What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 minutes ago, Wilko220 said:

Quote:  With MG5 EV, we initially believed that the car was approved to carry weight on its roof, but we have since become aware of some missing engineering data meaning that we are – at present – unable to confirm this, so have taken the safest possible action of advising our customers not to carry a load on the roof until we can confirm otherwise

So it's not that it can't, it's just they have lost the proof. 

8 minutes ago, Rovorsche said:

Must be a Telegraph reader.
Its behind a paywall so I cannot read the whole article but the advice for driving in water starts

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice/how-to-drive-through-floods/

"Keep the engine revs up (by slipping the clutch if necessary) to avoid water entering the exhaust pipe."

My advice to my wife yesterday.  If you can't see the curb, it's too deep.  Obviously we don't travel on roads out of town with no curbs. 

Just now, Wilko220 said:

Maybe it's under a pile of rubble at Longbridge...

The police deleted the Evidence. 

They just need to do the Finite Element analysis or stick 1000kg on the roof and drive it very fast over some cobled streets or down an unadopted farm track. If it survives rate it at 500 kg.  If not try again with 750kg 

3 minutes ago, Wack said:

This is probably not the 5 minutes of fame you'd want on live TV

That guy was literally 30 seconds from being unable to get that door open. A few minutes later natural selection would of taken care of itself. 

"What do I do?" 2 options pal.

1. Get out while you can.

2. Drown to death.

Storm Christof killed another bit of our fence but it couldn't put water in the front of the Maestro.  I might be able to put the carpets and sound deadening back in soon!  There was barely any water in the boot either, so I think I must be getting close to solving this water ingress issue now.  I wonder if it's that the Arbomast sealant has just sort of settled into wherever the voids were and whatever water was still stuck in the car has finally all drained out.

One unfortunate thing has happened with the Maestro which is that I'm actually really enjoying driving it about and tinkering with it and I've gone and got attached which was very much not the plan.  I expected the Maestro to feel like the 414 in that I'd be bored of it by now and want to change things, but I don't.  Maybe that will change when the nicer weather comes along, or it presents the first real problem.  That said, this Maestro has all the things I liked about my Ledbury and none of the things I didn't, so maybe it's just that it's the right car for me?

tomorrow i am going to throw my notice in at work.

i've been in the shit-can job for 10 weeks and i really fuckin' hate it, plus i really suck at it too!

today it took me the better part of two hours to drive to the office, and got snide remarks for my apparent tardy-ness when i arrived.

see all that rain we had last night? well north of Whitby, and above Sleight's, that rain was snow.... and i've got no choice but to drive that way. to get there! the others in the office drive something like 8 miles to get there, i'm doing the better part of 60, each way. all i'm doing with my time is sitting in the car and spending what ever i earn on diesel.

so fuck it, if i don't jump ship i'll only get pushed, plus each time i get in that road i feel i'm taking my life in my own hands. no job is worth the heartburn, sleepless nights and general malaise that it is causing me.

9 hours ago, Rovorsche said:

Must be a Telegraph reader.
Its behind a paywall so I cannot read the whole article but the advice for driving in water starts

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice/how-to-drive-through-floods/

"Keep the engine revs up (by slipping the clutch if necessary) to avoid water entering the exhaust pipe."

I am not a subscriber to the rag. But there are ways of getting behind some paywalls.  😉 Here is a screen shot of the said article.

1641830986_Screenshot_2021-01-21Howtodrivethroughstandingwaterfromflashfloods(ifyoureallyhaveto).thumb.jpg.063e7388942ded626a4ac74989301ed3.jpg

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Nah.  Prawn mayo is the way to go.

Many years ago me and a mate thought it would be hilarious to stick his sandwiches behind a radiator in our Spanish class. Yes we stupidly underestimated the gut wrenching stench, as we were permanently positioned next to said radiator, this gradually increasing smell got to a point that all lessons were diverted to the school library. Thankfully we never got done for it. 

Yep very silly

9 hours ago, Minimad5 said:

Many years ago me and a mate thought it would be hilarious to stick his sandwiches behind a radiator in our Spanish class. Yes we stupidly underestimated the gut wrenching stench, as we were permanently positioned next to said radiator, this gradually increasing smell got to a point that all lessons were diverted to the school library. Thankfully we never got done for it. 

Yep very silly

bit of milk spilled here and there can stink to high heavens..if theres anything soft it can soak into or a gap 

For the first time ever, thanks to my YouTube money and 3 of my 6 points falling off my license this is looking like the year I can finally be a big boy and pay my insurance up front, rather than monthly! £50 a month saved (plus more as the overall quote is £200 less this year) 

Granted there's time for all that to fall apart yet... 

16 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

tomorrow i am going to throw my notice in at work.

i've been in the shit-can job for 10 weeks and i really fuckin' hate it, plus i really suck at it too!

today it took me the better part of two hours to drive to the office, and got snide remarks for my apparent tardy-ness when i arrived.

see all that rain we had last night? well north of Whitby, and above Sleight's, that rain was snow.... and i've got no choice but to drive that way. to get there! the others in the office drive something like 8 miles to get there, i'm doing the better part of 60, each way. all i'm doing with my time is sitting in the car and spending what ever i earn on diesel.

so fuck it, if i don't jump ship i'll only get pushed, plus each time i get in that road i feel i'm taking my life in my own hands. no job is worth the heartburn, sleepless nights and general malaise that it is causing me.

Unless you are responsible for opening up, or are on an assembly line where you need all the people sitting down at the same time, there are few jobs where start and finish times truly matter. 

Obviously there are other jobs where it really matters. 

I had a contract some 220 miles south, and told them that in Monday morning I'd leave the house at 5am but i might not be in til after 10 am. But realistically anywhere from.9:30 to 11 am.

But that over the 5 days, i would do 38 hours. 

The second Monday I managed to arrive at 9:30 and then got a verbal dressing down, for not being at the 8:30 weekly start meeting. 

I explained that I never would be. 

Every week the hiring manager was cross that I wasn't there. 

Weird.