What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

3 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Squirrels seem to be popular with advertising agencies at the moment, with animated ones starring in Marmite and Lynx adverts.

The wee prick who shot out my wheelie bin when I opened it the other morning wasn't popular with me, nearly pat my shants

9 hours ago, PhilA said:

Just arrived home. Reset the trip 36 miles away and drove the journey.

20200701_193750.thumb.jpg.148e3d03cc66b7f022939f9748cc47ed.jpg

31.3 US, which is 37.5 UK MPG.

Big cars with big engines are very inefficient, obviously.

Phil

Yessum, Miss Daisy.

1 hour ago, New POD said:

We had a visitor the other day too. 

20200628_101423.thumb.jpg.8d57f5399b69b90b523fe70aeca26225.jpg

All yor nutz r belong too uz.

Our garden is L shaped with a cemetery one side and allotments on the other and also backs onto a park and we have two albino squirrels that spend a lot of time in the trees or running along our fences bordering our garden. Though I can never get a picture of both of the squirrels together :-(4164c8c95d5bf6626350dc010cb8079a.jpg

5 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Yessum, Miss Daisy.

Just normal driving and holding 55 mph on the way home. It gets better miles per gallon at 55 than it does at 40, which for me is a first. Normally 40-45 has been the "peak economy" speed, where top gear just engages and wind drag is at a minimum for engine RPM.

1 hour ago, PhilA said:

Just normal driving and holding 55 mph on the way home. It gets better miles per gallon at 55 than it does at 40, which for me is a first. Normally 40-45 has been the "peak economy" speed, where top gear just engages and wind drag is at a minimum for engine RPM.

My Cadillac STS did the same - it would get 30 mpg ish at 55mph on the flat, drop that to 45mph and it'd drop to 28. 

17 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Picked up four litres of 10W 40 semi synth from Tesco for £4.  Not seen it that cheap in a long while.  Might have to treat the Carina E to an oil change...

Not showing on the website at that price, 

Can you pick up 40 litres for me, do you deliver ??

14 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Picked up four litres of 10W 40 semi synth from Tesco for £4.  Not seen it that cheap in a long while.  Might have to treat the Carina E to an oil change...

Just did the same. They also had 10w 30 that was the right grade for my Passat but not VW 501 spec. Would probably be fine but I erred on the side of caution.

8 hours ago, Austat said:
The Car of Tomorrow from 1971. A lot of the high-end tech is considered standard equipment nowadays, but it's funny to see it in something from BL.

What sort of display were they using for the fault readouts? It looked at bit like those Nixie tube things, but very much miniaturised.