What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

16 hours ago, Wack said:

Comedy gold

The worst album covers of all time 

https://www.pocket-lint.com/apps/news/134579-worst-album-cover-art-of-all-time-you-won-t-believe-number-34

That has to be a bloke in a wig

889028698_Screenshot_20201031-042704_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b9443324a9d52d053263c77ae0a9bfe6.jpg

Out trumped 

Screenshot_20201031-043241_Samsung Internet.jpg

Was wondering when someone one here would find those! Here are some of my favourites:
20 worst album covers of 2018 - Rate Your Music
Totally not the worst song subject I've ever seen...
Worst Christian Album Cover Ever...And probably worst Christian album,  period? | Worst album covers, Music album cover, Cool album covers

Trumped by this man.
Funny and just plain weird album covers – Janet Carr @
What an album!

Fun fact, the guy with the bouffant hair is Wayne Cochran, soul singer. Seems that his hairdo is surprisingly not a wig either.

My mum’s old Fiesta is still on the road! She owned it for nearly 10 years, and part ex’d it last year for scrap money. It’s one of the first cars I ever drove, and one that I have a lot of fond childhood memories of, so it’s a nice surprise to see that it’s still being cared for by somebody. 

spacer.png

A photo of it just before she got rid. It looked far less presentable in person

spacer.png

On 10/31/2020 at 1:16 PM, cobblers said:

I've just won a 360bhp AWD Skoda Citigo from Darkside Developments competition! Fucking amazing!

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/citigo-4-motion-2-0-tdi-16v-common-rail/

I can swap it for 2nd prize (300bhp Ibiza) if I'd rather, they say

Edit: Holy shit:

Congratulations. That looks like fun!

This did not make be so much as grin as to say WTF?

The Metro in a Rotterdam (The Netherlands) suburb crashed through several stop blocks and onto a sculpture of  Whale tails.

Metro rijdt door stootblok nabij station De Akkers in Spijkenisse | Nieuws  op Beeld

Bizar: Metro knalt door stootblok en wordt tien meter boven de grond gered  door walvisstaart | Rotterdam | pzc.nl

The train had been in service, but at the time there were no passengers on board.

The reason for the tails is because the station is a few hundred metres up the line and this area of track are known at tails and are used for temporary storage of carriages. The driver was unhurt.

Finally managed to tackle the failing LCD displays in the CX:

20201017_165406.thumb.jpg.fb4c7991ef3bada3c787fcac2fd692fd.jpg

Trouble is that the heating/cooling over the years causes the LCD polarising filters to leak out, so you end up not having a black background for the digits so the displays become unreadable. Also the plastic casing goes brittle, so the screws lose their grip. Cannibalised bits from three half-broken units to make one good one:

20201017_184505.thumb.jpg.721b9a73c15dfb3d33c9bbb456d81148.jpg

The PCB itself is quite robust and doesn't seem to fail.

Anyhow, some fiddling with superglue and screwdrivers later and we had normal service.....

20201017_180038.thumb.jpg.6ad234172db3eb1263b34a627399dd4e.jpg

....although it now looks like the ambient temperature sensor thing has failed, giving me a temperature fit for the Equator rather than the 8 or 9 actual Celsius. Must locate the temperature sensor - someone told me it's mounted on a headlamp.

Still, all good for now.

20201017_181936.thumb.jpg.533d185cd98e83d0aa04c83d9e8b14be.jpg

Looking at cars in New Zealand.....this particular piece of shit keeps winking at me, currently listed as $500 in the wrecked cars section of TradeMe.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/wrecked-cars/listing/2838989275?bof=Dt6apnnx

Its 180km away from where I will be living so a three hour bus journey followed by a 180km drive home in a slippy clutched Impreza.  It’s tempting......and yes, in amongst my stuff is two and a half litres of RAL 5002 Ultramarine Blue Rustoleum Combicolor paint.  Any prizes for guessing where I am going with this?

CC58B034-6166-47F2-8A10-EE666ED63996.png

B9C011E5-1169-4B2F-8BC1-F02C7872C231.png

6AB9023F-86A0-40F7-B173-3C79B0702CCC.jpeg

Either way I need to commit to one of these as clutch kits, service parts, and timing belt kits are (pardon my French) fucking outrageously expensive there so I’d save a ton of cash buying them now and putting them in my shipping container.  I suppose ultimately if I don’t get one I could probably flog the parts at a profit through the small ads.  Decisions, decisions......

After over a year of buildup, I finally passed my final MOD2 test yesterday, first try with only one minor for an indicator whoopsie.  This meant that the BMW F650CS that's been sat in my garage since last November finally got insured and out on the road with the last couple of hours of daylight. 

It's done little more than get started up and left idling for a few minutes every few weeks since I bought it last year, it took a few miles for it to clear its throat but once it'd warmed up and had some fresh fuel in it, it ran superbly.  Just in time for winter!

af92d78b-7a69-4fca-bfa2-1efce25d03ec.thumb.jpg.4ff4fef89ae350c087ed5b12768ebdc6.jpg

And yes I know double yellows, it was a brief stop to stretch legs and admire the view.  Extra points if you can identify the location.

On 11/3/2020 at 10:02 AM, Conan said:

Dammit now everyone know I am actually a person and not just an imaginary construct or artificial intelligence. 😝

That you may be a construct of Hairnets vivid imagination is quite a scary thought ... plus of course we know you are real with the Shirt that was posted to you !