What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

7 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

twas going through my photos just now and saw this and thought "its been a while since I papped it and it was very crusty back then, lets see if its still going or not!"

so stuck KT05RWL into the MOT checker and...

image.png.74fd6b7a7e182df9519155f949456dce.png

ah... thats a new one LOL

(coincidentally it had said MOT today LOL)

That is definitely one of the most spectacular MOT fail sheets I've seen in a few years!

6 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

That is definitely one of the most spectacular MOT fail sheets I've seen in a few years!

im quite proud of it in an autoshite way if that makes any sense LOL (even tho its not my vehicle or anything just one I papped that lives around here)

heres a screen shot of the whole list, hopefully the forum has not compressed it too much its that large LOL

screencapture-check-mot-service-gov-uk-2020-12-10-03_37_44.thumb.png.481805e867064e68270147f6c583afd7.png

"brake performance not tested vehicle dangerous" is also a new one to me LOL

20201210_160013.thumb.jpg.da591a60fe924dbfc2fb8ca843edaddd.jpg

Poor Xsara! 33 miles in the last month then 190 in a day! Need to get the rear tyres changed and balanced though, over 70 and everything just gets blurred with the vibrations. Brakes work well too after a near full oh fuck stoppo on the m5 due to an utter dickhead trying to cut across to a junction... Luckily my arse was working too (and my prop didn't get damaged) 

I got to drive through the Black Country Museum too. And be on TV... Better writeup in my thread in the open forum, but what a wicked day! 

On 08/12/2020 at 13:50, Pieman said:

I really hope this is real - if it is I am very impressed!

130689271_10159437719559410_6925875372282478895_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=b0TIUrcDSnIAX-j6Wc4&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=b0d503ef663a4da100fd369cc28f938b&oe=5FF58018

Yes, it is genuine, one of several well known photos in Saab circles (includes another of a 900 with a VERY large tree on it.

As an aside, back in the day, the Saab 99 was the only production car approved by the FIA for rallying without a roll cage. The 900 (which is basically the same shell) had the A post pillars weakened so it could get better crash test results.

I will go and find my anorak now...... 

Thursday, 01 July 2021

17:00

Castlefield Bowl, Manchester, United Kingdom

Crowded House - Sounds Of The City 2021

Venue capacity: 8000

Thursday, 04 March 2021

18:00

Date & Time to be Confirmed

Claudelands - Arena Conference Exhibition, Hamilton, New Zealand

Crowded House

Venue capacity: 6000

i lolled at this as - cant go to the manc one as its a resched of this year and all the other uk gigs are sold out as theyre all the same - also planning on being in usa the time of the uk gigs in june anyway

the european gigs arent convenient

but when i saw that they were doing an nz tour i found the hamilton one and noticed that the manc one was the one before :D

theyve got a busy coupla days there :D

but viagogo are cnuts - it says you can buy ticket for the uk ones i know for a fact you cant - twats

its also a lesson in optimism - gonna buy one for nz hoping i can go :D

@STUNO can ya get in some speights stout please :D

Had to do a delivery into Oxford Street today. Advised the shipper I'd be lucky to make it there by 12.30, and that was a very optimistic ETA.

Sailed in and out, even Finchley Road was quiet. Shipper reckoned it was because London is on the precipice of Tier 3. I advised him to stop showing off with his big words.

blimey.png

9 hours ago, hairnet said:

Claudelands - Arena Conference Exhibition, Hamilton, New Zealand

Crowded House

Venue capacity: 6000

@STUNO can ya get in some speights stout please :D

Tried 2 days ago, none on the shelves ! had to settle for Monteiths.

WILL TRY HARDER..................................

Santa normally comes round on the back of a fairly new truck, was a very new Ford ranger last year. Its run by the local round table so I always thought the company car poshos competed every year... 

20201213_183425.thumb.jpg.cb73625d0af959aab199e28350c0506a.jpg

The recession seems to be hitting the North Pole as well as Santa was towed by a mildly barried 03 golf that smelt HOT... I approved and put some actual pound coins in the bucket 

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Santa normally comes round on the back of a fairly new truck, was a very new Ford ranger last year. Its run by the local round table so I always thought the company car poshos competed every year... 

20201213_183425.thumb.jpg.cb73625d0af959aab199e28350c0506a.jpg

The recession seems to be hitting the North Pole as well as Santa was towed by a mildly barried 03 golf that smelt HOT... I approved and put some actual pound coins in the bucket 

Interesting. We also have a Round Table Santa. Usually pulled by a Defender.

But yeah, I assumed that it wouldn't be out collecting, this year. Who knows, aftee seeing yours.

First world problems with having a 'powerful' electric car.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/nov/28/electric-cars-porsche-charging-network
Probably have been quicker to wait in one of the queues then!

Just realised the stupidity of that statement, they own* a new electric PORSCHE so why would they queue?

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk