What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

10 hours ago, Minimad5 said:

20210215_201522.thumb.jpg.c904f89af78e93796f7a88a36199c133.jpg

Managed to get this working.

After fitting a complete 'service kit' (capacitors, trim pots etc) , and double checking everything, turns out the plug for my speaker was the culprit.

Note to self - Test stuff before firing out the parts cannon 😅

I did that with a heat mat (for vivariums).  It had a potentiometer in the lead that I took to be faulty so cut it out and soldered the leads.  Still didn't work.  It was the 3-pin to 2-pin adaptor (new, with the mat) that was faulty.  :(

My daughter has got an app that records her when she sleep talks, she sends me daily samples which are really tickling me:

"Take your hair off your head and put it up your nose"

" I'm not asleep" 

last nights was a massive roaring lion type noise followed by giggling, any sleep talkers amongst you lot ? 

I have encountered today what I'm going to refer to as the Top Cat Car.  It's a dark green Vauxhall Agila, Suzuki Wagon R, or something of that sort.  It has massive Top Cat stickers on it, an enormous chrome air horn bolted to the bonnet and is driven by a fellah in a tweed trilby.  Spent a fair bit of time trying to climb through the tailgate of the Maestro too so heck knows what's going on there.  I imagine they're a bit of a local character.  The other thing that made me grin literally was seeing the pristine B R O W N Triumph 1500 (I think, twin headlights, chrome headlight surrounds) who gave me a little wave when they drove past so I gave them a beep of the Maestro's pathetic little horn.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:22 AM, Wilko220 said:

But.. but.. but.. I thought driving a new Audi was supposed to make me invincible...

Pause it on 10 seconds, zoom into the back ground and keep it as a screen saver.