What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

No welding ever..... it’s damp inside  but all the usual places are solid, one of the receipts in the history is for ‘rust proofing’ 10 years ago which appears to be waxoyl as the boot seams and door inners show evidence of.

interesting spec as steel wheels, kip fit windows and no power steering....

11 minutes ago, loserone said:

Presumably it's a later UK 90bhp one like @New POD's.

It's a 1.8 so got the full 135 horsies. Not a bad mot history, especially considering it's a uk car, not an import. Set the two bucket wrong 'uns about that paint and it'll be good as new before you know it :) 

19 hours ago, SRi05 said:

There's a 2007 Corsa D round the corner from me with paint like this, desperately want to polish it every time I see it 😂

Put a bit of Autoglym on the end of your finger and cut a cock and balls into the paint, then they may have to polish it!

I've had a discussion on tiktok with a tesla evangelist

As usual all they ever harp on about is the charging , never the purchase cost or maintenance

This was him trying to wind me up over maintaining an ICE car and the cost of mercedes parts

I drive a 2007 E280 , nothing wrong with it , everything works 45mpg

Everything works, until it doesn't

and if it stops working I've got £28,000 to fix it before I get to the cheapest tesla

Lol, won't take long to eat that up with maintenance and gas

thankfully I own a car not built by Elon so I can buy parts anywhere

Yeah, **** Elon. Making a car that hasn't needed service in 90K miles

What, no tyres, brakes bearings,bushes or safety checks in 90k miles , really

:Tires, yes. Brakes are still at 65%

but no safety checks in how long , a service isn't just about changing the oil

You're going to hate this: There doesn't need to be any. All diagnostics can be run remotely.

I've just googled tesla service and the schedule in the UK is 12 months 12,500 miles https://teslaowners.org.uk/kb/tesla-service-schedule

Yes, recommended service. As someone who worked in Service operations for Tesla, that was only added as a revenue arm

In the UK I service and check my car is safe and roadworthy, it has a mandatory MOT test every 12 months

:Less so concerned getting this checked by Tesla than I am about having any licensed mechanic do this.

And there we have it , Americans buy Tesla because the only maintenance they carry out is a regular oil change , electric cars don't need that so you can just drive them ,forever it seems

An example of American maintenance 

Screenshot_20210312-230851_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8f2020874ee467d7d3055b30b5876cdd.jpg

I believe him , 90,000 miles with probably 3 sets of tyres and nothing else because computer says yes , I just pity the poor sod he slides into if a bearing collapses or a Bush gives up and he loses control because you can't tell me that 0-60 ever gets tiring 

2 hours ago, Stanky said:

y'know in mega storms at sea, big tankers and container boats get pushed backwards, despite having engines 'full forward'?

Yeah, I reckon this'd be the same driving into a headwind

You're not wrong.  That's a pre-facelift van so will have the old 2.2D engine with 66bhp (some of which have probably escaped in the intervening 40 or so years).  I reckon my Iveco would demolish it in a drag race.

What exciting things are you extruding... 
Well I'm currently running what is called a labmix, for a Pehd green job.
Then I'm going on the Coperion which is running a PP unfilled grey. I'm the "super user" for that machine on my shift.

Exciting times

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, clayts450 said:

Vans for Sale UK Facebook group - the members on there are brutal...

crapet1.png.733e4fed4914aafe175bb31a1540ab92.png

crapet2.thumb.png.9e60fcf0a87a8502c13cf86c4384e8f0.png

crapet3.png.70e4d1102b816cf82483b9b122b115f3.png

Given the seller's name, do you think you should report the magic carpet reference as it seems a little rascist.  

I would if I were you. Just for a laugh. 

6 minutes ago, New POD said:

....I've never seen an mx5 with steel wheels before..

They did exist - when the Mk.1 was split into 1.6 and 1.8 versions, the 1.6 was detuned to 90hp and was given steel wheels - it was meant to be an entry-level model, and there were quite a few running around my area. Insurance was a bit cheaper. If anything, the steel wheels made the car more in keeping with the whole 1960s basic sportscar feel.

4 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

They did exist - when the Mk.1 was split into 1.6 and 1.8 versions, the 1.6 was detuned to 90hp and was given steel wheels - it was meant to be an entry-level model, and there were quite a few running around my area. Insurance was a bit cheaper. If anything, the steel wheels made the car more in keeping with the whole 1960s basic sportscar feel.

I don't doubt that. I've just never seen them.  Must be rare.