What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Watched Everest on netflix last night , very good , it prompted me to look at how much it costs them for a guided trip

$69,000

I bet this picture isn't in the brochure :D the queue to the summit in 2019

Screenshot_20200504-071707_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, Wack said:

Watched Everest on netflix last night , very good , it prompted me to look at how much it costs them for a guided trip

$69,000

I bet this picture isn't in the brochure :D the queue to the summit in 2019....

I suppose the next step would be Western tourist mountaineers* being winched down onto the summit from a helicopter for that all-important selfie.

46 minutes ago, Wack said:

It's 30,000ft , same as commercial airliners fly , I dont think there's a helicopter that can fly that high or I'm sure they'd be doing it 

There will be somebody mad enough to try it.

Et après ça, le deluge.

I love this description:

For Sale, lml star auto, was running with mot about a year ago, not been used and sat in garden since, got no time to get on with doing it up, 14 plate, ideal project through quarantine time, collect only from Caistor LN7, £875

it’s the ‘was running with MoT’ followed by ‘about a year ago’ that made me laugh, or as anyone else would say - MoT has run out.

i believe a helicopter can fly as high, and even higher than mount everest.

however the machines that have completed such extream flights have been proper stripped out of everything not needed to make the machine fly, and the pilots have been on bottled oxygen, so the helicopter wouldn't be much use for picking people up off the mountain as they were very much on the limit of their capabilities just getting up that high.

on more fun news, look what i've found, having been moving things about in the back room

1694890667_2020-05-0413_43_01.thumb.jpg.132b8e3d8a0d8b01c7402699425d54c2.jpg

"robert de neros waiting, talking italia, talking italia......."

1 hour ago, xtriple said:

I have digestive biscuits after an abscence of 10 days.

I am now FAT... but happy :)

i have a packet of ASBO's finest, cheapest chocolate oatie biscuits in the kitchen that i have, so far, been able to resist opening.

because i know that if i open them, i'll eat them all.

cos i'm fat, and i've quit smoking.......

50 minutes ago, Wack said:

If you're going to drive like a cunt it's probably best you look where you're going , another for the A3 hall of fame ?

I feel sorry for the poor bugger who had to leap out of the way and see his shopping get squashed. I hope that he is able to claim for his shopping and a clean pair of pants

22 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

I feel sorry for the poor bugger who had to leap out of the way and see his shopping get squashed. I hope that he is able to claim for his shopping and a clean pair of pants

The arsehole driving the car is lucky the guy was so light on his feet , anybody else and he could be facing a manslaughter charge.