What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

17 hours ago, Wack said:

concorde is done, it'd probably be cheaper to design a new one than get one back in the air now 

The main reason they grounded Concorde was to stop Phil Collins travelling to perform at charity concerts.

Concorde was the future, but apart from flagship status it's a bit pointless these days.

On 7/5/2020 at 5:46 PM, Zelandeth said:

I like making filthy things shiny.

IMG_20200704_172656.thumb.jpg.7a86846f069dd0c0734c32d09e0f2af7.jpg

Jaguar Design Office, 1983:

Alright lads, the management has given us this project, it's all about economy and making a few quid because the economy is a bit tight.

*Crowd of engineers scoffs*

Alright, alright, calm down. So, this paper calls for a *checks paper again* single cylinder engine with an eye towards fuel economy and, uh, reliability.

*Muffled grumbles*

Yeah, yeah. Now, the board want the prototype ready by the end of the week. Go on. No overtime either!

*2 weeks pass*

20200708_092608.thumb.jpg.dd6729cb3de1997af666ece452099553.jpg

8 minutes ago, paulplom said:

I had Owen at work again today. Him and his sister will be 15 and 8 respectively on the 30th of this month.
I've treat him to his first tool box on the way home. A big step in the plumbing and car shite world.
df9a7fb741537420c7ece62b2de05bab.jpg

Awww I remember my first toolbox! Give it 6 months and one of those fancy top covers will be broken and the bottom inch will be full of old random washers, nuts, crimps and shite. 

You gonna be a good uncle and fill it with tools for him too? 

We bought Kyle a Halfords toolbox FULL of tools for Christmas one year. He was 'pleased' I think... Now, he loves it (the toolbox!) and uses it constantly and just adds to it as and when, which was the idea. It was a bloody expensive kit as well as it has socket sets and ratchet spanners as well as normal ones and a jolly decent set of good quality screwdrivers.

Not forgetting the BIG hammer... never forget the hammer!

1: Someone has just uploaded torrents of all the serieses of "Police Camera Action" and "Police Stop!". I can't wait to watch them, there's gonna be some right old chod being joyridden.

2: Opened a letter from the bank this afternoon which essentially read: "Almost 2 years ago, we made a single digit error on a letter that you ripped up and threw away immediately without even reading. As such, we've refunded you £523.21".

Jackpot!

1 hour ago, cobblers said:

1: Someone has just uploaded torrents of all the serieses of "Police Camera Action" and "Police Stop!". I can't wait to watch them, there's gonna be some right old chod being joyridden.

2: Opened a letter from the bank this afternoon which essentially read: "Almost 2 years ago, we made a single digit error on a letter that you ripped up and threw away immediately without even reading. As such, we've refunded you £523.21".

Jackpot!

5 minutes in:

"Towing any kind of load requires extra care. The driver with this boat must be mad to pass a book whilst on the move! Such stupid shortcuts put other peoples lives at risk"

image.thumb.png.d67d4aba8509c21fcf7e82dae2b03181.png

The good old days old motoring offences. 

15 minutes ago, cobblers said:

5 minutes in:

"Towing any kind of load requires extra care. The driver with this boat must be mad to pass a book whilst on the move! Such stupid shortcuts put other peoples lives at risk"

image.thumb.png.d67d4aba8509c21fcf7e82dae2b03181.png

The good old days old motoring offences. 

Ah you found the episodes too! I've been watching loads recently. Several Metros have been harmed already.

3 hours ago, cobblers said:

Jackpot!

funnily enough I binged watched a whole bunch of PCA episodes on youtube recently

theres one youtuber who recorded them to DVD from the telly instead of to VHS, so they are actually somewhat better quality then most of the uploads out there from what I have seen

heres his capture of the liver run for example :) (shame the police stop episode on the liver run is not on youtube im curious how it compares)

indeed spotting all the old chod in them has been quite fun! 

On 6/30/2020 at 8:39 PM, LightBulbFun said:

image.thumb.png.f5ccb8aeb302c4b340b2f46cc0d4d4fe.png

Oh hello! shame they blurred the reg plate...

(one thing I noticed is they only tend to blur the number plate of the car committing an offence etc so I have to wonder if that Model 70 driver got slapped with a bus lane fine or something as thats what they where talking about in general during that scene... LOL)