What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

27 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

I don't know how it's happened, but the sky isn't grey today, it's turned almost Olympic Blue and the overall light is quite bright, for a change.  Is summer coming, or something?

It's not real, you have been put in suspended animation.

Fuck me where did it all go wrong :D

12 months ago I had a Mustang , then covid hit , it barely moved for 5 months so I sold it 

Now look at me , sat waiting for my wife reading 20210225_173549.thumb.jpg.9e47b4a5b24e587faa8bc42833b25023.jpg

I'd say pass the slippers but I couldn't be arsed to put my shoes on so I'm fucking wearing them 

9 minutes ago, Wack said:

Fuck me where did it all go wrong :D

12 months ago I had a Mustang , then covid hit , it barely moved for 5 months so I sold it 

Now look at me , sat waiting for my wife reading 20210225_173549.thumb.jpg.9e47b4a5b24e587faa8bc42833b25023.jpg

I'd say pass the slippers but I couldn't be arsed to put my shoes on so I'm fucking wearing them 

This fine nugget came in my comment box yesterday.
image.thumb.png.71adf24f6ab3a12273f070aeaf55cf86.png

Reminds me of
58784a83fa979f720597e19d8eb2be6926600f43.png
Small bit of backstory, this guy is Canadian, didn't make any friends at all, and was banned from the online group he's talking about around 4 years ago. Ever since he's been hounding me about it and I've kept forgetting to remove his comments... That is until today as I couldn'e be arsed to take another 3 years' worth of abuse.

Dinner table discussion yesterday, and the kids were chipping in their two-penn'orth on their idea of what "prestige" is, given the cars we have on the driveway.

Child 1 said he thought that the Jeep would attract more looks and adoration than the Pontiac, and the Challenger was a second place option. Child 1 associates new=better.

Child 2 said she thought he was stupid and that the rarity value of the Pontiac outweighed the others.

Funny, I've never had anybody repeatedly comment on the Jeep that is a nice car, nobody waves or honks their horn hello to it when I'm driving, so yeah, there is a certain merit to the argument of rarity.

Even though I did get sneered at by someone driving a Nissan Leaf the other day. Now I understand their car is zero driving emissions and mine turns a large amount of fuel into a relatively small driving force, but at the end of the day, whose car is more recyclable?

Ah yes. That won't be the Leaf, then. Apart from possibly the brake linings, seat foam and covers, and the gearbox friction bands, the entire thing is made from steel, iron, brass or glass, and a few select thermoplastics. So, probably about 3% of my car would not be recycled directly if it were scrapped. I call that green. There's no complicated chemistry battery pack, for starters...

Phil

Going for a spin (and not looking to closely  at the dirty paint.. I have my excuses)  a plant hour burbling around in the sunshine.

Also shockingly being grown up and doing due diligence on a car and seller who within his niche is  known as  an " Arthur Daley" type and   gets violent when confronted with issues with the cars. So yikes.. well avoided.

20210227_152547.jpg

weird thinking a year ago, i was 20 years old, severley depressed, lonely and was thinking seriously about ending it all

today i have 2 of the most wonderful friends possible, an amazing partner (few naughty visits though!), a job i enjoy and just all together feeling good with life

just shocked at how rapidly life can change for the better

as weird as this is to say, if covid wouldn't have kicked off i would have ended it all or been in a complete state probably addicted to drugs

covid saved my life........as much of a terrible virus it is, lockdown allowed me to make the changes needed

Been struggling with Mothers day for a while. My brilliant idea of buying a shit load of daffodil bulbs and splitting them with my mum, the kids for the ex and me for my garden fell down by them being out of stock everywhere! I'd either fill a basket and they were for autumn delivery, or the checkout just didn't work or they had no stock

Just called dear mummy for other reasons and they were at a garden centre! Ace, bunged her a tenner and told her to buy herself something. One job ticked off...