outlaw118

3 hours ago, PhilA said:

Let's see

Driving a car with Deep South rebel livery through a city with these stats:

Black or African American: 59.74% White: 33.99% Asian: 2.90%

Yeah, that's a really great idea...

Phil

That is a sensible conclusion.

Also suggest you avoid driving through cities in the deep South that are full of zombies...

Oh, go on then...

1 hour ago, cort1977 said:

Indeed.  It's 'For Fuck's Sake' - the sake belongs to Fuck.

Glad that's settled.

(It's not easy being a grammar pedant)

It could also be fucks' if it was of several fucks not just the one; although, I think it would then be more correct to be for fucks' sakes, as their would probably be more than one sake, belonging to different fucks.

10 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Looks nice.  Could you not remove the front number plate plinth though (assuming you're in a state which doesn't require front plates)?  It'd improve the looks and increase the top speed to, ooh, 164 at least.

I could but it would leave 2 holes in the bumper and the plinth has likely made a big dent in the paint around it's edge. So, we don't need the front plate here, it's a Texas car where they do need them.

Phil

Edit: 20200720_074528.thumb.jpg.6f3562e3a97d50224e87ae2423063c83.jpg

Better? The holes aren't level and there are 3 of them because whoever put that on ignored the two dimples in the plastic that show you where to screw and instead went at it like a humping dog.

I will either paint the screws orange or find some smaller  plugs to go in.

yesterday i made a "deal" with Kerry, i will paint their shed, if she fixes the blown tail lamp on the Rover 75.

that ight has been out for sometime, cos, well  it's just a tail lamp, not an indicator or brake lamp, and the car is an estate, and the Rover design for the back lamps on the 75 estate is shit.

not shite, just plain shit.

2 screws in flimsy bracket things, that always break and 2 stupid ball things in plastic cups, that too always break.

i have got the better deal,i think. 

only kerry starts the Rover, goes round the back of the car and gave the  lamp cluster a sharp rap with her knuckle, Fonzie style and the lamp now works.....

and it took me a good couple of hours to paint that shed.

that will teach me........

New member on the GT86 forum. Should they buy a Scirocco or a GT86.

Yes, because you compare a rear wheel drive, bespoke coupe with a Golf in a fancy frock.

Apparently they've looked at tuning prices and it's expensive to make an 86 fast.

I've kept my opinions to myself.

I'm guessing if they want a VW they won't like the interior of the 86, which has about as many modern accoutrements as a 17th century prison cell.

BT wanted £262 disconnection fee because I am ending my contract early. They have this bizarre (and no doubt financially lucrative) practice of issuing a new contract if you change anything in your package. Even if the change has no effect on the monthly fee.

I wrote a polite email to their complaints department, and just had a call from a woman, who I must say had the most delightful.Irish accent, telling me they have waived the disconnection fee.

SAS Freeze Release Spray. Amazing stuff, helped me remove a time expired old anti roll bar drop link in the time it took to find an 18mm socket. For reference I've previously found it more expedient to cut the effing things off with a grinder.

Fun fact; the actual SAS sometimes use this stuff to help release hostages in rescue situations, it's that good!

In the 4 years I've had / known the Rover 25 gti there's been this type of button on the centre console

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3_I4_wSglpHl_2u5wW6_6Bsjo52slP3CSM51mZ5ClUA0So4Lt33sbBZ1XLAmVBmLbbpN33T6xGGSHEkiJq2-CdYuP_Josdr48Z4G9ZQ-s&usqp=CAE

I've seen it, pressed it, it does nothing, I forget about it.

Changed the alternator a couple of weeks back and when I removed the belt I saw it had an aircon pump!!!  Mentioned it to a mate who's borrowed it in the past and he gave me a can of gas for it today, so I bunged it in and it only bloody works.  I seriously don't know how I've never noticed it before or even cared enough to find out what that button was meant to do, but it blows icy cold now, result.

Best sort the brakes out and get it mot'ed.

On 7/21/2020 at 10:42 PM, Sunny Jim said:

Succinct health and safety advice on my mate's CNC plasma cutter.

IMG_20200719_141832.thumb.jpg.4446c65d40f2181efe0ec3146fe61ac6.jpg

IMG_20200719_141839.thumb.jpg.de13b149400c14945f2637edec721708.jpg

I'm 100% that my metalwork teacher, pretty much said the same thing to 100 or so 11 year old boys every September. 

Without the spelling mistakes. 

And when on a 2 Day machinery risk assessment course at the Health and Safety Executive in Buxton, that was pretty much the tone. 

5 hours ago, New POD said:

I'm 100% that my metalwork teacher, pretty much said the same thing to 100 or so 11 year old boys every September. 

Without the spelling mistakes. 

And when on a 2 Day machinery risk assessment course at the Health and Safety Executive in Buxton, that was pretty much the tone. 

They aren't spelling mistakes,  they are deliberate.

AvE (check his yt channel) makes and sells them on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/689872923/warning-stickers

il_794xN.1856103285_5qrh.jpg

1 hour ago, catsinthewelder said:

I've got a work trip abroad next week ?

Is it too ambitious to try and drive to Berlin in one hit? 863 miles from here ?

Heading back midweek with an empty van if anyone needs to import something cheaply. ?

No problem, caffeine pills or similar on standby just in case ?

Crawley to Malaga in one hit after a full day at work.... Not to be recommended 

3 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Crawley to Malaga in one hit after a full day at work.... Not to be recommended 

Jesus! Although at least you are at the right end of the country, we in the Shire have to travel at least an hour just to get to the nearest motorway. Or a road without grass growing down the middle of it.  

I've got a work trip abroad next week
Is it too ambitious to try and drive to Berlin in one hit? 863 miles from here
Heading back midweek with an empty van if anyone needs to import something cheaply.
I did 820 miles in one go from Newcastle to France. Including a few hours on the ferry. I was proper hallucinating towards the end. Very trippy.

11 minutes ago, paulplom said:
5 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:
I've got a work trip abroad next week emoji41.png
Is it too ambitious to try and drive to Berlin in one hit? 863 miles from here emoji2957.png
Heading back midweek with an empty van if anyone needs to import something cheaply. emoji6.png

I did 820 miles in one go from Newcastle to France. Including a few hours on the ferry. I was proper hallucinating towards the end. Very trippy.

2 of us drove to Stuttgart in a Day

Left Birmingham, at 8am, arrived in My sister house at 2am. 

My dad started driving like it was a video game and had to swap over.  Not a great idea.