What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 9/17/2020 at 4:23 PM, Wack said:

Just won a hens teeth large disklok on ebay for the opening bid of £40  because you don't spell it disclock , result :D

On 9/18/2020 at 11:35 AM, Aston Martin said:

We're you searching for Dick lock again?

I suspect he was actually searching for something like this:

s-l400.jpg.9a1a2ede6be0b87f67f364b84729a80a.jpg

In other news, if you want to spend nearly thirteen minutes yuck-yucking and fnarr-fnarring, with the occasional 'that's what she said' and 'as the actress said to the bishop' thrown in for good measure, here you go:

CoN8PHFW8AAa6fb.jpg.777dee7bb2982cab95f5d04838fc80c6.jpg

The DVLA! 

Rang to chase up a V5 application from months ago, had missed something off the form and they've sent a letter saying it'll be sent out in early October. Not only that, they've sorted one application out quickly AND sent me a letter with a new V5 for one of my bikes saying it should have been registered as 'historic' and they'll refund the tax I paid. Knew at the time it was tax free but CBA applying for the V5 to state that.  

further to the grump at me needing to buy some new clothes, i have recently had a win doing this thankless task.

i have had to buy some new bottom coverings cos some of my other pants had passed their best.

again as i don't want to be bothered with the shops and other people, i ordered some on line.

2 pairs in the correct style but in a coffee colour in place of my usual black, cos the black ones were a few quid dearer were duly ordered.

they arrived towards the end of last week. right size, right (horrible) colour but a different style, and there were 4 of them not the 2 expected.

well these new pants do the job just fine, and the 4-packs are something like a tenner more than what i was expecting, so, win, win for me!!

18 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Looks like it. My mother isn't the one holdimg me. I'm not sure who the other woman is.

They're probably asking for some  plumbing advice .

"So if I fitted a new radiator in the bathroom do I have to drain the full system??"

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

This just popped up as a fb memory. Me getting christened in 1972. I wonder whose the mg was.

Screenshot_20200922-082309_Facebook.jpg

It was registered in your name, as some sort of bizare money laundering scheme by your Grandad and was sold to pay for your private education at Harrow. 

Or it belonged to your real father and he was later convicted of spying for the Russians 

10 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

further to the grump at me needing to buy some new clothes, i have recently had a win doing this thankless task.

i have had to buy some new bottom coverings cos some of my other pants had passed their best.

again as i don't want to be bothered with the shops and other people, i ordered some on line.

2 pairs in the correct style but in a coffee colour in place of my usual black, cos the black ones were a few quid dearer were duly ordered.

they arrived towards the end of last week. right size, right (horrible) colour but a different style, and there were 4 of them not the 2 expected.

well these new pants do the job just fine, and the 4-packs are something like a tenner more than what i was expecting, so, win, win for me!!

Well, that's just a load of pants !

27 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Silver Cross prams seem to be status symbols, for some unfathomable reason.

i think back in the olden dayz it was a silver cross pram or nothing.

i was wheeled around in one, as was my sister after me, 

and my cousins had used it before me and our kid, incidentally my sister had one of her own to push "dolly" about in too.

i suspect it went on to to carry the younger cousin around too.

again, that was the way of the world then.

On 9/19/2020 at 6:44 PM, MikeR said:

apparently st Lukes road in Formby will be well parked up in the morning ....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6058552/handsome-new-vicar-excites-locals/

I was married in that church.  By a celebrity* vicar called Reverend Moon. 

8 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Silver Cross prams seem to be status symbols, for some unfathomable reason.

Agreed but we were on holiday in London, from Sweden, and needed transport for the baby.  Had to fold to go on the plane back.

It was a very affordable price and rugged, lasted for three of the five.  Not sure what happened to it after that.