What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

watching Ghost in the Shell on telly.

just watched a gun fight in downtown Tokyo "in the future"

Scarlet Johnston has just pulled up in a mark 1 lotus esprit (complete with marina door handles), and the chief scientist woman has just crashed a Bentley Eight (or similar)

glad to see that hopeless british cars will still be about in the future!

Happy days -  oil filter (NOS) for the old quad out the back, 99 pence from eBay PLUS deep joy on reading the manual (I know that's an odd thing to do but we are in lockdown still here in Wales) and discovering that I can use some of the gallons of 15W40 that's been sitting in the shed for maybe ten or eleven years when the filter arrives. Ohh Happy Scotsman

Lady Grumpius' car hasn't moved since the 20th of March - which is an age as far as we're concerned.  Was a little worried that the battery would be dead.

Nope.  Started first time.  Had to go back and forth a little to free the rear brakes and apply them a few times to get them in again - but drove it down the road and back again with absolutely no issues.  Genuinely quite delighted.

My lovely BX19 GT went to it's new home yesterday. I was a bit worried about it's future as it was bought as "my son's first car" . It was a wonderful surprise to find out that son knew what he was getting and father  mentioned to me that he owned some racing cars, one of which I knew about, A fiat 125 T special. He is hugely into Mercedes and rallying. The Citroen is to be a project car for the son to learn mechanics on and own. I am now very happy it has gone to a good home !!!

Saw my dad today for the first time in a while, tackled the "self employed grant" stuff for him cos he's pretty skint. Nice to see him and cheer him up a bit.  I've got to laugh though, I walked over to say hello when he pulled up in his van and the first thing I noticed was these bastards:

855311377_2020-05-1715_30_50.thumb.jpg.d52d8521dcac35fb3cffa75441f643bf.jpg

"Oh yeah" he said "I've been having to pull over and wipe the screen with a bit of cloth when it rains, it's been like that since last year, I wasn't sure what was wrong"

I gave him the blades off my camper, which are both 4" too short and fit for the bin already. 

On 4/29/2020 at 6:04 PM, GBJ said:

Are you sure it wasn't a loose battery connection that you improved when you connected the leads?

nope bike is 16 car is 17 - all that kinda shit is well taken care of

fuck all journeys - had been used once in more than a fortnight

must sort out multimeter - battery may well be fucked - previous old git only used for small journeys also

Customer came in this morning asking whether the extension had ended.We did MoT his car anyway but this made me smile.

He said "so I can drive the length of the country and go to a beach with 100's of other people, I can now drive to a garden centre and buy a flower but it is too dangerous to take my car for an MoT" 

image.png.1d058e5c07e32f740527a19639d0492e.png

The talbot express facebook group is always a laugh - the lengths people will go to avoid fixing something. Give me fucking strength! The side repeater is 18" away from the indicator, there is line of sight between them. "Nope, instead of running a short length of wire, I will fill and paint the holes on both sides of the van and have no visible indicators.

A few weeks ago someone fitted JML touch lights and AA powered fairly lights all around the inside of their van and was dead pleased with herself, it was apparently "easier than finding a new fuse to get the normal interior lights working".

A few weeks before that some decided she didn't like cupboard doors on her motorhome, so she simply unscrewed them all and gave them away immediately.

4 minutes ago, cobblers said:

The talbot express facebook group is always a laugh - the lengths people will go to avoid fixing something. Give me fucking strength! The side repeater is 18" away from the indicator, there is line of sight between them. "Nope, instead of running a short length of wire, I will fill and paint the holes on both sides of the van and have no visible indicators from the side of the van

A few weeks ago someone fitted JML touch lights and AA powered fairly lights all around the inside of their van and was dead pleased, it was apparently "easier than finding a new fuse to get the normal interior lights working".

I was on there for a couple of weeks with my short lived Talbot motorhome, i must agree i pissed myself on the occasional visit.

Great reading, even if you dont have a motorhome 

20 hours ago, cobblers said:

The talbot express facebook group is always a laugh - the lengths people will go to avoid fixing something. Give me fucking strength! The side repeater is 18" away from the indicator, there is line of sight between them. "Nope, instead of running a short length of wire, I will fill and paint the holes on both sides of the van and have no visible indicators.

A few weeks ago someone fitted JML touch lights and AA powered fairly lights all around the inside of their van and was dead pleased with herself, it was apparently "easier than finding a new fuse to get the normal interior lights working".

A few weeks before that some decided she didn't like cupboard doors on her motorhome, so she simply unscrewed them all and gave them away immediately.

I know a lady that’s probably on there and these sound her sort of people. She’s recently retired from a working life travelling to the dodgiest bits of the World for HMG. Just after retiring her mother died leaving her a sizeable farm - in The Herts/Bucks borders, which she’s sold. Safe to assume millions in the bank, so what does she buy? Yes, a knackered old Talbot camper, that she loves. Last time I saw her she’d just been to the Scottish Highlands in it -;took a week to get there.