What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

11 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Another nocturnal visitor.  He (?) was sat outside my front door, I nearly trod on him in the dark. 

DSC_1038.thumb.JPG.9380455c7dc8d2130f97ad6b3a46ce75.JPG

I found this little one at work on Tuesday

20200519_083643.thumb.jpg.103d1af3030f1ecd38046da8e9472994.jpg 

He shouldn't have been out at that time,& wasn't looking too good,but perked up a bit when we gave him some food & drink

Screenshot_20200523-100803_Gallery.thumb.jpg.eabccb149a53fc934f680aeb7834a527.jpg

One of my workmates rung around to see if there was a rescue place that could take him,but they were all full.We put him in a box with some bedding & put him in a shed so nothing could get him.He was eating quite well,but still didn't seem right & on Thursday they managed to find a place for him at a rescue place where he is now.

They'll let us know if he makes it & someone can go & get him to release him back where he was found.

Yesterday, rather than sitting with the engine running to keep the battery topped up, I took my decrepit roffle win Honda for a quick spin up and down the street. It can't have covered more than 0.2 of a mile and never got above 2nd gear but it was lovely to be driving it again. Despite being 21 years old and having not moved more than 6ft since mid-March it always feel a lot happier to be up woken from it's slumber than my much younger Prius. 

Inconsequential to many, but a big grin for me! 

5 hours ago, 155V6 said:

I found this little one at work on Tuesday

20200519_083643.thumb.jpg.103d1af3030f1ecd38046da8e9472994.jpg 

He shouldn't have been out at that time,& wasn't looking too good,but perked up a bit when we gave him some food & drink

Screenshot_20200523-100803_Gallery.thumb.jpg.eabccb149a53fc934f680aeb7834a527.jpg

One of my workmates rung around to see if there was a rescue place that could take him,but they were all full.We put him in a box with some bedding & put him in a shed so nothing could get him.He was eating quite well,but still didn't seem right & on Thursday they managed to find a place for him at a rescue place where he is now.

They'll let us know if he makes it & someone can go & get him to release him back where he was found.

Probably on the look out for water,i had a couple visit my garden last year,left a bowl of water out and they drank a lot of it and off they went--it's very satisfying to help them.

3 hours ago, Vantman said:

Probably on the look out for water,i had a couple visit my garden last year,left a bowl of water out and they drank a lot of it and off they went--it's very satisfying to help them.

You could be right,it's been very dry & dusty round there recently.

6 hours ago, jumpingjehovahs said:

Yesterday, rather than sitting with the engine running to keep the battery topped up, I took my decrepit roffle win Honda for a quick spin up and down the street. It can't have covered more than 0.2 of a mile and never got above 2nd gear but it was lovely to be driving it again. Despite being 21 years old and having not moved more than 6ft since mid-March it always feel a lot happier to be up woken from it's slumber than my much younger Prius. 

Inconsequential to many, but a big grin for me! 

Follow up grin. Took the car down to the jet-wash at Morrisons today to wash it and not only was it almost a thrill to do something so normal, it also came up looking amazing. Drove it straight home and polished it and I'm really happy with it. Certainly better than 3 months worth of dust and baked on bird shit.

Priuswash.thumb.jpeg.40c5ea5cf4061a41f79351fe6e7f73c5.jpeg

The roof on these is a weird aero/bumpy kind of shape so this picture of shit but I'm very happy with how much it shines after a polish too.  Bonus HRV/workstation views too. 

Priuswash1.thumb.jpeg.91b3d2abdab526e2b84cabe58cb8f969.jpeg

Little things in lockdown! 

Also think I might have seen @BorniteIdentity/his Corolla did a small wave, but neglected to flash the headlights in case I looked like a loon to a stranger. Either way a Corolla spot is also a grin! 

23 minutes ago, jumpingjehovahs said:

Follow up grin. Took the car down to the jet-wash at Morrisons today to wash it and not only was it almost a thrill to do something so normal, it also came up looking amazing. Drove it straight home and polished it and I'm really happy with it. Certainly better than 3 months worth of dust and baked on bird shit.

Priuswash.thumb.jpeg.40c5ea5cf4061a41f79351fe6e7f73c5.jpeg

The roof on these is a weird aero/bumpy kind of shape so this picture of shit but I'm very happy with how much it shines after a polish too.  Bonus HRV/workstation views too. 

Priuswash1.thumb.jpeg.91b3d2abdab526e2b84cabe58cb8f969.jpeg

Little things in lockdown! 

Also think I might have seen @BorniteIdentity/his Corolla did a small wave, but neglected to flash the headlights in case I looked like a loon to a stranger. Either way a Corolla spot is also a grin! 

Not me - but I WAS at Morrison's earlier on!  In the Paedovan/Granvia.

Good to see you out and about man!

Had a local friend who I know from the vacuum and car scene pop over earlier and socially and distantly drop this off for some magic

IMG_20200523_202521.thumb.jpg.10d63c6c6e746bbf968a6e9264a7f2bf.jpg

We then at a distance looked round his car

IMG_20200523_202512.thumb.jpg.96edfd2f37eb5b7e1ada2f822f51a472.jpg

Which he says he's been refining the timing on today and it sounded ace, didn't realise they had such a note coming from the exhaust! 

I found this while going through a box of photographic slides with my Grandma, it would have been from when she got her licence in 1969.

2AA72D9E-E5DE-44C7-8573-13D851D49392.thumb.jpeg.37783eac3455ddccf7377a799316a74f.jpeg

It was also great for us to look at all the slides she has, I’ve never seen them and she hadn’t looked at them since the 80s. Thankfully my neighbour had a slide projector we could borrow.

Enjoying a present from[mention=5588]DVee8[/mention] in liu of lending my chipper.

A mate contacted me and said he had a 2010 kia ceed3 1.6 diesel for sale. I offered up my bini and saab as a swap.

I went to have a look this morning and he had his laptop handy. He's self employed and had a grant from the government recently. He entered my details and within 6 days I'll be getting money paid into my account too. Canny result .

Not sure what to do regarding the swap though.321d095b1bbe606e0bae6ff45a3b4e43.jpg

I should have been at a convention this weekend but it was of course cancelled due to the current situation.  They've had a few events streaming over the weekend online though so it's been nice to feel like a part of things at least a little bit.

The real grin though, even though the event was cancelled through, we've still managed to raise £16K and counting for this year's charity.  That's through people donating some or all of their membership costs rather than requesting a refund and through donations made over this weekend.  That's a lot of money from an event that basically never happened.

I might die of shock...just been doing work involving carpentry and it didn't descend into a complete farce!  Everything actually fitted...first time.

Sure I'll make up for it when I continue tomorrow - need to make a Toolstation run first though as I've run out of mounting brackets and am nearly out of the relevant size of woodscrews.

49 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

I might die of shock...just been doing work involving carpentry and it didn't descend into a complete farce!  Everything actually fitted...first time.

Sure I'll make up for it when I continue tomorrow - need to make a Toolstation run first though as I've run out of mounting brackets and am nearly out of the relevant size of woodscrews.

I've worked out that my carpentry skills are more meant for the garden in a utilitarian (rough as fuck) kind of way! 

Can anyone cut a straight line with a saw? If so,bloody how!!!! ??

57 minutes ago, Crusty Sills said:

I've worked out that my carpentry skills are more meant for the garden in a utilitarian (rough as fuck) kind of way! 

Can anyone cut a straight line with a saw? If so,bloody how!!!! ??

I have found that my daughter is far more adept at joinery than I.  At least she can cut a straight line, in the right place, first time every time.