What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Film of the Ford assembly plant in Wiri, South Auckland. This shows the reason why car assembly was deemed to be too slow and much too expensive for a small market.

Xa Ford Falcon Assembly New Zealand 1972 73 - YouTube

Also a pic if the assembly line at BLMC in Nelson. This plant did the Triumph, Rover and Jaguar cars and assumedly  other BL cars and commercials. The jigs as in this pic were pushed from one station to the next. I always maintained that my SD1 was hand built and this proves it.

802062862_atriumph.thumb.png.af6366de29ffe894dcc86899fb138430.png

Triumphs outside the factory

2093000710_atriumph1.thumb.png.d9df2b1a59496b232f8d6b6d807175d9.png

I know that building site... I wonder if they've demolished the old Lloyds and restaurant yet? They're definitely taking their time with things.
New council building looks in use but the two big blocks of flats (luxury apartments) are near empty but I did a delivery to someone that just moved in. Think the picture was on the old restaurant (still there) part of the building site.

Edited for spelling.

We've been considering a dog for years, being the childless weirdos we are. Since the mad little bugger came in to my life I think a Cockerpoo is what we should get (upside is they fit in small Japanese coupes)

I'd definitely be calling it a human name though. I reckon something like Geoffrey.

Off topic, and a brief glance inside my mind. Someone just went past my house and he walked like Mr Soft..

I don't think Chris Packham is in any danger of losing his job

Just took my daughter back to uni , driving in there was a bird sat on the path next to a busy road , coming back it was still there so I pulled over to see if it was injured

A fledgling blackbird , It let me get right up to it then just as I was about to pick it up it flew off , right into a car , fuck me

Luckily it was a low speed blow so I think it was ok

Probably thinking , what a twat, I was fine as I was

49 minutes ago, Wack said:

I don't think Chris Packham is in any danger of losing his job

Just took my daughter back to uni , driving in there was a bird sat on the path next to a busy road , coming back it was still there so I pulled over to see if it was injured

A fledgling blackbird , It let me get right up to it then just as I was about to pick it up it flew off , right into a car , fuck me

Luckily it was a low speed blow so I think it was ok

Probably thinking , what a twat, I was fine as I was

Birds are fucking twats. They look up and see you approaching in your car, what do they do? WALK out of the road. Walk. 

On 04/04/2021 at 17:31, louiepj said:

This picture on the side of a building site in Southborough near Tunbridge Wells.

20210402_113050.jpg

Where's that in relation to the old hall/theatre that was in Southborough? Anywhere near where Howes' TV shop was?

Just now, louiepj said:
18 hours ago, R1152 said:
Where's that in relation to the old hall/theatre that was in Southborough? Anywhere near where Howes' TV shop was?

The old hall/theatre was just up the road on the opposite side to where Howes tv shop was.

Yes, I remember now. Used to go there to a vintage radio collectors meeting organised by John Howes, you see.