What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

If you want somethign to cheer you up during the winter lockdown follow 'Chatarras Almendral' on facebook. Its a scrapyard in Chile, and it looks friggin fantastic. Loads of interesting old shite in it, trees all round and beautiful bright blue skies in all their pictures. Some dream of tropical island scenes but this place looks like heaven to me!!!

https://www.facebook.com/chatarra.almendral

31776116_1710134995768293_82174987406053

129642833_3620544378060669_1041217335886

128503149_3609925719122535_7866283837926

128176915_3607498942698546_1498504742805

127720557_3601873859927721_1763793686205

Got an email from the CEO this afternoon saying that because we weren't having a work Christmas do this year and as a thankyou for keeping things going during a shit year, the company was giving everyone a £50 voucher.  Then another email to say I'd won a £20 voucher (same setup) in the Christmas raffle.  So I now have £70 to spend which should make a decent dent in the Christmas shopping.

I wanted something off gumtree, seller initially offered a possible delivery in person by a mate, that came to nothing, my offer was well below asking price, accepted on the grounds of payment by BACS, I politely declined and offered PayPal again but was now having doubts. Guy says send me your address I will post it and if you are happy BACS the money over. I risk sending my address, two days later it arrives beautifully packaged with a couple of extras as he ‘didn’t need them’. Money was sent immediately. Nice to know there are some genuinely decent people still left in the world. I just hope he never gets ripped off by a dickhead.

shit modern peugeot connected to battery charger - *click

shit hairdressers car apart from yesterday not used for week and half vroom no problem

two wheeled japanese appliance started even tho its been doing 2 mile trips each way since august and only needs a top up every two three weeks

volvo related madness happened :D *schtum

18 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Got an email from the CEO this afternoon saying that because we weren't having a work Christmas do this year and as a thankyou for keeping things going during a shit year, the company was giving everyone a £50 voucher.  Then another email to say I'd won a £20 voucher (same setup) in the Christmas raffle.  So I now have £70 to spend which should make a decent dent in the Christmas shopping.

Job lot of Arcadia vouchers then....... 😕

Down at my fave scrappy earlier, chatting to the owner on the way out and he asks me if I liked wine, yes I says, step this way he says and opens up the back of a scrap van which was stuffed with rather decent bottles of wine , any 3 for a tenner :) that's tonight's beverage sorted 

Proper music video moment earlier.

Bombing down the A90 in the Saab as the last of the sunset was peaking out behind the gathering storm clouds. The street lights had just recently switched on and were still in their gloomy yellow stages, all accompanied by Sleater Kinney - The Future is Here.

Everything just came together in that moment and it felt ace.

My dad had 2 safes in the floor from the days he was a market trader in the 70s  , they'd rusted shut as he'd breached the damp course when he put them in 
One opened easily, empty

One was just open but the hinge rusted solid so I got a crowbar in it and opened it , nothing in it other that some banknote bands £100 x £10

The buyer had been a PITA

So I left a gift for him , one of the bands sticking out then hammered it shut, locked it then put the carpet back over

I bet he had hours of fun .