What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 minutes ago, camryv6 said:

So how long did you spend sorting it out, or are you still doing it ?

I've not touched any of that lot yet! - I've fitted a battery and proper split charge setup under the drivers seat (robbing the split charge relay off my own van!), that took most of the morning. Tomorrow I'm going to rip that lot out and see if anything can be salvaged - I really don't want to reuse anything, but equally I don't want to spend hours fishing wires round the van to the interior lights etc.

5 minutes ago, cobblers said:

I've not touched any of that lot yet! - I've fitted a battery and proper split charge setup under the drivers seat (robbing the split charge relay off my own van!), that took most of the morning. Tomorrow I'm going to rip that lot out and see if anything can be salvaged - I really don't want to reuse anything, but equally I don't want to spend hours fishing wires round the van to the interior lights etc.

I knew you wouldn't just leave it, we have all been there ?

15 hours ago, omegod said:

BAC have permission to use a runway at Speke airport for testing these, very high quality product 

They changed the name of that airport, so you don't get confused with the National Trust property next door. 

It's now called Liverpuddle Pete Best Areodrome.   After the only one of the beetles who didn't leave via its runway. 

Camped in a remote corner of the parents' farm for summer solstice (social distancing yo).

This was taken with my phone at 10:40pm last night.

IMG_20200620_223749150.thumb.jpg.85b56576901840ef3126496719fba9d2.jpg

I have more photos, taken with my proper camera. However my no-name SD card reader finally shat itself, so it met its end with a hammer, and I now have a proper Anker SD card reader on order.

Have reached an agreement with my other half for us to save for a camper van.  She showed me a picture of 'the sort of thing I mean'.  A K-reg Talbot 2.5D.  Might take us a while to get there - but I've wanted one for years and now I might be able to get one if we're careful with our Pennies...

Today has been a good day.

2 hours ago, paulplom said:

Nice t-shirt off the kids today.
And I put a kitchen cupboard up for my the asians next door. Her husband is a chef at an indians at Whitley Bay. They've just brought this round as a thankyou. Beef madras, chicken korma and mince pilau. It smells amazing.
581ff414d8b2a7ddef734181b2072e19.jpgfa4bd47a8f714b2cbaa2938f17058a40.jpg

There used to be an Indian family living behind us, the smell coming from her kitchen at teatime was amazing

Just watched a French movie on Netflix, 'Lost Bullit' 

Lots of chases etc, much euroshite getting rather broken. 

Sadly the star car, a left field choice, doesn't really survive.. ?

The old boy a few units up from mine is moving into a smaller unit and "disposing" of a load of tools and I seem to be his first port of call.

This morning he's donated an 18" set of stilstons, a pipe bender and a large biscuit tin full of proper good quality crimp terminals (Early 1990s "Ampliversal" brand) and a really nice crimp tool. Bloody lovely stuff

Last week I found some timpo knights so I though I'd put them on ebay , what is it with toys

Unfortunately I dont have this one which just sold for £2,332.14 , it might have made more if he still had a hard on .

Screenshot_20200622-083222_eBay.jpg

19 hours ago, Supernaut said:

Camped in a remote corner of the parents' farm for summer solstice (social distancing yo).

This was taken with my phone at 10:40pm last night.

IMG_20200620_223749150.thumb.jpg.85b56576901840ef3126496719fba9d2.jpg

I have more photos, taken with my proper camera. However my no-name SD card reader finally shat itself, so it met its end with a hammer, and I now have a proper Anker SD card reader on order.

You jammy bastard. I'm going absolutely mental not being able to get out and go camping! 

11 minutes ago, cobblers said:

You jammy bastard. I'm going absolutely mental not being able to get out and go camping! 

Yeah, I'm still not sure how legal it was or wasn't.

I wasn't at a public campsite or anything, though. I was also checking in on my vulnerable elderly parents etc. etc. etc. Totally not borrowing their tractor to take my camping equipment to the other end of the farm, then get drunk and watch the sun start to rise again at 1:30am. Nope, definitely didn't do that.

18 hours ago, Volksy said:

Just watched a French movie on Netflix, 'Lost Bullit' 

Lots of chases etc, much euroshite getting rather broken. 

Sadly the star car, a left field choice, doesn't really survive.. ?

Just seen the Trailer for it. A french fast and furious type of affair by the look of it?

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

Yeah, I'm still not sure how legal it was or wasn't.

I wasn't at a public campsite or anything, though. I was also checking in on my vulnerable elderly parents etc. etc. etc. Totally not borrowing their tractor to take my camping equipment to the other end of the farm, then get drunk and watch the sun start to rise again at 1:30am. Nope, definitely didn't do that.

It's still not legal to spend the night away from your primary residence, but I don't think it really matters, you're not harming anyone and the law is pretty much unenforceable now.

I've camped in the carpark outside work and in my mates field, but neither are any kind of substitute for being in the proper countryside. 

21 hours ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Have reached an agreement with my other half for us to save for a camper van.  She showed me a picture of 'the sort of thing I mean'.  A K-reg Talbot 2.5D.  Might take us a while to get there - but I've wanted one for years and now I might be able to get one if we're careful with our Pennies...

Today has been a good day.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1116669485191534/  go on you know you want to.