What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

When Kyle was a young'un (about 4 -5) he used to come in and wake me 'come on Daddy, wake up, it's mornin' time' because the night was no longer dark. What he didn't realise was that it got light at about 4:30 A.M. and I was in no mood to get up! By the time he was 10, getting him to bed was a nightmare but getting him up in the morning...was near impossible! Weekends I just let him get on with it - he'd be up watching kids TV, wrapped in his duvet witha couple of dogs on the sofa and a cup of tea he'd made himself... and a slack handful of custard creams.

Bastard wouldn't make me a cup of tea at any time and getting a custard cream off the sod was like extracting a tenner from a tramp!

1 hour ago, xtriple said:

the night was no longer dark.

We've just bought our kids a clock where you can set a daytime / nighttime colour change time, so they can watch the pictures of moon and see how long they need to stay in bed.Ā 

Ā 

The four year old got up yesterday and ran around the upstairs shouting "only one moon left, it's nearly time to get up but I must go back to bed!"Ā  This woke the two year old who then needed breakfast.

Lady next door has just brought me a HUGE slice of cake, cheesecake at that, because today is my birthday ( :)Ā  ) I have many, many presents including a new mattress (memory foam, effin' comfortable as I am laying on it now) a new hoover, and a new toilet seat! The toilet seat to replace the cracked one that was here when I moved in... 7 years ago! It was one of those that occasionally bit your arse which is not what you want when taking the strain!

I have made the effort (not that sort) and fitted it so afterĀ  two thirds of a decade of toilet dancing, I can sit and contemplate in peace and comfort :)Ā 

Also got socks and knickers etc, decided the dogs have bought me new wiper blades (Phoebe who is much more generous) and a can of Waxoyl from Chester who considers buying presents for anyone other than himself a total waste of money!

Mrs DS regaled a storyĀ  a story which I had never heard before of her being stuck in a DS which wouldn't start and some chap offering to give her a push start. They got up to walking speed and he instructed her toĀ  let the clutch up... to which she replied "it hasn't got a clutch pedal".

8 hours ago, Wack said:

Comedy gold

The worst album covers of all timeĀ 

https://www.pocket-lint.com/apps/news/134579-worst-album-cover-art-of-all-time-you-won-t-believe-number-34

That has to be a bloke in a wig

889028698_Screenshot_20201031-042704_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b9443324a9d52d053263c77ae0a9bfe6.jpg

Ā 

Out trumpedĀ 

Ā 

Screenshot_20201031-043241_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ā 

If you liked this post, then you will almost certainly enjoy the Mr Weird and Wacky Blog, where you can see and hear records by similar nutjobs.

Ā 

cover.jpeg

Ā 

38 minutes ago, cobblers said:

I've just won a 360bhp AWD Skoda Citigo from Darkside Developments competition! Fucking amazing!

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/citigo-4-motion-2-0-tdi-16v-common-rail/

Ā 

I can swap it for 2nd prize (300bhp Ibiza) if I'd rather, they say

Edit: Holy shit:

Ā 

Brilliant

Ā 

39 minutes ago, cobblers said:

I've just won a 360bhp AWD Skoda Citigo from Darkside Developments competition! Fucking amazing!

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/citigo-4-motion-2-0-tdi-16v-common-rail/

Ā 

I can swap it for 2nd prize (300bhp Ibiza) if I'd rather, they say

Edit: Holy shit:

Ā 

26 and 44 please

Ā