What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Anyone fancy being on the telly box? I received this message in response to an Omega I am breaking...they must be fucking desperate :) 

Hello there, I'm wondering if you could help me? I'm actually a TV Producer casting for a new TV show - think Location Location Location but with cars. We take car buyers, their budget and desires into consideration then hopefully find them the car of their dreams within their budget - on our new show. We're half way through the series and are wondering if you know anyone who'd be up for being on the show and letting us help them find a new car - on our new show for Discovery quest. Do you happen to know anyone? I appreciate this is random! Thanks, Shanie

36 minutes ago, omegod said:

Anyone fancy being on the telly box? I received this message in response to an Omega I am breaking...they must be fucking desperate :) 

Hello there, I'm wondering if you could help me? I'm actually a TV Producer casting for a new TV show - think Location Location Location but with cars. We take car buyers, their budget and desires into consideration then hopefully find them the car of their dreams within their budget - on our new show. We're half way through the series and are wondering if you know anyone who'd be up for being on the show and letting us help them find a new car - on our new show for Discovery quest. Do you happen to know anyone? I appreciate this is random! Thanks, Shanie

Autoshite TV, I've got a budget of £300, I want leather, V8, and be able to trace the history back through the last 10 owners... (or 3 months, whichever is longer)

My wife and I watched a film called Somersby with Jody Foster and Richard gere, I just got reminded about it.

For those that haven't seen it the basic story is

John is presumed dead after he fails to return from the Civil War. His wife, Laurel, is set to marry her neighbour, Orin Mecham, but her husband mysteriously returns after six years, only she isn't sure if it's her husband or not as she hasn't seen him for 6 years

After we'd watched it i said , well that was utter rubbish , how would she not know whether it was her husband or not

My wife disagreed thinking it could be possible so I asked if she could explain

Well, if you went off to war for 6 years and Richard Gere came back I wouldn't say anything either

1 hour ago, Wack said:

My wife and I watched a film called Somersby with Jody Foster and Richard gere, I just got reminded about it.

For those that haven't seen it the basic story is

John is presumed dead after he fails to return from the Civil War. His wife, Laurel, is set to marry her neighbour, Orin Mecham, but her husband mysteriously returns after six years, only she isn't sure if it's her husband or not as she hasn't seen him for 6 years

After we'd watched it i said , well that was utter rubbish , how would she not know whether it was her husband or not

My wife disagreed thinking it could be possible so I asked if she could explain

Well, if you went off to war for 6 years and Richard Gere came back I wouldn't say anything either

I have mental scars from that film, I took a stunning girl to see it and the fucker is a bout 3 hrs long and total tosh, film lasted longer than the relationship 

48 minutes ago, omegod said:

I have mental scars from that film, I took a stunning girl to see it and the fucker is a bout 3 hrs long and total tosh, film lasted longer than the relationship 

I'm a bit shocked to see it was 1993 , we had that conversation as we left the cinema 

That reminded me of a film I saw many years ago.

Wife was raped.

Soon after they were driving along a street and wife pointed to a man on the footpath and said, "that's him, that's the man who raped me".

Husband got out and tracked the man down through the city, eventually cornered him and exterminated the creep.

Back to the car where wife was sitting and drove on. 

A few minutes later wife pointed to a man on the footpath and said, "that's him, that's the man who raped me"

The film ended there as the husband slowly realised what he had done and the reality of wife's condition.

My mum's book is finally here! 🎉

My mum, who's a doctor, wrote a great book on the history of the hospital she's worked at for the past 25 years. Today we've finally received it in printed form, and it was really worth the wait. All uncertainty is finally over and we're thrilled about how the actual book came out.

There was a hat (looked like a trilby) in the road earlier, and as I was approaching on the opposite side, some bloke got off his mobility scooter and ran like fuck back down the pavement to retrieve it.  A split second later it got ran over by an HGV. 

10 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

There was a hat (looked like a trilby) in the road earlier, and as I was approaching on the opposite side, some bloke got off his mobility scooter and ran like fuck back down the pavement to retrieve it.  A split second later it got ran over by an HGV. 

We've got one like that round here, claiming all the benefits available, even had a bungalow converted, gets carers and nurses home visits (and offers them cash for other services.... yes those ones!!!) rides a mobility scooter to the pub gets pissed walks home 😡😡😡

Good week in my household. Monday son passed his driving test 1st time. Tuesday daughter passed her dtiving test 1st time. Wednesday I got given this:

IMG_20201014_172107.thumb.jpg.7eeb1f78fdfdb93e33207edb9f5c8c6e.jpg

Which was attached to this:

IMG_20201014_172118.thumb.jpg.b284c9f2982e307cdcff597b28db6dc3.jpg

Result! It's only done 192k miles!! The history file is an inch thick and there are some eye watering bills in there. She is an absolute peach and a credit to the gent who gave it to me. 

Depot manager has let me know I am being seconded to be a supervisor as of 7th November. 6 months period to see if a) a third supervisor is needed and b) in charge of trade waste crews and overseeing new business waste & recycling schemes.

9-5 tuesday to friday and 6-2 Saturdays + loads of opportunity for overtime.

Increase of £4k salary which would be most beneficial.

10 minutes ago, Borsuq said:

I'm sure this has been posted, but it always makes me laugh.

comment_1602765152QihD1hi7F6xjR7vRdiVprh.thumb.jpg.2306736275b532295833be414b643e52.jpg

I'm pretty convinced the Maestro was worth the extra cash. ;D

Mate at Uni had an FSO like that one, it wouldn’t ever set the world on fire but it was reliable, if a little thirsty, motor for many years.

I've just seen an orange woman in ASDA  ,she walked towards us , we both looked at each other with the same WTF look ,I was dying to take a picture but Mrs wack gave me the don't you effing dare look 

I was 100% convinced she was wearing one of these joke masks, but no that was what she'd paid good money to achieve,  why would anybody do that to themselves , she was about 25 

1371634727_Screenshot_20201016-200132_SamsungInternet.jpg.31a2f1ee0aa9f47ef866081d573cc80e.jpgshe rolled up to the next till , bright orange with the real version 

24 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I was just idly checking the latest Pre 1963 Age related registrations on the DVLA as you do

image.thumb.png.6314cd274ade1143b0ba090c282515bb.png

and I  think I have just come across someones freshly road-registered tank if google is to be believed? 

Someone, somewhere is about to have a muddy weekend of fun! And many many trips to the esso