What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

As part of my job, I have to take a Coronavirus test before being allowed to join the next boat. Keep in mind, a failure (ie having it) would cost me that trip meaning no pay and probably any remaining work for the rest of the year. Of course, if they manage without me this year, chances are they will manage without me full stop. No pressure then. Whilst at home I take all precautions, limiting my exposure to others etc, but I have to take international flights via busy airports where I have no control. Yesterday I took my second test.

Results just through, negative! Phew. I would go for a celebrationary beer except I am still required to isolate until joining the boat. Oh, and it is 13 quid for a beer........

I'm sure that was an Eastenders plotline with Michel brothers. 

I knew someone who used to be involved in a UK race team that managed to get a US 24 hour race, unfortunately their only engine blew up in practice, they went and hired a yank tank with the same engine, swapped it into the race car, did the race, swapped it back and returned it with about 20 miles driven running like a wreck...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, busmansholiday said:
6 hours ago, Saabnut said:

.... I would go for a celebrationary beer except I am still required to isolate until joining the boat. Oh, and it is 13 quid for a beer........

They wouldn't need to worry about social distancing in this country if they charged prices like that.

Only a matter of time before a pint reaches 13 quid in London.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:19 AM, SRi05 said:

The wee prick who shot out my wheelie bin when I opened it the other morning wasn't popular with me, nearly pat my shants

At least it was light, imagine if you'd opened the lid in the dark and something jumped out on you

On 7/3/2020 at 2:30 AM, Austat said:

The Car of Tomorrow from 1971. A lot of the high-end tech is considered standard equipment nowadays, but it's funny to see it in something from BL.

That was great.

One thing though, does the car now employ any sensors? 

I just woke up from a very strange dream.

It was a mishmash of places rolled into one but in my dream it was my house. I dreamed that my mother spent £70 on this massive old Ransomes wood chipper machine, which was the size of a small bus, steam powered and had it shipped here for £1400.

It ran ok, I picked up a log the size of my leg and threw it at the machine (arbitrarily, not anywhere like a funnel) and that action turned the wood into so much matchsticks.

Then it stopped working and somehow it had grown an electronic control board, with buttons the same as the T1 test set on the switching room at work, and relays behind plexiglass that weren't working right. 

Someone came troubleshoot with me (don't know who it was) and then it all wouldn't work and I woke up.

That's the last time I read up on fuel injection control for old engines when I'm tired.

Phil

3 hours ago, hairnet said:

just catching the end of epic gameshow on itv and theyve just won a mini - the gameshow was bullseye and one of the dartboard prizes earlier was a hostess trolley :D

should the car not have been an issigonis mini :D

I wanted a new teasmaid, but Alan snatched (fnar) it

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

what the actual!?!?!!?!?!?!!?

6:50

carrera gt mclaren yes

dodge/plymouth/etc WTF

WHY????????

@PhilA i know the aversion to metric is fair enough but this???

nuts

The Pontiac is the same. It was common here until the late seventies.

Phil