What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

39 minutes ago, Frogchod said:

Nissan are doing used Leafs for 99 euro a month which tempted me slightly.

Think I'll wait for the Dacia. 

Hopefully the new frog government bonuses of up to 12k will make it virtually free...

Similar to what I have read  the UK government plans to do. Means less chod for the rest of us to find.

Did my PhD assignment in 4 days! Had lectures all last week and then sat down Friday morning to start.

Submitted 32 pages of hopefully passable nonsense on the ESS late last night.

Mega impressed with myself, who knew it was possible to not leaving it to the last minute is even possibl.

Deadline isnt until 8th August.

Two more to go before finalising my thesis proposal then the hard work starts

A friend of mine lives at the top of Nob Hill in SF which is about 4 miles away from the Golden Gate, she can hear the bridge singing from her flat. 

She first assumed one of her crazy hippy neighbours was learning some new age chanting. 

On 6/9/2020 at 9:07 AM, myglaren said:

Improvements to the Golden Gate bridge backfire

The second video - it will only post both together.

Speaking as someone who has a manic intolerance of noise, I actually quite like that. Much nicer than listening to some brain dead twat's thumping music or barking dog.

I bought my first house on Monday! After 15 years of renting a dismal variety of hovels, and spending the last 7 months with my well meaning but very OCD in-laws we got the keys to the new place last monday.

Cue 2 days of moving all of my worldly posessions in, sorting it all then compiling a lengthy list of all the things we need to buy (washing line, dining chairs, microwave etc) to fill in the gaps. However, most importantly, this

garage.thumb.jpg.2786744167c6838fca6f3e769bb68b8e.jpg

As well as a drive that will fit 3 cars on easily, I have my very own double garage! Its currently filled with about a million cardboard boxes and all sorts of moving tat and needs a good sort out, but this is literally the main reason I bought this place (as well as to house my family) - its exactly what I wanted. The days of tinkering with cars on a sloping drive in either the baking sun or pissing rain are gone. I have celebrated by buying myself a halfords tool cab and top box, 2 bigdug workbenches to go where the rickety shelving unit in the back right of the garage are currently, a nice new SGS alu trolley jack, and the @Skizzer-lift from CJ autos to properly kit it out.

The kids are still asleep and I've actually got a bit of time to type this up before I hit up screwfix for a load of DIY stuff, the shops for a food shop that will make the EU stockpiled meat and grain mountains look like molehills and then argos for a bedframe for my eldest as the crack-den 'mattress on the floor surrounded by piles of toys and clothes' look isn't in vogue any more I'm told.

Now I just have to pay for it all for the next 30 years...

My garage in 5 mins drive away but having spent time building stuff like my wood burner in the back garden having a garage at home is extremely appealing . Being able to nip out for 1/2 an hour here and there is great rather than needing to jump in the car.

Erm — I really like that ?. It sounds like late Talk Talk/Mark Hollis, God rest him.

Maybe not great if it’s playing 24/7, but I’d happily buy the album.

6 hours ago, vulgalour said:

202006-06.thumb.jpg.811981bb1eeaae0d5b6e01cefc6ef0eb.jpg

Well, I like it! Can we have a side profile shot?

I know you love unsolicited opinions/suggestions and so since you definitely asked*, I wonder if somehow matt blacking part of the rear end would help tie in the spoiler? I've just no idea where you'd end, with that pesky drop in the boot lid between the tail lights but I reckon it'd also highlight those rocket boosters a real treat.

4 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

...Anywhere at the back is just going to detract from the lights surely?

I see what you mean, but the current position on the bootlid looks a bit wrong - a bit like someone wearing drop-crotch trousers with the waistband at comedy low level, exposing the underpants.

Boody hell that is a weird sound.  I've cycled along that footpath sidewalk and it was quite a pleasant ride - don't think it'd be as enjoyable with that racket going on.  Especially after dark - that would be eerie as f*ck.