What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The other night her indoors causally mentioned that the Avensis needed its wheels balancing as its been vibrating the last few days.

20200731_180341.thumb.jpg.327f932ca09f870c0af6e39e1c793614.jpg

20200731_180447.thumb.jpg.ca3e02a4b6993f6c5d23eebc4044af25.jpg

20200731_180610.thumb.jpg.d1ebfe13d6621f8d3b9803d9d57e08f3.jpg

There's your problem.

Fair play though the ten year old Kenda chinky tyre had held its shape and its air despite a 75mm M8 bolt going in balls deep between the tread and the carcass.

4 hours ago, Joey spud said:

The other night her indoors causally mentioned that the Avensis needed its wheel balancing as its been vibrating the last few days.

Fair play though the ten year old Kenda chinky tyre had held its shape and its air despite a 75mm M8 bolt going in balls deep between the tread and the carcass.

I hope it wasn't a bolt that you had 'lost'

7 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

I hope it wasn't a bolt that you had 'lost'

http://messybeast.com/dragonqueen/real-haynes.htm

Haynes: Locate securing bolt.
Translation: Remember that worrying noise when you drove along the A38 last summer? That's where you'll find the securing bolt.

resturant in the hotel is sctsch but italian inspired :D

so will it be haggis lasagne

or fusili and neeps?

edit some of the pizzas had haggis

some of the ravioli had haggis in it :D

had the calamari and a pizza (burp)

real italians running the kitchen talking and running about at 150 mph even tho it was quiet :D

mille grazie

I was watching 'I Love 1984' on BBC2 last night and in a clip of the show 'Tucker's Luck' I spotted this Rover P5B, looked up the reg expecting it to be either made up or if real, the car would be long dead, but no, still showing as taxed and Googling the registration brings up some pictures of it looking in great shape

roverp5.jpg

Finally found time to take the Fiat out for a short drive. The Polonez is really helping me fully appreciate how much I like driving that thing. They're polar opposites - the Polonez drives like a lorry, while the 126 is almost a gokart. It's absolutely fantastic.

No photos from today's drive, but here's a couple I took last autumn:

IMG_20190907_123916.thumb.jpg.3256b80894ea38d36fdd4d1f7d9f7f57.jpg

IMG_20190907_124956.thumb.jpg.aeceabfea50ed10cb664d142329e1029.jpg

Also, if anyone cares, I ended up stuffing the joint in my mum's Civic with regular moly grease. I'm currently in the process of consuming enough alcohol to forget that it's technically not correct. :P

16 minutes ago, Andyrew said:

South African import^^

South African Taxi/bus. 

I say this because on the out skirts of every small town, there would be a gathering of people.  A pick up would stop and 10 of them would pile into the back and go off into town or out into the farms.