What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 hours ago, Wack said:

Married and struggling during lockdown

I recommend 

114924400_Screenshot_20210214-173456_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.3525a37aad799c590468551bfb350b04.jpg

Not only do they sound fantastic the noise cancelling is epic 

She's sat 4ft away and the only indication she's speaking is her lips are moving 

Fantastic 

I'll have 2, her sis keeps coming round!

6 minutes ago, Wack said:

African reporter struggles with UK Town names, Sheffield proves especially difficult 

Many years ago I had a Luxembourgish girlfriend, she said that even her teachers at school had no idea how to pronounce 'Leicester' or 'Gloucester'

23 hours ago, Wack said:

Married and struggling during lockdown

I recommend 

114924400_Screenshot_20210214-173456_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.3525a37aad799c590468551bfb350b04.jpg

Not only do they sound fantastic the noise cancelling is epic 

She's sat 4ft away and the only indication she's speaking is her lips are moving 

Fantastic 

I bought a pair of these a few months ago, they are tremendous. Can go out a walk with traffic whizzing past and hear nothing but the sweet moozak. 

15 hours ago, gm said:

This was just posted over on the bini fb group - not sure if europarts or amazon are to blame !

IMG_1157.thumb.JPG.592df562dcde003407db9ec5bc0b4a7d.JPG

I've told this story before somewhere, but about 15 years ago I worked at Halfords. One wet sunday afternoon at about 4pm, a bloke came in after a head gasket for a Nova. By this point, Halfords had long since stopped actively stocking anything like this but I was sure I'd seen one in a stack of old dead stuff in a dusty box in the back. The bloke was covered in oil and clearly mid-job, I think he'd got the wrong gasket or something. He was really desperate as he needed the gasket to put the car back together to drive to work in the morning.

So I climbed up the racking in the back and sifted through the big box of old stock and sure enough, a gasket for a for a 1400 cavalier masking taped to a floppy bit of cardboard! It was still on the stockfile, but since it'd been sat around for so many years, it had eventually automatically been reduced to 50p which was the default end price for anything obsolete. The bloke was absolutely made up! I couldn't take cash on the parts desk so I sent him off with it to the tills to pay for it, where the old dear took his 50p, and then neatly folded the gasket in half to put it into a carrier bag.

22 minutes ago, cobblers said:

I've told this story before somewhere, but about 15 years ago I worked at Halfords. One wet sunday afternoon at about 4pm, a bloke came in after a head gasket for a Nova. By this point, Halfords had long since stopped actively stocking anything like this but I was sure I'd seen one in a stack of old dead stuff in a dusty box in the back. The bloke was covered in oil and clearly mid-job, I think he'd got the wrong gasket or something. He was really desperate as he needed the gasket to put the car back together to drive to work in the morning.

So I climbed up the racking in the back and sifted through the big box of old stock and sure enough, a gasket for a for a 1400 cavalier masking taped to a floppy bit of cardboard! It was still on the stockfile, but since it'd been sat around for so many years, it had eventually automatically been reduced to 50p which was the default end price for anything obsolete. The bloke was absolutely made up! I couldn't take cash on the parts desk so I sent him off with it to the tills to pay for it, where the old dear took his 50p, and then neatly folded the gasket in half to put it into a carrier bag.

I recall another shitter working a halfords type place also had a similar story where someone sent their wife for a head-gasket and she duly took the gasket folded it up stuck it in her hand bag and went home only to sheepishly return later for another one :)

ah here we go from the motor factor moments thread :) by the sorely missed Dave of many numbers

On 22/07/2018 at 21:34, dave21478 said:

Woman came in with a note from hubby with the car details for a head gasket (that dates these stories - remember when Halfords actually stocked stuff like that?) she paid for it, folded it in half and slipped it into her handbag. 

She was back the next day for another one.