What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

Seeing this take pride of place in Rybrook Volvo also cheered me up a great deal.

It came in on Scrappage in exchange for an S60. It had one owner and 15,300 miles on the clock. The garage persuaded the owner to buy his new car on a different finance deal, saved the 244 and wheel it out occasionally for shows.

Look at it! I was really impressed. It was open like a new car and had the brochure and handbook on display too.

Epic save by that garage! Top blokes! Disgusting colour, mind; whoever mixed that, his grandparents should have been drowned at birth...

That's part of the reason [for me] why it's so brilliant. You have all these bollocks faux VAG toned VolvoFords, and then smack bang in the middle of the showroom, in stark contrast, you have a colostomy beige brick on wheels looking like a child with the shits got the time machine out. The parts girl at the back was notably fit also.

That old Volvo is just magnificent. And it's only been driven about 500 miles per year!

What made me grin, or rather :shock:, was watching those Aussie farmers on BBC1's 'Human Planet' round up cattle with Robinson R22 helicopters. Some scarily low flying, and especially risky when someone else is doing the same thing barely a rotor's length away.

Sold my car two weeks ago. Hadn't logged into my emails since then. Logged in today to find a list of people 'interested' in the car. I've put in the ad that if you're do not want to buy the car or you don't want to come and see it, don't contact me, I don't care if 'you're interested'. It seems to have worked a bit, but still getting the same old 'What's it down on the logbook as' from 17 year olds. Also people who wanted to do a deal one month ago, and have now remembered to reply to my confirmation of said deal. I've replied to them all with 'It's 1 million cc on the logbook', or just flipping them off saying I don't want you to buy my car - if you can't be arsed replying to me, you're an unreliable bellend who can't be trusted to sell lighters in the town centre.

It made me feel better giving time wasters grief and not treading on eggshells after that lengthy period of selling, but not with what I replaced it with. I wish I had it back. :(

If it's the wesbite I'm thinking of David then it's about 95% full of just the kind of idiot you've described. What really pisses me off are the ones who make an offer of cash or a trade then never get back to you.

Any news on the Metro and the VIN/MOT saga?

Popup lights. They really are just best.

"neeee...thunk"

I heart my popups. 8)

Mine have stopped working.

Stupid shitty wop pezzo shistos pile of Dutch shit bollocks wank fuck. Cumburp.

Trig man, I can't believe you dindt wear the christmas jumper for your photoshoot. What a wasted opportunity to get that bad boy out to the nation.

+1

I think there should be an AS contest to get the worst xmas jumpers possible into any car mags we manage to wangle our shite into.

I had a moustache briefly, due to growing a beard in the downward spiral of my previous job and taking the opportunity to see what it looked like when I finally decided to have a shave. Unfortunately, due to a prominent "philtrum" my moustache was divided in two leading it looking exactly like 1970s-era Charles Bronson. Society isn't ready yet.