What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 1/21/2021 at 7:27 PM, MarvinsMom said:

tomorrow i am going to throw my notice in at work.

i've been in the shit-can job for 10 weeks and i really fuckin' hate it, plus i really suck at it too!

today it took me the better part of two hours to drive to the office, and got snide remarks for my apparent tardy-ness when i arrived.

see all that rain we had last night? well north of Whitby, and above Sleight's, that rain was snow.... and i've got no choice but to drive that way. to get there! the others in the office drive something like 8 miles to get there, i'm doing the better part of 60, each way. all i'm doing with my time is sitting in the car and spending what ever i earn on diesel.

so fuck it, if i don't jump ship i'll only get pushed, plus each time i get in that road i feel i'm taking my life in my own hands. no job is worth the heartburn, sleepless nights and general malaise that it is causing me.

today i have done the deed.

after fretting all weekend about it, and i mean fretting about it too, sleepless nights, screwed up tum, palpitations, heart burn and no appetite, 

the whole long list of symptoms  of "stress" i have handed the notice over.

ok, so i originally wrote it on Thursday, and this morning i rewrote it cos it was, well, "terse" to say the least, but today its gone and been handed over.

i finish on Friday.

and after that, well lets just say that it has lifted a weight off my shoulders.

to compound everything, i have actually had an ok working day today to.

odd, eh?

5 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

after fretting all weekend about it, and i mean fretting about it too, sleepless nights, screwed up tum, palpitations, heart burn and no appetite, 

ok, so i originally wrote it on Thursday, and this morning i rewrote it cos it was, well, "terse" to say the least, but today its gone and been handed over.

i finish on Friday.

and after that, well lets just say that it has lifted a weight off my shoulders.

odd, eh?

3 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

i finish on Friday.

odd, eh?

2 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

i finish on Friday.

odd, eh?

No wonder why you was stressed. You were doing the work of 3 hence 3 resignations. Hope you find something else soon.

18 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Was it walking, driving, or were you on a neighbours front lawn?

It just leapt out at me. It was on the verge of a very narrow country lane, and made more treacherous by having frozen solid last night. 

Luckily the Cashcow shrugs off impact damage like a Volvo 740.

1 hour ago, warch said:

Had an unusual car accident this morning, hit a snowman. I was assuming snowmen would be soft and fluffy, this was like hitting a boulder. 

I hope you got it on Dash cam then post it on to UK dash-cam YT channel, with a load of swearing about how he was to blame....... or I will be disappointed.

2 hours ago, junkyarddog said:

Saved this from going into the metal skip at the local recycling center today.

20210126_131120.thumb.jpg.bdef4b00681595496239333590dd47bb.jpg

Much too nice to be scrapped. 

Still in vogue around here as vintage upcycled tables when you stick a top on them, I've done a few, the cheapest I sold was for £80, before I realised that I could get quite a bit more. Used decent tongue and groove boards with a 2x1 edge around, it helped that I could get the wood free as offcuts from someone who build sheds.

Slim possibility I may appear in the American media as a lighthearted final news item.  A Journo from the US saw a Reddit post my Daughter put up showing a video of me being assaulted by a Cat focused on my Blueberry Muffin and they want to call tomorrow to interview me about it.  I may end up as some sort of meme but hey, what was it Andy Warhol said?

Plumber came round and confirmed my diagnosis of the heating pump, and the hot water electrovalve is none too clever either. 

Sent his quote in and asked if I was about tomorrow so that's hopeful. Before he left he showed me how to smack it if I needed which I just have needed to as the heating clicked off earlier and didn't come back on... Smack smack smack and it rumbled into life, tempted to just keep the heating on tonight, so it doesn't stall and not come on in the morning. I've got 3 days of gas to use...