'm glad for you and your family; friends and colleagues. I understand there are many; many more case yet; Tip of the iceberg... 

Today, at around 4am my brain decided to remind me it isn't a sieve and can remember things.

Specifically, and I've no idea why, the jingle from an advert I haven't seen in about 25 years.

The Gino Ginelli ice cream advert.

So obviously I spent the last 2 hours of the shift singing it.

Absolutely brilliant.

13 hours ago, Chas4545 said:

I am so happy! After years of carrying an injustice  having been judged guilty until proved innocent by my then employer the P.O.  ,

The then boss has today  resigned from her current board positions and her church role ( and isnt that church role predictable).

Perhaps she would like to serve a month for every year that P.O. employers wrongly served.

Too much?

No. Not too much. 

Those people who knowingly lied under oath, should definately serve the longest prison sentence that the innocent were given. 

2 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

That would be much of Fujitsu, then.

Vennalls should be banned as a director, IDK whether there's evidence she committed perjury(if not perjury she was certainly incompetent and negligent in post) but plenty of other witnesses did in the various trials that have resulted from this travesty. 

16 hours ago, meggersdog said:

IMG_0092.JPG

todays MoTs

A Texas edition as well.  The biggest F150 dealership in the world is in Houston you know...

But why put the Panther badge on?  If it was on a Crown Vic it might be acceptable as a little nod to the experts but I don't get it on this.  Maybe their other car is the much more Autoshite Panther Kallista?

image.jpeg.f1288c69dd148dc3d238e68fd1b1b0be.jpeg

9 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Vennalls should be banned as a director, IDK whether there's evidence she committed perjury(if not perjury she was certainly incompetent and negligent in post) but plenty of other witnesses did in the various trials that have resulted from this travesty. 

Yes, many of them were Fujitsu officials - the judge in the earlier civil action (£58 million settlement awarded to some of the former postmasters - the vast majority of which will be spent on legal fees) did say in passing that he was going to refer the perjury issue to the DPP; I suspect this is going to take ages.

Article here

2 hours ago, cort1977 said:

A Texas edition as well.  The biggest F150 dealership in the world is in Houston you know...

But why put the Panther badge on?  If it was on a Crown Vic it might be acceptable as a little nod to the experts but I don't get it on this.  Maybe their other car is the much more Autoshite Panther Kallista?

image.jpeg.f1288c69dd148dc3d238e68fd1b1b0be.jpeg

The Panther Kalister came in after the GMC

5 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Yes, many of them were Fujitsu officials - the judge in the earlier civil action (£58 million settlement awarded to some of the former postmasters - the vast majority of which will be spent on legal fees) did say in passing that he was going to refer the perjury issue to the DPP; I suspect this is going to take ages.

Article here

You've got to wonder if the 2 people named are just scape goats.....

If they knowingly said something was fact, that they actually couldn't be sure was fact, then that's bloody stupid and immoral when someone's going down based on you bending truth into lies. 

But worse if you knowingly lie, for whatever reason, then you deserve a witch hunt.

All hail to the now retired Gareth Jenkins and Anne Chambers,

21 hours ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

I've been following this in the Private Eye for some time. Funny how it's only relatively recently got into the Mainstream Press. I'm glad for you and your family; friends and colleagues. I understand there are many; many more case yet; Tip of the iceberg... 

Full private eye report available for download.

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/special-reports/justice-lost-in-the-post

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictures/special_reports/justice-lost-in-the-post.pdf

Resale Red.

IMAG5799.thumb.jpg.c89fe28aaa128ac55c5cda0ab85f6213.jpg

The camera lies because the paint on this car is totally buggered, much like the rear driver's arch that's starting to fall off.  I'd like to find a proper repair panel (I've got one for the passenger side), if I can't find one I'll use a front passenger wing since the profiles seem to be identical.

On 26/04/2021 at 13:13, artdjones said:

They were hard on the Volkses in Rathdrum. One three years old and one six years old, both having had replacement engines.

Oddly enough, just been chatting to my brother about a similar matter. His HC Viva needed a "short motor" at 40,000 miles and three years old, whilst our father's Mk. IV Zodiac had one at seven years old and 60,000 miles.

Sounds like my E60 is back in the land of the living, having had the Mechatronic unit and the valve body unit in the autobox rebuilt - and it sounds like the 'box is going to tolerate mostly new oil after all.

Now comes the bill... but what a joy, the thought of being back in an old barge.

My old barge.

3 minutes ago, R1152 said:

Oddly enough, just been chatting to my brother about a similar matter. His HC Viva needed a "short motor" at 40,000 miles and three years old, whilst our father's Mk. IV Zodiac had one at seven years old and 60,000 miles.

Yes 13000 miles a year was a lot then. 

Just now, R1152 said:

Sounds like my E60 is back in the land of the living, having had the Mechatronic unit and the valve body unit in the autobox rebuilt - and it sounds like the 'box is going to tolerate mostly new oil after all.

Now comes the bill... but what a joy, the thought of being back in an old barge.

My old barge.

My idea of an old barge would be an E28 528i. I still think of the E60 as very modern. Time passed quickly.

3 minutes ago, artdjones said:

My idea of an old barge would be an E28 528i. I still think of the E60 as very modern. Time passed quickly.

So do I - I think of it still as a "new" car, even though I've had it twelve years and it's a very early one: build date was 11/03.

Compared to the tech overload of a modern car though (especially in the interior) it's bliss. I can't wait to get back to a car with real dials, not a sodding LCD/OLED panel!

My perfect 'barge' would be an E32 750i in Calypso Red.

17 minutes ago, R1152 said:

It was, but even back then I think car services were calculated on 12,000 miles a year?

The Zodiac had the standard issue with Essex V-engines; the "pencil" wore out and the oil didn't get pumped about like it should.

Usually 6000 although some were 5000. The more highly tuned stuff like the Dolomite Sprint was 3000.

When the B2 1.6D Passat came out in Ireland in 1981 the usual 5k oil change interval was cut to 2.5k because of the high levels of sulphur in Irish refined Diesel.

2 hours ago, R1152 said:

It wasn't uncommon, basically head gasket down. Even Unipart offered them for a while. 

4 hours ago, vulgalour said:

Resale Red.

IMAG5799.thumb.jpg.c89fe28aaa128ac55c5cda0ab85f6213.jpg

The camera lies because the paint on this car is totally buggered, much like the rear driver's arch that's starting to fall off.  I'd like to find a proper repair panel (I've got one for the passenger side), if I can't find one I'll use a front passenger wing since the profiles seem to be identical.

Are the headlamps different? The right one seems to be wearing a monocle. 

Best Monocle Buying Guide: #1 Prescription & Costume Monocles

On 4/27/2021 at 8:42 PM, R1152 said:

It was, but even back then I think car services were calculated on 12,000 miles a year?

The Zodiac had the standard issue with Essex V-engines; the "pencil" wore out and the oil didn't get pumped about like it should.

Good job that vag learned from other manufacturers misfortune when they designed the “ high end “ versions of the 2.0 Tdi PD with the self destructing oil pump drives