What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 5/22/2020 at 7:32 PM, MarvinsMom said:

i'll have to get a picture of the yellow reliant that lives in town, it has a bonnet scoop and a DTM style spoiler fitted to it....

look what was sat in the car park down town this afternoon.....

1075277417_2020-05-2616_03_56.thumb.jpg.cca7dc01f3871db538c7e28a4e542b22.jpg

1298566656_2020-05-2616_04_10.thumb.jpg.94a7be79deacb049a9bfcd6e17e8b9e4.jpg

1910648736_2020-05-2616_04_30.thumb.jpg.d3c110152875435710b99bfd6c3085a8.jpg

1932557865_2020-05-2616_04_13.thumb.jpg.1956216f1d577dde8a49eeaf39842582.jpg

its got a different spoiler, and wing mirrors i think since i had a close look at it, but it still raises a smile each time i see it about town.

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

Just turned on the radio to listen to some calming music.  For those who like to moan that the Royal Family don't have proper jobs, it seems that Prince Charles is now a radio presenter for Classic FM. 

I'm a Radio 4 listener. Charlie Boy's not there.

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

@Saabnut ' ahh huv tae many cairs' *buys more *sells some *buys more

@Six-cylinder *indignant* (kidding) i cannot walk round my driveway - i must sell vehicles

*buys more

:P

nuts :D

The world has gone to hell in a handcart. I understood hairnet!

On Monday I got in the Toyota to move it out of its space so I could get the Tempra in.  As I got in I noticed a strong smell of petrol.  I had a part-filled can in the boot and it turns out I hadn't closed the cap tightly after filling up the lawn mower earlier, and the heat had made the vapour in the can expand and waft around the car.  So I did the cap up tight.  This was mid-afternoon and it must have been 40 degrees in the car.

Yesterday evening I went to get the can out again to tip a bit in the Volvo - it was about 12 degrees by this point, and the temperature change and corresponding contraction in the volume of the air in the can had basically made the can completely cave in on itself- both sides and the bottom were folded in.  Opening the lid didn't cause it to regain its original shape, nor did bending it about to try and get the plastic back into shape - it was proper creased and wasn't going to straighten up easily.  I was a bit pissed off - a gallon jerry can which will now only hold about a litre is no use to anyone.

Then I found that the nozzle of my airbed pump is an exact (as in airtight) fit inside the end of the jerry can filler hose.  So hose screwed tightly onto the can, pump nozzle in end of pipe and pump away, and it soon regained its can shape.  That's saved me having to fork out £5.99 on a new one.

watching the old, and very cheap slasher film "Schizo" on telly, cos well, there is now't else on.

in the first 5 minutes, the film opens with a guy walking out of a factory's gate, and buying a newspaper in front of the Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough,

then cuts to what is now the big market in Newcastle......

then your man gets on train to that london, when he gets off, he gets out of the  carriage  behind the locomotive,

which is a class 87 electric, at that time the film was made they were all but brand new on the west coast mainline,

and he then walks out of Kings Cross station.

whoever did the continuity wants slappin! and as i said, it is a proper cheap film.

been a nerd is such fun!

£20 for a not-metal BX bonnet that's only 30 miles away?  Don't mind if I do!  Don't even care that it's the wrong colour since I was going to have to get my bent original one painted anyway, and silver to white isn't too bad a colour change to have to do.

Today I finished my Tamiya Boomerang rebuild and update 1.0 Was my original car from many years ago and dragged it out for cv19 fun!

It Was only going to be a clean and enjoy but junior sills finished off the already brittle and slightly broken plastics. 

From this;

IMG_20200428_144409.thumb.jpg.08871ae11277ebea08c53d9e3d579f8c.jpg

To this:IMG_20200528_161902.thumb.jpg.dadf237f3c9cebc2fa2e5463513e156c.jpg

IMG_20200528_161910.thumb.jpg.cbff290efc1ff78c330a3689ef1e998c.jpg

IMG_20200528_162014.thumb.jpg.8924e4e14f80360993a2373d68602ced.jpg

IMG_20200528_170636.thumb.jpg.d017d3a2e1c4776c5313851c6e42c332.jpg

I'm really pleased. Rarely does an idea actually become reality and what you hope it may be. ?

not a huge fan of classical but when its done in a fun way it can be very good

i watch lots of guitar riff vids and that kinda thing but one of this guys videos came up for some reason (i like piano too)

hes famous for the staring at the camera while hes playing and the pointing at the beginning of pieces - he teaches in brazil ( i originally thought he was portuguese)

he has the odd guest appearance and id not seen this one

1:49 - absolutely brilliant :D - also there were at least a coupla times where she was def trying not to laugh :D

I might be that person on our street.  I don't mind, it's netting me free stuff.  Today, one of our neighbours asked if I wanted a pair of old metal ramps which saves me buying some and might make working on the BX a little easier since it can be a real nuisance to get a stand underneath.  I don't like driving up on ramps, but you can jack the car up and put the ramps under the wheels instead and that works well enough if you're sensible.  Then they started pulling other stuff out of the stash of things they were clearing out and it turned out they had a fair few old things that were useful to us and saved them going to landfill.  About a dozen hand saws of various types, a Black and Decker 5" circular saw from the early 90s, a colourtune set, and a spark plug cleaner.  I've no idea if I'll ever use the spark plug cleaner as a spark plug cleaner, it's basically a tiny little self-contained sandblaster really, so it could be useful for cleaning bolt threads or something like that if not spark plugs.  There might be a timing light and some Imperial spanners too, so we shall have to see, I love a bit of wombling.

3 hours ago, xtriple said:

Your SLK is the same colour as my old CLK and that was down as 'black' as well. In some lights, I think it does?

It does a bit when it's raining, which tbf is 364 days a year in Scotland