What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

6 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

My sister has started redecorating their front room.  Lux the Maine Coon approves the message.

image.png

😄

My dad tells a story of helping a new colleague decorate their house - late 1960s. Painting the living room, glen, the art teacher did a quick “ Rolf Harris” mural on the wall in brown paint. Apparently it took a dozen or so coats of white paint and ten years before you couldn’t see it.

10 hours ago, Wack said:

Watching UFO on britbox 

You know when a modern Sci-fi show finishes it takes 5 minutes for the credits to roll past because there's 60 people in each department 

Not on UFO

Derek pulls the strings and Bob tells him when 

20201129_001930.thumb.jpg.95b893e917fc2a070a7869e459be92b8.jpg

Stephanie Beecham though 

20201128_234438.thumb.jpg.9c9a220661358f6d8813e310717d761f.jpg

admiring the flange :)

19 hours ago, louiepj said:

First world problems with having a 'powerful' electric car.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/nov/28/electric-cars-porsche-charging-network

Don't worry they put another lump on the fire.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/nov/26/british-coal-plants-fired-up-to-meet-temporary-electricity-shortfall

Maybe the 2030 deadline has been scrapped already.🤣

I don't know what to think about that Guardian article. 

Yes, the charging network appears to be a shambles.

It appears that they checked in advance and had planned their journey, albeit in a half arsed way.

But on the other hand, what did they expect from a public charging service?

The price of the car is irrelevant but the Guardian saw fit to include it in the headline. 

Trying to stir up a bit of jealousy?  Good luck to them. Its an awesome car and not unreasonable to expect to get home in it.

How is the charging network such a mess? I haven't tried it as I don't have an EV but there appears to be different connectors, different suppliers, different price structures, everyone doing their own thing.

How did the UK make such a mess of it? What are other countries doing?

On 28/11/2020 at 18:47, meggersdog said:

I MoT most of these beasts.Because of the fancy automatic gearboxes they fit I don't put them in the brake rollers , instead have to drive them to test the brakes with a decelerometer. People always look when I hit the loud pedal . If the exhaust exits just below the middle of the rear crossmember then it is LOUD.

A bloke I worked with in the 90s had built 3.9 V8 space framed road legal desert rally beast.  Rear suspension had 5 shocks and springs.  It had 2 massive radiators  behind the cab, and no doors. To get in you had to literally climb in. 

It had no front screen, due to a roll over near a Pyramid. 

It had locked diffs. The MOT tester suggested a brake test on the road, but refused to drive it.  He told the guy that owned it to drive past him and brake hard.   

I rejoice in the fact that the odious "Sir" Philip Green is about to get his comeuppance.................although I suspect that he'll have made sure he has enough salted away to keep himself in luxury yachts for a few years...............where's Mossad when you need them................

Feel immensely sorry for the the staff of his bold sucking empire who are going to lose their jobs though

On 11/28/2020 at 7:13 PM, richardmorris said:

My dad tells a story of helping a new colleague decorate their house - late 1960s. Painting the living room, glen, the art teacher did a quick “ Rolf Harris” mural on the wall in brown paint. Apparently it took a dozen or so coats of white paint and ten years before you couldn’t see it.

If you know where to look, in my living room, you may see the phrase STICKYBELLYFLAPCOCK. 

7 hours ago, Austat said:

I've never noticed that the doors on the 2 door variant of the Fiat 128 are very similar to those of the Autobianchi A112 (door bottoms are a bit different, but the door glass, quarter lights, & door handles look the same).

FIAT-128-Rally-2379_10.thumb.jpg.aa064eab5801d9387ec4048ef7b6e559.jpg

1970_Autobianchi_A112_903_cc.thumb.jpg.f614c6c00bf9940e7ade11a3bd83b1fb.jpg

I wonder what other parts they share?

Some info here

On 11/29/2020 at 7:34 PM, Timewaster said:

I don't know what to think about that Guardian article. 

Yes, the charging network appears to be a shambles.

It appears that they checked in advance and had planned their journey, albeit in a half arsed way.

But on the other hand, what did they expect from a public charging service?

The price of the car is irrelevant but the Guardian saw fit to include it in the headline. 

Trying to stir up a bit of jealousy?  Good luck to them. Its an awesome car and not unreasonable to expect to get home in it.

How is the charging network such a mess? I haven't tried it as I don't have an EV but there appears to be different connectors, different suppliers, different price structures, everyone doing their own thing.

How did the UK make such a mess of it? What are other countries doing?

youtube chap bjorn nyland does 1+2000km test with electric cars - he did id3 to arctic circle

he most recently did a trip to stavanger and slagged ionity cos they were doubling the prices from their chargers so he was doing the trip before they changed it :D so sounds like they have it there too

Being able to drive at 70mph anti-clockwise for pretty much the whole journey around the M25 from the M1 to the M23 today....and then clockwise later on  in the day.

So long, lockdown, it was a pleasure to be able to drive properly on the M25 again.

OMGXMASSHOPPINGKAOS from tomorrow....

On 30/11/2020 at 07:05, Austat said:

I've never noticed that the doors on the 2 door variant of the Fiat 128 are very similar to those of the Autobianchi A112 (door bottoms are a bit different, but the door glass, quarter lights, & door handles look the same).

FIAT-128-Rally-2379_10.thumb.jpg.aa064eab5801d9387ec4048ef7b6e559.jpg

1970_Autobianchi_A112_903_cc.thumb.jpg.f614c6c00bf9940e7ade11a3bd83b1fb.jpg

I wonder what other parts they share?

They look very different to me.

Unless you are just saying they are car door shaped?