What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just met one of my neighbours, three doors up, in his 80s, lived here since the 1970s.

After general pleasantries he informed me Britain would never succeed until it brought the old money back. We had been failing since we lost the shilling.

He then showed me his workshop/ garage, which contained a tidy Peugeot 406 saloon, brush-painted cobalt blue.

16 minutes ago, RoadworkUK said:

I had no idea those were there! I thought I was fairly familiar with the final CX dashboard design, but I clearly need to reappraise myself.

Depending on which Series 2 CX you're looking at, it could be anything from one (22 TRS) to four (GTi Turbo 2) readouts. If mine were anything to go by, those could be broken / failed readouts.

212676595_Screenshot_20201105-072813_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a4016311e194e041a4af3e1e750a8ffb.jpg

Ah yes the farting Boxer Dog 

I let ours have a fray bentos pie once , it was gone in 15s 

I used to take him in the truck with me , next day we set off for Glasgow,  a 9 hour round trip 

Got as far as Lancaster and he started getting restless , then the first fart 

Fuck me I'd never smelt anything like it, June , hot and stuck in a truck with a dogs rancid farts every 5 minutes for 9 hours , each one with the aroma of fray bentos pie and sh!t 

It was 23 years ago , to this day I've never cooked another fray bentos pie , even looking at them in the shop brings back the memory of the smell 

On 10/5/2020 at 10:26 AM, beko1987 said:

20201002_093910.thumb.jpg.804fcbc362a86dcac4c011948ed62b61.jpg

I can't look even remotely at mine! Plus side, it makes the dark light! 

Can't comment on the fuse as I cut some mega overkill flex offa shit extension lead so it has whatever it has! 

Have thought of putting a connector in the cable though, it's too much to stick on my cheap tripod. Would be neater to wrap it up somewhere else... 

Infact that's given me an idea... 

These are splendid; even if the inverters shit themselves I'll just daisychain them off whatever power supply I have lying around, a PC power supply would probably do it.

I was down my lockup at lunchtime and some old boy rolls into the garage with a set of these flapping from the wheels of his Honda Jazz.

He said he bought a Jazz and thought these would make it look jazzier. He had them fitted then when as soon as went around the first corner they broke free from the rim of the wheel and started flapping around like crazy. Looked GR8 on his Jazz 15 inch rims 😀

On 11/3/2020 at 9:36 AM, phil_lihp said:

After over a year of buildup, I finally passed my final MOD2 test yesterday, first try with only one minor for an indicator whoopsie.  This meant that the BMW F650CS that's been sat in my garage since last November finally got insured and out on the road with the last couple of hours of daylight. 

It's done little more than get started up and left idling for a few minutes every few weeks since I bought it last year, it took a few miles for it to clear its throat but once it'd warmed up and had some fresh fuel in it, it ran superbly.  Just in time for winter!

af92d78b-7a69-4fca-bfa2-1efce25d03ec.thumb.jpg.4ff4fef89ae350c087ed5b12768ebdc6.jpg

And yes I know double yellows, it was a brief stop to stretch legs and admire the view.  Extra points if you can identify the location.

Instow?

SeeIMG_20201107_094238.thumb.jpg.f56743a0d1390db4902f9deae8565139.jpg

I didn't know this photo existed. I think it's the 205 Junior belonging to my parents in law, taken about 20 years ago. Although I  had two 205s in that red about the same time. It's up in the Kerry Mountains, I think near the Gap of Dunloe.

Today was our 33rd anniversary,and I got the usual handmade card from my wife:- IMG_20201107_094331.thumb.jpg.b504203ce64f10d01248a100f5e3d07b.jpg