What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

In the grumpy thread I moaned about how hard it was getting shot of my late parents' three piece suite from their house for free.

A pair of gents came and collected it earlier this afternoon. I suspect they were memeber of the travelling community. I was expecting them to turn up in a transit or something similar but nope. They had an 05 reg Volvo V40! :D They got the 2 seater on the roof rack, two armchairs stacked on top of that upside down with those seatbelt style straps and the poufee and cushions inside the car.  :lol:

So bloody glad they have gone now. It just leaves the other stuff that is easily carry-able to remove from the house before completion. :)

16 minutes ago, ProgRocker said:

In the grumpy thread I moaned about how hard it was getting shot of my late parents' three piece suite from their house for free.

A pair of gents came and collected it earlier this afternoon. I suspect they were memeber of the travelling community. I was expecting them to turn up in a transit or something similar but nope. They had an 05 reg Volvo V40! :D They got a 2 seater on the roof rack, two armshiars stacked on top of that upside down with those seatbelt style straps and the poufee and cushions inside the car.  :lol:

So bloody glad they have gone now. It just leaves the other stuff that is easily carry-able to remove from the house before completion. :)

I really want a new sofa but the hassle of obtaining a new one and disposing of the old is holding me back. 

I've got a mate who said he'd help me and he has a caddy van but then it's entering someone's house during a pandemic to fetch a sofa out... Nah I'll hold off! 

On 25/02/2021 at 14:08, eddyramrod said:

I don't know how it's happened, but the sky isn't grey today, it's turned almost Olympic Blue and the overall light is quite bright, for a change.  Is summer coming, or something?

you haven't sat on the remote and activated the "vivid" setting by accident?

8 hours ago, beko1987 said:

I really want a new sofa but the hassle of obtaining a new one and disposing of the old is holding me back. 

I've got a mate who said he'd help me and he has a caddy van but then it's entering someone's house during a pandemic to fetch a sofa out... Nah I'll hold off! 

If you don't mind a trip for one I seem to be trying to get rid of sofas almost weekly.  Just put a beige 2 seat sofabed into a lady's storage unit that she probably won't want when she completes on her new house in a month or so.

Need the Subaru this week to start running various building supplies/waste around.

Been parked up since xmas as the Vignette (road tax) ran out,and the ML has been fine for the local running around

So checked the Legacy over before it started 1st turn of the key

Sorted the Vignette out online through the bank, decided a week would be plenty so stumped up 14lev (£6ish)

Orher options were a weekend ticket at 10lev,but would need to wait 

I had to drive to a place yesterday, the economy display made me grin. I wasn't even grannying it. Distance was a smidge over 100 miles by the time I got home.

1.6 VAG CR TDi for anyone who cares.

IMG_20210328_112711.jpg

Picked up my new  toy today so now I have a V8 in my daily driver as well as my classic, hopefully the LPG will take a small amount of pain from the  running costs. 

It drives beautifully and almost everything works although a couple of small jobs will need doing when I get time.

2449804E-AFB0-45FA-A5A7-FBBA7419BD5E.thumb.jpeg.5e9090bd59fd89d07e01f3edb9981675.jpegx