What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just looking through some pictures I took on my phone

I was at Preston Station when the Manchester train came in , it was Christmas a couple of years ago , it was full when it pulled up

Screenshot_20210205-220539_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3442e5e54f821acbd83a9416b8c208b5.jpg

but the dozens waiting on the platform crammed themselves in 

Screenshot_20210205-220556_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5e2407e3447e92c25cf29278a4297400.jpg

It wasn't until later on I noticed I'd made a friend :D

Screenshot_20210205-220623_Gallery.thumb.jpg.709cd8787f7006fbadfbd2cf5dcc4aa9.jpg

1 hour ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Chap on the right and woman on left  look peeved though. Did you shout 'SAY CHEESE!'?

No just took it while I was laughing 

Something similar happened on the IOM tt week 

Waiting for the bus back to Douglas 10 miles or so 

A bus arrived 2/3 full with 30 people waiting , they rammed themselves in like sardines , I thought I'm not getting on that I'd sooner wait 

It pulled away then not 30 seconds later another pulled in , empty , the last 15 got on , all found a seat and we followed the full bus all the way back  full of unhappy passengers once they spotted it 

The Readly app enables me to read magazines I wouldn't ever spend actual money on, or even risk being seen reading in WH Smith, such as the 'How It Works Book of Amazing Vehicles'.

The grin is the illustration below from an article on monster trucks. The diagram is explaining how a monster truck performs a 10m high jump off of a ramp and lands on some cars.

The two cars pictured are two models widely known for being very popular with Cletus Spuckler, country & western singers, and NASCAR drivers - if you haven't already guessed, obviously the facelifted Mk1 Renault Megane and an early Citroen ZX. 

20210206_043550.thumb.jpg.668342d32fff504e8f34d768baa9f4ea.jpg

that Jackie weaver vid led to one of my mates getting a ribbing last night as he is a local councillor  ..

along the line that councillors  are all mouths on legs and no brains ,

and then he was asked who sets up the zoom meetings

I do he says . (  he also sets up ours !!  )

thats because no one else has the brains to we all replied !!!

no one was kicked out of our zoom meeting because of this

2 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Shirley that's a Fraud Escrote Mk3 facelift or Mk4 or whatever they called it; who cares, they were dismal things and good riddance.

No, look at the door handles. 

57 minutes ago, MikeR said:

that Jackie weaver vid led to one of my mates getting a ribbing last night as he is a local councillor  ..

along the line that councillors  are all mouths on legs and no brains ,

and then he was asked who sets up the zoom meetings

I do he says . (  he also sets up ours !!  )

thats because no one else has the brains to we all replied !!!

no one was kicked out of our zoom meeting because of this

image.thumb.png.878d622ac717fc4c4a6ca891fbc9ffea.png

6 minutes ago, Wack said:

Imagine paying hundreds of thousands of pounds for this , fuck me that's bad , I'd be wanting demolition and a free rent while they put it right 

The quality workmanship of youser hughes from boys from the blackstuff

From.3 minute 5 seconds 

8 hours ago, New POD said:

No, look at the door handles. 

artworks-000060534986-t8q6ym-original.jpg?435a760

What door handles? The only door handles visible are on the renner. I'm arguing about a cartoon car on the internetz; as you were.

I see Stevie Wonder is moonlighting as a brickie.

6 hours ago, Wack said:

Imagine paying hundreds of thousands of pounds for this , fuck me that's bad , I'd be wanting demolition and a free rent while they put it right 

It's the rustic look  it's meant to give the impression that they have used handmade bricks.

Who am I kidding, it's just shit brickwork, my last house, built by Beazer Homes, used to annoy me as you could see that they had not mixed the different packs of bricks, so you had slightly varying bands as they had worked up the wall. I think Beazer were taken over by Persimmon, they should have stuck to printing Comics

5 hours ago, robinmasters said:

Obviously crims getting away with theft isn't a grin, but if you can escape the police in a standard moggy you deserve some recognition. 

As it was presumably someone’s classic, stolen and wrecked for a joy ride, I’d say what they deserve is their heads kicked in 

20210125_124145.thumb.jpg.e51bb2411c5e94635569c25cfa0e32cd.jpg

Meanwhile at a well known ''Fast Fit'' near Bexhill another couple of torque wrenches have been left on wheel nuts then reversed out the fitting bay...

20210131_134208.thumb.jpg.5246febb69b3e37f3107cef5f733427e.jpg

I had only popped a new ratchet kit in this one six months back.

20210206_170110.thumb.jpg.86ecce9a987210f47f59341a44281778.jpg

It would be a shame to toss it away so i cut the rough end off and welded it shut.

Perfect now for further abuse with a lengh of tubing slid over the handle or maybe twatting with a hammer.

9 hours ago, Wilko220 said:

As it was presumably someone’s classic, stolen and wrecked for a joy ride, I’d say what they deserve is their heads kicked in 

No.  They deserve a short spell in a prison cell,  followed by 10 years of community service.  

Violence is too good for them.  

16 hours ago, robinmasters said:

I can imagine 2 old giffers in that Moggy Minor just out for a laugh and having a great time.  Like Jack and Victor from Still Game.

Why do traffic cops have to give directions 3 times - 'LEFT LEFT LEFT', then 'RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT'.  It sounds like some form of Tourettes.  Makes you wonder what everyday conversation at home must be like - 'Ok luv, I'm just going round to the SHOP SHOP SHOP for some MILK MILK MILK'.  Bedroom conversation must be a bit strange too, full and clear directions and descriptions (X3) as events occur, best not think about it.

17 hours ago, robinmasters said:

Obviously crims getting away with theft isn't a grin, but if you can escape the police in a standard moggy you deserve some recognition. 

cant find it in the comment sections of that video, but I know in maybe one of the other videos of it (or maybe later on in that episode after the guy stopped filming his telly)

but I  know its mentioned that the Moggie was found abandoned undamaged or such later on, so I do believe it does have a happy ending :) 

so dont worry you get to enjoy watch someone run away from the police in a Morris minor without the guilt of knowing someones lost their pride and joy

and yes I do find it highly amusing, I bet the other officers at the station never let those officers live it down!

I also always find it amusing how the Moggie happily glides over all the bumps while the poor officers in the modern car have to slow right down to avoid shattering their suspension and their poor spines!

1 hour ago, JeeExEll said:

Why do traffic cops have to give directions 3 times - 'LEFT LEFT LEFT', then 'RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT'.  It sounds like some form of Tourettes.  Makes you wonder what everyday conversation at home must be like - 'Ok luv, I'm just going round to the SHOP SHOP SHOP for some MILK MILK MILK'.  Bedroom conversation must be a bit strange too, full and clear directions and descriptions (X3) as events occur, best not think about it.

LOL :)

I think thats done just so the directions are crystal clear over even a dodgy radio connection or such