What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

No picture sadly.

I took my dog out and saw a front door open with a home made security dog guard at the bottom. It was only about a ft high. Bizarrely a dog came running up the hall way barking.

It was a sausage dog then the height of the gate made sense. The dog was jumping up a bit and it's front legs only got an inch off the ground.

A bit like the dog pictured.

ca02f0e6d0cc2bfa187de33b9565b61e.JPG

44 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Failed on one major. Not looking in mirror when changing direction. She's in a queue of 143'352 to re book.

Gah what a pisser! 

I failed on my test as I got beeped at. Couldn't fit down a filter lane in Wycombe. 

Of course once passed and using the road normally I learnt that every car bumps up the kerb as the roads not wide enough for the lanes... Think I also fucked up a triple mini roundabout which I still hate to this day, and although I've not been over it in years now, just paced myself so I could join it empty and almost straight line all 3.

Obv you can't tell her that! Just make the head movements more blatent. I adjusted the mirrors ever so slightly off centre so I had to move my head to see, rather than have them bang on as I (and I expect you) do now so a quick flick of the eyes makes you 70% confident before going for the manoeuvre. 

2 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Obv you can't tell her that! Just make the head movements more blatent. I adjusted the mirrors ever so slightly off centre so I had to move my head to see, rather than have them bang on as I (and I expect you) do now so a quick flick of the eyes makes you 70% confident before going for the manoeuvre. 

That reminds me of my hgv class 1 trainer. Really exaggerate the head movement so they know.

I also made a little "oops" noise once and he looked over and asked if I'd crossed my arms. I had. He told me if I was saying stuff I may as well say "I'm a driving god" etc. Yeah cool story bro.

1 hour ago, Agila said:

No picture sadly.

I took my dog out and saw a front door open with a home made security dog guard at the bottom. It was only about a ft high. Bizarrely a dog came running up the hall way barking.

It was a sausage dog then the height of the gate made sense. The dog was jumping up a bit and it's front legs only got an inch off the ground.

Yeah, those long wheelbase dogs aren't the most agile of things.

The Lanchester started first pull of the knob and let me have a drive around.  Me!  Normally it doesn't want to acknowledge my existence.  Can confirm, brakes are shockingly out of adjustment and need herculean effort to get even an almost-adequate response.  Pre-selector surprisingly intuitive too.

Obviously it's now all in bits because I'm doing the coolant change which is going about as well as the oil change did but still, I don't care, my car permitted me to pilot it so I'm well chuffed.

Just got back from a couple of nights away with Miss_155.Found some great diecast at a car boot,picked up some free lowering springs for the Puma,and spent the afternoon at Marwell Zoo.

Home now,tired & happy,& I've still got the rest of the week off ?

Saw a Fiat 125p with BIF 4417 plates. Almost lost my shit.

To explain my excitement, here's a photo my Polonez:

20200907104933_IMG_1736.thumb.jpg.2a060e4f924851bd59e84db7758da357.jpg

They stopped giving out black plates in the year 2000, to find another FSO product that's been registered within weeks of my Polonez in 1995 and not re-registered since is extremely unexpected to say the least.

Unfortunately, didn't manage to grab a photo of the 125. :(

8 hours ago, Agila said:

No picture sadly.

My sister's old neighbours had a Dachshund, he had an enormous deep bark for such a small dog. They are usually quite feisty, I like them.

16 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Gah what a pisser! 

I failed on my test as I got beeped at. Couldn't fit down a filter lane in Wycombe. 

Of course once passed and using the road normally I learnt that every car bumps up the kerb as the roads not wide enough for the lanes... Think I also fucked up a triple mini roundabout which I still hate to this day, and although I've not been over it in years now, just paced myself so I could join it empty and almost straight line all 3.

I failed my first test because of not looking in my mirrors enough. Total bollocks I was constantly aware of doing it. I'd moved the rear  mirror to make it obvious.

I reckon he failed me as I was in my own car. A nine year old 1982 beige metro 1.0 hle with over 100k on the clock.

Took my 2nd test in an instructors car and passed no bother.

22 hours ago, paulplom said:

Failed on one major. Not looking in mirror when changing direction. She's in a queue of 143'352 to re book.

Did she say "but my Dad always drives like that"?

I have a theory that they give the confident and capable drivers a first time fail just to make them more careful.

Glorious unforcast sunny day here in the Peoples Paradise Of Cornwall and I was outside painting a new field shelter when I heard the unmistakable noise of a Merlin.Sure enough a Spitfire grumbled past heading west.Do love a Merlin.?. Edit,just as I was typing he came back heading east.Excellent.

On 08/09/2020 at 16:17, Dan the van said:

Glorious unforcast sunny day here in the Peoples Paradise Of Cornwall and I was outside painting a new field shelter when I heard the unmistakable noise of a Merlin.Sure enough a Spitfire grumbled past heading west.Do love a Merlin.?. Edit,just as I was typing he came back heading east.Excellent.

E21A24A2-62DB-418F-ADF6-E2F723682F67.jpeg

CD96D10A-C205-48DA-B5F0-EB764140D1A6.jpeg

7DE7D438-504D-47DC-B073-9C0F4CCDDB85.jpeg