What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

51Zd6krsL7L._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,Bott

I just got this book there's some fantastically dull car trivia in it.

Some examples are:

Rolls Royce developed a 4 cam 5 litre v8 to replace the 6.75 litre engine and fitted it to a Chevy Caprice to test it. The project was cancelled and the car was sold and is still supposed to exist.

Modern Lexus's electric windows slow down at the top of their travel inspired by the Japanese etiquette for closing sliding doors a unobtrusively as possible during a tea ceremony.

On 8/20/2020 at 4:12 PM, Tenmil Socket said:

That filing cabinet doesn't look safe!

chap at work did similar with a 15 drawer cabinet

1 never seen him move so fast (said the person who saw it on camera)

2 lucky he wasnt a pancake

3 theres a funny stain on the floor in front of said cabinet

4 minutes ago, hairnet said:

chap at work did similar with a 15 drawer cabinet

1 never seen him move so fast (said the person who saw it on camera)

2 lucky he wasnt a pancake

3 theres a funny stain on the floor in front of said cabinet

In relation to 3, has anyone carried out a sniff test?

13 hours ago, Wack said:

That brings back a memory from back in the day when people queued for the cinema , 1978 , I had to wait in a queue for 2 hours to get in to see it because my girlfriend desperately wanted to see Grease.

The queue was still  more than the cinema's capacity when we came out 

when i was little my dad took me to the ABC in Middlesbrough to see Star Trek - The Motion Picture.

having queued up around the building for an age, the Usher came out and told us waiting outside that they were full.

we went to the Odeon instead and watched Snow White......

5 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

when i was little my dad took me to the ABC in Middlesbrough to see Star Trek - The Motion Picture.

having queued up around the building for an age, the Usher came out and told us waiting outside that they were full.

we went to the Odeon instead and watched Snow White......

I can feel the crushing disappointment. 

my parents have had the grand daughters up for a few days "holiday"

mainly i think cos our Catherine has had them stuck at  home since March.

apart from their cat just about leaving home cos kitty, who  is the most timid thing you will ever, evermeet, cannot do with the noise, disruption and "petting" the girls lavish on him.

my dad also took them out fishing in the boat.

the eldest (Grace who is 13) eventuially got very,very seasick.

head over the side, hurlling, the while thing,

the younger one (Lucy 11) was initially "supportive" and holding her sisters hair back outta the way. that sort of thing.

well at first...... eventually she kinda snapped, "this isn't fun any more, will you just fuckin' pull yourself together!!"

our kid must be so proud...... siblings don't you just love them!

I was getting an MOT done yesterday and while waiting a lycra clad yummy mummy came in all tits and arse hanging out, flapping as the low oil light had come on on her 19 plate SUV and she had a low tyre, the lads were falling over each other to help and happily added a litre or two of expensive Shell Helix snazzy bollocks oil and sorted her tyre," no charge love", "anytime love"  

Fuck all discount for me like :) 

34 minutes ago, omegod said:

I was getting an MOT done yesterday and while waiting a lycra clad yummy mummy came in all tits and arse hanging out, flapping as the low oil light had come on on her 19 plate SUV and she had a low tyre, the lads were falling over each other to help and happily added a litre or two of expensive Shell Helix snazzy bollocks oil and sorted her tyre," no charge love", "anytime love"  

Fuck all discount for me like :) 

Should have got your own flaps out, there'd have been no charge, but possibly charges... 

2 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I remember queueing up for Star Wars. Also Octopussy in Leicester Square. 

Cinema queues were a real thing! Film that had biggest impact on me was 'A star is born'. With friends, went for burger after but didn't say much for an hour. Happy days (?)

9 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Cinema queues were a real thing! Film that had biggest impact on me was 'A star is born'. With friends, went for burger after but didn't say much for an hour. Happy days (?)

Also in 1983, on holiday in Malaysia, I queued up outside one of Kuala Lumpur's biggest cinemas to see Return Of The Jedi.

19 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I remember queueing up for Star Wars. Also Octopussy in Leicester Square. 

I watched Star Wars in the USAF  cinema of Wright Patterson Air force Base in Dayton Ohio, the year before it was released in the UK. I had deadful jet lag, as a 10 year old. attending my Sisters wedding to a Captain in The US Army.  We stayed in a motel on the base, because his father was in the air force and got us subsidised accomodation. 

Also got to buy a skateboard on the way home in the biggest apartment store in Chicago.  I was the only kid in school with a skateboard.