What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Honestly, that bloody Graun article has been a gift to the ICE gammons.  Not only does it read like something from 2012 it just reinforces every stereotype.

On any decent paper the motoring editor would have looked at it, thought 'twats can't work out how to run their new car, how sad' and spiked the thing and then given the writer a bollocking for wasting his time.  Instead the stupid lefty chip wrapper prints it and its been poisoning the discussion for the last two weeks.  Idiots.

That's why I enjoyed the article, money doesn't buy common sense and these kind of stories will become more prevalent with increased ownership.
Like hybrids with their charge cables in original packaging in the boot since purchase that another article a while ago complained about its the decisions made by owners that make the impact.
My 16 year old son works for a hotel on the Ashdown Forest and nearly all of the staff have no clue how to use the Tesla charger stations outside or which one is universal and what cars are compatible, He does as he shares our interests and curiosity in cars.
A lot of the guests are just used to the familiarity of their home charger and one at work.

My 4 year old managed to make me a student the other day; I say to her, your belly is covered in food thus go and sort it out, she says ,'its called the torso!' So I agree it's the bit that the head, arms and legs are attached too. I add that the belly is also called the stomach too!,,,,so she with a knows what shes talking about face hits back with 'no, the stomach is inside the torso so it's not the same thing! Well that's me back in the box haha. 

A big grin for the general ace-ness of this place.

A few weeks ago, I put up a general shout for help to combat excessive US postage charges from eBay on a tiny crystal ornament for my mum.

@PhilA stepped up (or, more accurately, was nominated 😀) and generously agreed to act as my international fence, taking receipt of my eBay purchase, re-packing to make sure it survived the journey, and then sending it on a 4500 mile journey (and taking the time to include exactly the kind of hand-typed note my mother would LOVE) to my door, where it has just arrived,

A++++A++ - would recommend.

On 12/13/2020 at 6:33 PM, richardmorris said:

Standards are falling in all walks of life.

I read something similar on another forum 

A guy offered something for free or " a bottle of something" 

As a joke I linked to a £4500 bottle of wine as he's a bit of a wine buff 

Then another guy wrote

The old pub landlord had that behind the bar , it sold well after a shoot but the new landlord has taken it off the wine list 

Standards are falling :D

13 hours ago, The Moog said:

What a glorious way to holiday in the UK...

a00d99fe8878d9935908e13e40009d0e.jpg027f8429333e84104558a31460e34815.jpg

I came very close to buying something similar cheap,  only the guy was in the west country 

I should've just driven there with the deposit as he was a technophobe , as soon as I mentioned wanting his bank details for a deposit he went into you might be a scammer 

That was it , he wouldn't take my calls 

7 hours ago, andy18s said:

One of the YouTube channels bought a new Defender. 

It lasted 160 miles before throwing up a check engine fault,which ended up being terminal for the engine

From the launch press release*

Customer clinicing showed amongst off roading ability, an underlying flakiness was cited as being a core Land Rover value; something part of the DNA and a link to the great models of the past. Landroveriness, which was felt critical to getting the “feel“ of the product right.

5 hours ago, HMC said:

From the launch press release*

Customer clinicing showed amongst off roading ability, an underlying flakiness was cited as being a core Land Rover value; something part of the DNA and a link to the great models of the past. Landroveriness, which was felt critical to getting the “feel“ of the product right.

I wonder if the "Landroveriness feel" extends to the dealers as well.

This particular youtuber got offered a full replacement engine or car by the dealer.They opted for the car,obviously 

When the dealership went to fit the official winch that had been paid for, a technician managed to hack up the engine bay wiring harness badly enough for the car to be written off

The channel is now on it's 3rd Defender

just watched that and the response theyve had fro the dealer then jlr themselves has been very good

the tommy guy is very annoying - too loud and talks too fast his faither needs to p45 him

ill not say owt but surprised what theyve done seeing what they said in the previous videos................

i know ( and they mentioned the lemon law) they have similar here - do you think they woulda got that from a uk dealer?

for 40+ grand id hope so

Had a new thermostat fitted to car, old one wasn't that bad but would start getting cooler on a long run now cold weather here. It was a nitemare job so I farmed it out to my trusted spanner monkey.

Its sooooo warm and toasty now, warms up loads quicker (still not mega quick because VW diesel) and stays at a rock solid 90 on the gauge. 

Thats all lol

Just whazzed into town, and coming out of the car park there's a bit of commotion going on. Some lard arsed sweaty maybe late 40's bloke is giving it large to an old bloke, both outside their cars. Fat bloke's son (I assume it's his son) is holding him back, his missus is yelling at him to get back in the car, but he's still playing road wars.

Anyhow, this absolute clown calls the old fella a 'Fucking old c*nt' and the bloke just said 'I'm 80, what are you going to do about it you fat bastard?' Cue son holding him tubby back and getting him into the car, and a handful of people laughing.

From the answer to a question about a Gumtree advert today:

'And me mum's dogs chewed the side panels just after I'd resprayed them aswell 🙈 but can get them for 30 or 40 on eBay mate'