What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I was just idly staring out of the window when this 19 plate Range Rover pulled up in our little cul de sac - the driver got out, reached into the back seat and grabbed his pizza delivery bag :) surely there can’t be much of his income left running one of these ?

EB230D5F-5F61-44DE-AD65-C0A6A501F6D7.thumb.jpeg.e91b1f31c8344930956edf9ada0cdbd3.jpeg

1 hour ago, gm said:

I was just idly staring out of the window when this 19 plate Range Rover pulled up in our little cul de sac - the driver got out, reached into the back seat and grabbed his pizza delivery bag :) surely there can’t be much of his income left running one of these ?

EB230D5F-5F61-44DE-AD65-C0A6A501F6D7.thumb.jpeg.e91b1f31c8344930956edf9ada0cdbd3.jpeg

Call me a cynic, but I'd put 50p on the pizza delivery bag not containing pizza at all. Perhaps he is delivering other forms of 'nutrition' under the guise of being an Uber Eats driver?

4 hours ago, gm said:

I did wonder that but he was from dominos and in uniform. 

Dominos stuff crops up on eBay quite often, wouldn't be hard to pretend!

When I worked there though we did have all sorts of cars, never anything as flash as a Range Rover though. I can't see minimum wage making much of a dent in the running costs and in my experience the fuel money starts to get a bit tight around 30mpg.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

Disco has another MOT. Advisory is a bit of a "but it's fucked really!!!!!!!"

I've not crawled under it recently, but I'm sure it only had the usual chassis rear end slow dissolve. Haven't got it back yet, but where else do disco 2's corrode? MOT man covering his back if I flog it?  

mot.thumb.jpg.40c4a9b409e301f938914b19ec09aa22.jpg

On 24/11/2020 at 20:26, Amishtat said:

I saw a red squirrel this morning whilst out with the dog. Never seen one before. 

Where do you live. 

There's loads in the woods in L37 on the North West Coast .  So many that I was surprised to see a grey one on a Walk at Alderley Edge. Didn't realise that they were so big. 

14 minutes ago, Christine said:

Fox hunting stopped  near 20 years ago . it doesn't happen anymore :-(

Really?

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-11-24/police-and-cps-investigating-webinars-held-by-huntings-governing-body

And what kind of sad inadequate small dicked cunt could get pleasure out of seeing a living animal being torn to pieces?

Decided to go wild camping for the first time last night - Up on Kinder Scout. I know we're not supposedly allowed out of the house blah blah blah

Lugging 18kg of stuff up there in the dark was a slog but it was such a clear night, the view of Mancheste r was amazing. I've been up there dozens of times but never been able to see as far as this.

image.thumb.png.96522244878cfd35d4ba76c18fb3b781.png

The lack of cloud cover does have is disadvantages, It was -7! I reckon it is the coldest I have ever been in my entire life. Absolutely worth it though, I will do it again soon.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:26 PM, Amishtat said:

I saw a red squirrel this morning whilst out with the dog. Never seen one before. 

A few years ago, myself and a workmate Geoff were sitting in a van eating lunch. Jeremy Vine was on the radio talking to some squirrel expert about red and grey squirrels and the expert said there are extremely rare black squirrels but he had never seen one. 

Geoff says to me, there's one in that bloody tree over there! 

He was right, we sat and watched for a while, there were 3 or 4 of them! 

21 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

A few years ago, myself and a workmate Geoff were sitting in a van eating lunch. Jeremy Vine was on the radio talking to some squirrel expert about red and grey squirrels and the expert said there are extremely rare black squirrels but he had never seen one. 

Geoff says to me, there's one in that bloody tree over there! 

He was right, we sat and watched for a while, there were 3 or 4 of them! 

Everyday is a school day etc.

They look a bit like rats with bushy tails to me though.

Eastern_Grey_Squirrel-black.jpg

17 hours ago, Rovorsche said:

Today I was cheered up by a Landrover Defender.
It was very shiny and made a fantastic throbby noise as it left the traffic lights in a brisk but not undignified manner.

Being curious I plumbed the number plate into some websites (DVLA and carbaba), "Petrol 6162cc" ?
Shirley there is a mistook, 6.2 litres ?

No, you can get your Defender to become Corvette powered https://www.neneoverland.co.uk/special-vehicles/6-2-ls-v8-conversion/
FITTED PRICE at Nene Overland £34,995+vat

The extra grin ?
It was signwritten as a plumbers van!

I MoT most of these beasts.Because of the fancy automatic gearboxes they fit I don't put them in the brake rollers , instead have to drive them to test the brakes with a decelerometer. People always look when I hit the loud pedal . If the exhaust exits just below the middle of the rear crossmember then it is LOUD.