What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Apparantly a mate of mine was walking home from the shops this afternoon with his dinner in a carrier bag. He squeezed through a gap where a gulley sucker was emptying a drain just as the operator was pulling the hose out and it sucked up his bag. He said the vision of his pot noodle being sucked through the hose will live with him forever :lol:

A good friend from years ago returning from living in Spain.

She sold me her Golf Clipper Cabrio before she left, and now she's back and wanted another.

Autoshite saved the day, and made me look like a proper f'kin' hero.

I iz grinnin'.

Warren T Claim's signature.

Thank you! :D Probably true as well!

I saw M.Buckley this evening (driving a Fiat 130 coupe of course). I'll actually speak to him one of these days and ask him if he visits here but he scares me a bit.

Warren T Claim's signature.

Thank you! :D Probably true as well!

I saw M.Buckley this evening (driving a Fiat 130 coupe of course). I'll actually speak to him one of these days and ask him if he visits here but he scares me a bit.

[beth] Ditto. I wanted to interview him for this project thing I'm putting together, but I didn't get a reply. Tried his website, via Haymarket at C&SC, and even rang the office, but no-one got back to me. I thought his 130 Coupe was b0rked anyway? The last C&SC piece of his I read about it said he was going to sell it and save up for a minter from Italy that he could drop a 4 speed auto in.

DSC01410.jpg

This piece of OMG arrived today from the Czech Republic.

DSC01408.jpg

It's a 1948 Tesla Talisman 308U, and Pete's mate Jiri sorted it out for me. Worked out far cheaper than it would in the UK, and it came with its original box, which is pretty incredible when you think about it. Jiri then sent me another message, along the lines of 'Yeah, I was bored, so I've done some work on it for you and it now works brilliantly'.

It's actually a lot smaller than I imagined. It's tiny in comparison to my Philco and Bush DAC90, and even smaller than the 1948 Ferguson I also have. 'Spose I better sell the Zenith and DAC90A now, I've got a H511 Racetrack x 2 on the way and there's no room for them.....

When I find a decent Ekco A22, that's my collection sorted.........

Just had a twat from British Gas at the door.

TFBG - Hello Sir can i interested you in coming to British Gas, We can save you money, who are you with at the moment?.

Me - Scottish Power.

TFBG - Ah well, we can bet them, what are you paying at the moment?.

Me - I can't remember, It's comes out by direct debit, It's a online only account.

TFBG - Ah, Bye.

and walks off. :lol:

Just had a twat from British Gas at the door.

TFBG - Hello Sir can i interested you in coming to British Gas, We can save you money, who are you with at the moment?.

Me - Scottish Power.

TFBG - Ah well, we can bet them, what are you paying at the moment?.

Me - I can't remember, It's comes out by direct debit, It's a online only account.

TFBG - Ah, Bye.

and walks off. :lol:

The chap trying to sell a mobile phone to my wife earlier had a much harder time of it! She unravelled him like the cat unravels a ball of wool. Hard to defeat her logic - why spend £15 on contract when PAYG is currently costing £5 per month or less?!

Anyway, I'm grinning because I'm a certified Minibus driver. Quite a nice morning pottering about in a brand new VW Crafter, though as an autoshiter, there's always a little disappointment at driving what is a small (by truck standards) commercial vehicle that probably has more power than all of my cars put together. Five-pot diesel sounds nice though... (post-test!). Really hoping that my first job will be in the knackered 14 year old Renault Master coach-thing. GR8 4 PICKIN UP PENSHUNERS!

Aye. Have experience with the previous LT as well. Have never driven an actual Sprinter though! And have never driven the old type LT. I really want one.

I get to drive a fair few Sprinters and the new ones aren't too bad. The last one I drove even had cruise control. I should imagine an M Class is no nicer to pilot.

Ford vs Ferrari... well more specifically some of the quotes that have come from Fords ridiculous F150 name attack...

Ferrari has misappropriated the F-150 trademark in naming its new racing vehicle the F150 in order to capitalize on and profit from the substantial goodwill that Ford has developed in the F-150 trademark

Oh yeah... well it does look like they they do hae something in common, under developed, shit and hated by most :evil:

Ford argued that the use of the name detracts from its own F-150 brand of best-selling pickup trucks.

Oh yeah... best selling in the bit of the world that generally considers motorsport around anything other than an oval to be sacriledge and probably wouldn't follow F1 anyway.

Fuggin ridiculous, but amusing at the same time!

m0rris

Driving one might cure you of that want... Wandering steering, awful gearchange, poor brakes, harsh ride and no discernable power from the engine are all normal for a "proper" LT.

Hang on, what am I saying? you own a 2cv and just bought a landrover! The old style LT is right up your street.