What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, gm said:

how the bloody hell do BP expect to sell any fuel ? oddly enough, the pumps were in use, strange folks round 'ere

IMG_3215.thumb.JPG.7f20916684670292c9bb2adf2f536a4b.JPG

That's actually quite reasonably priced by BP standards. You should see BP and Esso pump prices in my area at the moment - more like 120p+ per litre.

Funny how many filling stations have ramped up their prices to higher than pre-lockdown levels....

1 hour ago, gm said:

how the bloody hell do BP expect to sell any fuel ? oddly enough, the pumps were in use, strange folks round 'ere

We would kill for fuel that cheap around here. It's usually floating at 114p all the way to 120p on some days.

5 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

We would kill for fuel that cheap around here. It's usually floating at 114p all the way to 120p on some days.

it's a penny cheaper again at the asda half a mile down the road, where I filled up on dizzel at 1.127/l earlier :)  

but we're poor northerners that spend all our money on pies and beer !

watching some "inside fast food" thing on Channel 4,cos Kerry likes that kinda thing.

they are in China doing something about noodles.

trying instant noodles  from this country with proper chinese ones.

they don't like them from the UK! and lest face it the chinese will eat any damn thing, assuming they can get it in a wok!

so Red Dwarf were right, even when its down to a choice between dog food and a pot noodle, the dog food gets eaten first!

4 hours ago, gm said:

114.9p/l in BP but 108.7p/l in Morrisons down here.

Everything is so much more expensive down South... ?? 

I think BP users are often fuel card holders. Also BP probably do Super where as Morrisons don't. 

watching fantomworks - theyve got in a 1970 opel kadett coupe

chap tells dan what he wants and its all mechanical - clutch needs doing bushes brakes - oh theres a dent in the wing where his missus dodged a flying cart and instead of running her over it got the car :D

dan is like wtf

he opens the bonnet and its like 1971 - its mint - dan says this is how cars leave here not arrive - he said it was 90% mint

madness - not like the one i posted here they wanted 3k for and it was holier than pope francis :D

47 minutes ago, SiC said:

I think BP users are often fuel card holders. Also BP probably do Super where as Morrisons don't. 

Seems about right with the BP fuel card and super- I bunged £15 worth of Morrisons' liquid dinosaur into the car earlier after looking at the price, funnily enough!

48 minutes ago, SiC said:

I had to stop last weekend travelling south to north to top up the tanks on the autobahn muncher and paid 1.27 a litre!!!! Admittedly motorway prices but had no choice due to the consumption rate of the old girl.....

On 8/21/2020 at 8:50 PM, omegod said:

I was getting an MOT done yesterday and while waiting a lycra clad yummy mummy came in all tits and arse hanging out, flapping as the low oil light had come on on her 19 plate SUV and she had a low tyre, the lads were falling over each other to help and happily added a litre or two of expensive Shell Helix snazzy bollocks oil and sorted her tyre," no charge love", "anytime love"  

Fuck all discount for me like :) 

Dress like her next time !

Seeing a Dutch registered YRV absolutely spanking it down the outside lane of the M1, pushing stuff out of the way, and in the same journey, clocking a Renault 50 wrecker, travelling in the opposite direction.

It wasn’t the black (iirc) one that has been posted on here, either. Another fwiend in waiting, for X Bollocks.

28 minutes ago, Out Run said:

Seeing a Dutch registered YRV absolutely spanking it down the outside lane of the M1, pushing stuff out of the way

I love seeing this too, happens on the m40, especially around show season! I just try not to be in l2 as it happens as the frightened audi/merc/bmw becomes unpredictable...