What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

9 hours ago, strangeangel said:

Does anyone remember eBay seller raymanboy, and his repeated, unsuccessful attempts to sell a Chrysler Lebaron and a Honda Spacy scooter at insane prices, using walls of hatstand mad-as-cheese text in the description? Well, I think he's branched out into laptops...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-VAIO-VGN-AW-LIKE-NO-OTHER/123930053552

Nah, it's not him - there's no mention of Beethoven or Manfred von Richthofen in the listing.

On 02/01/2020 at 22:45, 62 Austin said:

I don't drive out on lakes. If you had had 20 days of -20 F.  maybe i'd walk out on it. Makes me wonder how many of these idiots are looking for a big insurance payback.

I believe that Lucas Car Braking used to send a team to the far north of Europe, where they had a test track of tarmac made up every year on top of a frozen lake and then spent 3 months doing Cold trials testing down to -40 degrees C 

2 minutes ago, New POD said:

I believe that Lucas Car Braking used to send a team to the far north of Europe, where they had a test track of tarmac made up every year on top of a frozen lake and then spent 3 months doing Cold trials testing down to -40 degrees C 

Tarmac?

On a frozen lake?

Would it not have been easier to just use a road?

Being back in Brussels recently was great. I spotted a few things that made me grin....

20201211_145236.thumb.jpg.3deffdbddef4f1acfce382cd7f22cd29.jpg

This Sports Direct/JD sports type place seems to have one of those names that appear as an in-joke store in those PlayStation GTA games, except, this store is actually real and located in Antwerp/Anvers.

20201208_124338.thumb.jpg.ce619c7dbd9cfe67623bb8e2d97464a3.jpg

Yes, I'm sure it is.....

IMG00040-20120822-1728.thumb.jpg.73fe19446cc3d0e3c089879b0f7faffb.jpg

I delved into the archives for this. This is a real person and that is her real name. A few years ago, when I was in Brussels there were some local elections. Much like here when elections are on, you get a load of bumf through the post and see some posters in house/car windows. I kept seeing this around and had to take a pic.

We've been really busy with Mots but since Saturday we have had a number of phonecalls with people asking for tests. Should be a grump but it just makes me laugh. Todays " I need a test so does my wife " me ' we are an MoT test centre and booked until next year'  caller " that's no good, I want a Covid test"

The amount of enquiries for Covid tests I'm thinking about letting them rock up and blow down my gas anylizer. Get a reading you're fine, no reading your lungs are fucked. 

1 hour ago, danthecapriman said:

No pics sadly as I was driving, but I was coming home on the A3 this afternoon following a 2001 Ford Crown Vic. Lovely old thing it was too, stood out a mile against all the boring euro trash. Nice looking cars, seeing it has rekindled a major want for one!

This one?

Idk if this is suitable to this topic, but I had a shite-related idea that made me grin.

Since Land Rover decided to load their last defenders with "HUE 166" labels

defneder-hue166-005.thumb.jpg.907c9c2f30348e7ee58853d8af3c74a1.jpg

and stickers:

defender-5.thumb.jpg.4d61df6efb17df981b141f4e5baec67e.jpg

We should start doing those but with "D701 SWL" to stick on our fellow Shiters' landies

10 hours ago, OM646 said:

Idk if this is suitable to this topic, but I had a shite-related idea that made me grin.

Since Land Rover decided to load their last defenders with "HUE 166" labels

defneder-hue166-005.thumb.jpg.907c9c2f30348e7ee58853d8af3c74a1.jpg

and stickers:

defender-5.thumb.jpg.4d61df6efb17df981b141f4e5baec67e.jpg

We should start doing those but with "D701 SWL" to stick on our fellow Shiters' landies

???? Slightly lost on that

11 minutes ago, S2000 said:

???? Slightly lost on that

D701 SWL is a "legendary" Land Rover here in the forum, even has its entry in the Autoshite lexicon

Edited by OM646
Wrong word used